Suggestions on flip cases for Lumia 650

fschmeck

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
I'm relatively new with Windows Phone 10 and picked up a Lumia 650. What I need now is a good walltet-style flip case (vertical or horizontal).

My preferences are:
- Flip style with cover (obviously)
- Good top and side protection

Here's what I've been looking at:
- Terrapin Leather (or Leather-style) folio wallter case
(https://www.amazon.ca/Lumia-650-Cas...hawk-future-ca-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3615323)

- Terrapin Ultra slim fit wallet folio
(https://www.amazon.ca/Lumia-650-Cas...hawk-future-ca-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3615323)

- Mooncase:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01FFNLDZ2...hawk-future-ca-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3615323

Something along those lines

I've seen some Mozo cases, but they seem to replace the back cover and offer no side protection. I'm used to my OEM Blackberry Q5 style case, and Monaco Leather cases before that for my Z10 which were great, but haven't found anything similar.

Any suggestions?

eightyplus

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Although a bit late in responding to this thread I too wanted a flip case for my 650 and found an excellent one on Amazon called the Terrapin Microsoft Lumia 650 Leather case - genuine leather - Executive Folio Wallet cover flip - card slots -Bill Compartment - brown

Although slightly on the heavy side this is an excellent product, very well made, and look top notch

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Amazon has a couple of covers by Stilgut. Very high quality leather, good protection, well made. More expensive than the other options mentioned. I got one for my 640. Liked it so much I got one for my 650. They have more of a luxury / business vibe vs fun. The one with card slots has fabulous protection...at the cost of thickness.

fschmeck

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
How much you want to spend on the flip-case?

Some good suggestions there. Another that keeps popping up is one by "snake hive"' but I cannot tell if it is just some knock off case with a fancy name and price as it seems identical to some cheap ones on eBay. Haven't found a good picture of the sides, top and bottom to see how the part that holds the phone is.

As for how much? I don't need luxury, but don't mind paying for something of quality provided it is built well. My experience with many if the "snap phone into holder" cases is that the part holding the phone gets brittle and breaks, especially around the ports where it tends to be thin plastic.

There's a Zizo wallet case that seems ok, and uses a TPU flexible insert that may be better, though I haven't seen one in person.

fschmeck

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
Although a bit late in responding to this thread I too wanted a flip case for my 650 and found an excellent one on Amazon called the Terrapin Microsoft Lumia 650 Leather case - genuine leather - Executive Folio Wallet cover flip - card slots -Bill Compartment - brown

Although slightly on the heavy side this is an excellent product, very well made, and look top notch

How do you find the part the phone snaps into? Is it hard, rigid plastic or flexible? I've had several cases in that style break and crack on the plastic bits.

They also make an "ultra thin" version that looks interesting, as it seems to cover all sides, but I I can't tell if the cover stays shut on it from the pics. Plus I'd have to live with baby blue :)

Would love a pic showing sides top and bottom if you can manage that, as the ones on Amazon make it hard to see how much of the top and bottom are covered.

eightyplus

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
soft plastic-like material, stays very firm on the phone and so far no problem and used every day. It is quite hard to remove the phone from the case so expect it will never come loose. My only complaint is the leather case is a bit on the heavy side, certainly more so than my wife's vinyl flip case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte