cricket hd voice

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Moved from Lumia 650 forum...

Your device is not on the list. I would not expect it to go onto the list either as Cricket considers 650 EOLed.

<advice removed as it is clearly unwanted by the OP>

Last edited:

james42519

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
why was this moved? this is not a carrier topic this was about the 650 now. the 650 supports hd voice. it is in the specs. i was asking how to use it now. says under call management here hd voice. aka volte i guess. this phone has it. https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...2Flumia650%2Fspecifications%2F&token=ofE1v82U

that list is useless too. there are a lot of phones that are using it even iphone but they are not listed yet. don't mean they can't use it still. am i going to have to post this again in the forum since this is now in the wrong section for what i was looking for.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
why was this moved? this is not a carrier topic this was about the 650 now.

It was moved because it is a Carrier issue. If we solve it for 650 we likely solve it for all.

Would it be better to have only 650 users looking at the thread? How few of them are on Cricket? Seems better to me to have all Cricket users looking at the issue.

james42519

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
last i checked about all the phones were cricket since that is the only place that had them. there are a few unbranded phones but not as many.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Many people in the US got Cricket Lumia 650's to unlock and use on other networks, plus all the other countries in the world where Lumia 650 was sold unlocked.

Have it your way. Moved back to Lumia 650. I'm out. Good luck.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
If it is not officially supported by Cricket (or whatever carrier) you are on your own trying to either figure out a hack to make it work, or a work around. That is cool though that Cricket is moving forward with it.

FYI I have commented more than several times about enabling HD voice on the AT&T carrier with non-carrier windows 10 phones...

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
How do we confirm if the Cricket branded Lumia 650 supports Cricket and ATT after February 2022? My daughter got the text message saying it will be shut off. My other daughter also got the message for her Alcatel Idol 4S Windows phone. My Lumia 950 is safe.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I just ran my IMEI number through cricket and they said my 950 XL was not compatible. I will be dropping cricket and probably AT&T if I can't use my 950.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
I ran my 950 imei while back and it said not compatible. I have not receive the text message that my two daughters did. ATT has a list with the 950 on it saying good to go, oddly don't recall specific listing for 950XL. The Lumia 830 is on good list and so is the 640XL, this is why I am trying to get the 650 and Idol provisioned (at least confirmation they will work on ATT/Cricket). I have been told both 950's are known good on T-Mobile. My mother is using the Alcatel Idol 4s Windows on T-Mobile as well all working fine and T-Mobile has made the switch already.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
Ran the Field test menu from dial pad ##3282# Confirmed the Lumia 650 does support HD Voice. Available LTE bands are: 2,4,5,7,12,28. My 950 shows LTE Bands: 1,2,3,4,5,7,12,13,20,29,30,41.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
Cricket made changes Wednesday march 2nd 2022. My att unlocked Lumia 950 will not take calls or make calls. Text, web etc all fine. Cricket says turn on hd voice. It is on.. Do I need a new sim? Or make a setting change ?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Cricket made changes Wednesday march 2nd 2022. My att unlocked Lumia 950 will not take calls or make calls. Text, web etc all fine. Cricket says turn on hd voice. It is on.. Do I need a new sim? Or make a setting change ?
Did you purchase the device from AT&T or from Microsoft? If it was an unlocked phone purchased from Microsoft, not branded to AT&T, then you'll need to get a modern phone that is on their whitelist. https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ces-Working-on-ATT-Network.pdf&token=baEZ0PAk

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
Did you purchase the device from AT&T or from Microsoft? If it was an unlocked phone purchased from Microsoft, not branded to AT&T, then you'll need to get a modern phone that is on their whitelist. https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ces-Working-on-ATT-Network.pdf&token=BjFe-7gW

Thank you. My phone is an ATT phone that has been unlocked to work on Cricket (who is owned by ATT but sep. company) HD voice is on although IMS status is "Unregistered" I believe that is reason for problem. ATT has this Lumia 950 on white list.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. My phone is an ATT phone that has been unlocked to work on Cricket (who is owned by ATT but sep. company) HD voice is on although IMS status is "Unregistered" I believe that is reason for problem. ATT has this Lumia 950 on white list.
That's strange, since it should work just fine. Have you contacted Cricket to have them reprovision?

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
That's strange, since it should work just fine. Have you contacted Cricket to have them reprovision?
I have contacted Cricket, they act confused. I have two Lumia 950's and both are doing the same. So you are saying that IMS "Unregistered " doesn't matter? On my daughter iPhone SE IMS shows registered. I will try calling them again.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
Provisioning should fix that problem with IMS.

I put sim back in Lumia 950 Tuesday night 3-15-22. Wednesday morning tried making call, immediately call dropped. Data and text worked fine. I call Cricket support again. Verified on cricket Account of phone change to Lumia. After few minuites on phone, Nice lady said your phone is bring your own device and not compatible with cricket network. I again let her know that Lumia 950 is an att phone unlocked and on att whitelist. She again said not compatible. I thanked her for her time and hung up. I guess I am stuck with iPhone they sent me or switch to att.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I put sim back in Lumia 950 Tuesday night 3-15-22. Wednesday morning tried making call, immediately call dropped. Data and text worked fine. I call Cricket support again. Verified on cricket Account of phone change to Lumia. After few minuites on phone, Nice lady said your phone is bring your own device and not compatible with cricket network. I again let her know that Lumia 950 is an att phone unlocked and on att whitelist. She again said not compatible. I thanked her for her time and hung up. I guess I am stuck with iPhone they sent me or switch to att.
I'm sorry it doesn't work. I guess it's different with a MVNO. I've used unlocked devices and have one now (Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra), but I've never used a MVNO, just AT&T and Verizon.

Old_Mil

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Do a little digging around on XDA to see if there's a hack that will make it work on AT&T and its MVNOs.

ATT has been very aggressive about blacklisting phones that are technically compatible with their network but they want to kick off it.

My impression is that they are using the 2G/3G drawdown as an excuse to end BYOD on their networks given the financial incentive to do so both from a device sales perspective and enhanced monitoring of the usage of their customers so they can sell that data when they use phones with AT&T bloatware.

I would recommend switching to T-mobile or its MVNOs if you want to use a GSM phone; Verizon otherwise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros