07-14-2018 07:31 AM
28 12
tools
    Thank you very much for this information I have followed all the procedure my phone now has the double touch, Lumia 650 cricket
    libra89 likes this.
    09-17-2017 07:49 PM
    Is it possible to still do this?

I'm a total beginner, more so than the person with post #25 .

On the LumiaFirmware link, There wasn't an obvious place to download the firmware that looks like a link. I clicked on "01078.00042.16352.50003 - OS 10.0.10586.494" and it just says "Retrieve the links please wait..." without any download happening that I can tell.

On that Interops link, the OP has an important notice from 11/25/2017 saying something about the app being banned from the Store. I looked at Microsoft Store, and it looks like the app is there, so presumably that issue was fixed?

If I can get the firmware downloaded onto my computer, I'll try getting a bit further with the registry edit. But, are the quotes in that are supposed to be typed in, or are they just indicating the part to change?

Edit following registry entries:HKLM >> SYSTEM >> Platform >> DeviceTargetInfo >> PhoneMobileOperatorName >> "000-US"HKLM >> SYSTEM >> Platform >> DeviceTargetInfo >> PhoneManufacturerModelName >> "RM-1150_15887" (FYI - this is US unlocked single-SIM variant)
    06-11-2018 02:35 AM
    Is it possible to still do this?

On the LumiaFirmware link, There wasn't an obvious place to download the firmware that looks like a link. I clicked on "01078.00042.16352.50003 - OS 10.0.10586.494" and it just says "Retrieve the links please wait..." without any download happening that I can tell.
    OK, I got past that eventually. Tried several browsers, downloaded Chrome, etc. Finally it worked on my main/original browser Edge for some reason or no reason other than retrying a bunch of times, so I finally got that .ffu file downloaded.

I spent the last two or three nights trying to get Interop Tools to work. Went to xda developers forum and tried to follow instructions in several different threads (trying to figure out what is current, what has been superceded), but keep getting hung up. When I try to install the dependencies on my Surface Pro, some of them don't install. Or maybe they are already installed? When I open Interop Tools (Preview), it asks me for the provider (of what?) through provider extensions. Are those the dependencies that I couldn't install or something else?

I also tried installing Interops on my older Windows 7 computer, to see if that would work. On that computer, it didn't respond when double clicking on the .appx files. I looked that up, and they are Visual Studio files or something (I'm not a developer so I have no idea what these programs are). So I installed Visual Studio, but not the whole thing, because the files are huge and would use up a large part of my internet cap for the month, and still might not work. Is that something I need to install? Anyway, after installing bare bones Visual Studio, the .appx files still didn't do anything, so I uninstalled Visual Studio.

Am I way out of my depth here? I'm not a computer professional. I did figure out how to root and flash back to stock a Galaxy S7, so I can follow instructions.
    07-14-2018 07:31 AM
28 12