Difference between Cricket and unlocked version?

Furt

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone, I just picked up a 650 to replace my 640 from cricket and trying to figure out what differences, if any, there are between this version and the one Microsoft sells. I'm trying to get tap to pay to work, but don't know if that's even an option on the unlocked 650.

Dano91

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi, for Tap to pay go to Wallet app and add there you payment card details. Then go to Settings > Devices > NFC and enable tap to pay.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Hey everyone, I just picked up a 650 to replace my 640 from cricket and trying to figure out what differences, if any, there are between this version and the one Microsoft sells. I'm trying to get tap to pay to work, but don't know if that's even an option on the unlocked 650.
Not many but right now, the Cricket one lacks DTTW because they haven't released that firmware yet but the unlocked one has it.
The Cricket one also has band 12 and 17, which the unlocked one does not have. I'm sure about band 12, but not 17. Of course the Cricket one is single sim, while the latter is dual sim.

Furt

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by libra89
Not many but right now, the Cricket one lacks DTTW because they haven't released that firmware yet but the unlocked one has it.
The Cricket one also has band 12 and 17, which the unlocked one does not have. I'm sure about band 12, but not 17. Of course the Cricket one is single sim, while the latter is dual sim.

Okay. That's really not a bad deal for being free. Turns out none of my cards work with Microsoft Pay so I'm not going to worry about that, but I'm so far kind of blown away by how well the phone works. Most of the apps I had on my 640 still work and the newer wp10 apps after pretty solid. Hopefully Microsoft keeps the updates coming and keeps this phone working as well as it is now!

Daedriel

Dec 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi, for Tap to pay go to Wallet app and add there you payment card details. Then go to Settings > Devices > NFC and enable tap to pay.
Nope. Wallet only takes info on loyalty etc cards - not on credit cards. You'll need some other app for tap to pay. Not sure what one to trust myself, there appears to be no "official" app for Mastercard in the store.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
If the area setting is US and the phone is Lumia 650, 950 or 950 XL, then Microsoft Wallet takes info on payment cards.

This, and also your card/bank has to be supported too. There are people around these forums in the US making tap to pay payments successfully!

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I just received my 650 single sim from cricket today. Does anyone know if there is a firmware update to get ddtw ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750