Mobile data connection issues on L650 latest build .576

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Am on latest build and having issues connecting mobile data on L650. Basically no connection no matter how I set in mobile and sim. Tried switching sim to another android phone and it works beautifully. So reckon can't be Service provider or sim issues.

Yup, have soft reset many times and still the same. Anyone facing the same issues on .576 build.

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Am on latest build and having issues connecting mobile data on L650. Basically no connection no matter how I set in mobile and sim. Tried switching sim to another android phone and it works beautifully. So reckon can't be Service provider or sim issues.

Yup, have soft reset many times and still the same. Anyone facing the same issues on .576 build.
Um sir, go to settings, network and wireless, mobile and sim, and set the data roaming options to "roam". Also see the additional sim settings like highest speed of connection and all, and then see if it works.
Also, if a dula sim device, I would suggest you to put the sim in slot one.

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Um sir, go to settings, network and wireless, mobile and sim, and set the data roaming options to "roam". Also see the additional sim settings like highest speed of connection and all, and then see if it works.
Also, if a dula sim device, I would suggest you to put the sim in slot one.
Yup, all checked and done, but not working.

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
This is confusing then, coz it should not have happened. haven't heard anyone else with this issue.
you can do one thing, use the sim in android, and check and note all the settings and even Apn and all on that device and try to make it same on the windows phone. I am really sorry I couldn't help more. still, I shall look into the issue on internet, and if I find anything, shall let you know right away. :)

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
This is confusing then, coz it should not have happened. haven't heard anyone else with this issue.
you can do one thing, use the sim in android, and check and note all the settings and even Apn and all on that device and try to make it same on the windows phone. I am really sorry I couldn't help more. still, I shall look into the issue on internet, and if I find anything, shall let you know right away. :)

Thanks for your help. I have indeed done that. The strange thing I observed is, when restarting, it will allow data connection for just a brief moment. It then will go without cell signal, resumes 5 minutes later, but no data connection at all after this. Can't help but feel this phone is possessed.🤣

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Update... I swopped my sim to my Lumia 535 dual sim with the same .576 build and it's working perfectly. Very strange.

In the default profile apn on 535, I can view the setting. In the default profile apn of 650, the apply, view and delete options are all greyed out.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Oddly enough, lately I've been having issues with my data on my phone. Every now and then, it just looses any and all cellular data connection. I can be sitting at one spot, browsing, etc., then bam, nothing. Reboot the phone and it comes back.

But I haven't found a sure way to reproduce the issue.

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Can you create a new APN profile? If yes, just copy it from 535's APN.

Did as described. Same results like other methods tried. Once restarted, it will have data access (H+) very briefly. It will then lose network connection shortly. After about 5 minutes network resumed, but without mobile data access.

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Have also called up telco for assistance. They gave me a USSD code to dial to update apn. Same issues like what has been described above.

So don't think it's telco or sim card issues as same sim card works flawlessly on Lumia 535 and android sets.

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Have also called up telco for assistance. They gave me a USSD code to dial to update apn. Same issues like what has been described above.

So don't think it's telco or sim card issues as same sim card works flawlessly on Lumia 535 and android sets.

Then i guess it is a hardware issue. :-\
Need to get it checked with the Ms care centre itself.

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
It decides to work again after months of rest. Nothing has been done, no sending in for checks or whatsoever.... Self healing. Lets hope it stays this way.

Just to add, this is before the os updates today.🙂

Last edited:

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Now my L650 dual sim shows no network with a Consumer Cellular (pls don't judge) in SIM 2. The Tmo SIM works fine in #2 . The CC works fine in #1 . But I need my unlimited data from Tmo in slot #1 . I have called CC for preferred APN and other settings. Multiple soft resets. On latest update, .693. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Can you open field test from the dialer ##3282# and tell me if you see any strange issues there?

I am having a somewhat different issue where none of my LTE bands under band locking will stay check marked.

It says "Something happened and we couldn't complete this action". 😐

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
oh ok...that could be part of the problem, or something totally different all together...

what about after a soft reset?

Also what carrier/provider?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3