Good deal...I hope.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Congrats! I hope that you'll like it. To me, the 650 seems to perform better on W10M over the 640. Let us know how that goes for you!

I don't know if you would notice it when you get it, but it feels just as wide as the Honor 8 (the difference is 0.01) so it should feel just the same, which I'm a big fan of!

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanx Libra!
I'm sure the 650 will do quite well for the needs/wants!

As always with every phone I'm very curious about the camera.

eightyplus

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
My relationship with Microsoft began in the late 1980s when our TV station decided to move into the then new computer age. We purchased for all work stations the IBM floppy computers using Microsoft MS-DOS. Over the years we kept upgrading our equipment but always stayed with Microsoft for software. When I retired I continued to work with Microsoft software in setting up church systems. So it only seemed right to have a Microsoft phone when my wife and family were in Blackberry and Android worlds. This Christmas I treated myself to a new Lumia 650 based on the fact it was Microsoft and the piece was right. Yesterday I received a large update to my phone. I am not aware what this update consisted of as the only info given was it is worth the wait to load it, and I did. The 650 compared to the other family phones has proven to by quite good. My oldest daughter is a CEO in a Computer Software company in BC and is the Blackberry user, so I will not compare the 650 to her phone, but the others are all fairly equal and I see no where, even in the battery where the 650 is inferior. I am not sure what improvement yesterday's update provides but so far overall the 650 is one nice phone for basic home and small business users.

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to get a dual SIM phone.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DV48PC...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3615350
Hoping this might be a great option since I returned the 640XL I bought.
That phone was just too slow on WM10.

With any luck the 650 should be faster since I've gotten used to very speedy smartphones lately.

I'm thinking of getting that exact phone too, Lumia 650 RM-1154. I used a Lumia 640 a couple months ago, upgraded to Windows 10 and it felt slow, with lots of "loading". I wonder if that's the case with the Lumia 650 as well.
I've been trying lots of different Android phones (Moto G4 Play, LG G3, Blu R1 HD, Galaxy S5, BlackBerry DTEK50) the last few months and I just couldn't stand any of them. I guess I can't get used to the UI, so it's back to Windows for me.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting that exact phone too, Lumia 650 RM-1154. I used a Lumia 640 a couple months ago, upgraded to Windows 10 and it felt slow, with lots of "loading". I wonder if that's the case with the Lumia 650 as well.
In my experience, the 650 seems to perform better on W10M. It doesn't feel as slow.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I've been trying lots of different Android phones (Moto G4 Play, LG G3, Blu R1 HD, Galaxy S5, BlackBerry DTEK50) the last few months and I just couldn't stand any of them. I guess I can't get used to the UI, so it's back to Windows for me.

Can't comment on the 640 vs 650 w/10 buuut... During our use we're finding the 650 is able to sustain itself reasonably well. Do see loading/resuming on a daily basis yet knowing the price paid, phone's specs, state of the OS, those aspects have kept our expectations in check.

In all honesty, this is the best "handling" phone I have EVER owned due to its physical dimensions, looks are very appealing too. With my present case/theme combo the whole package simply "ROCKS!"... So much for functionality over beauty eh LOL. :winktongue:

donna88

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
In all honesty, this is the best "handling" phone I have EVER owned due to its physical dimensions, looks are very appealing too.

I totally agree on that! I own my Lumia 650 for about three weeks now and I love it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss