Caught in a loop with ms account name

Nick Minnion

Sep 26, 2017
Visit site
When I first got my lumia 650 a few months ago and set up which account i wanted to use i failed to notice that some kind of predictive text feature had changed the email address I entered (let's call it: myname@mydomain.com) to myname@mydomain.coming !! I ignored this and went on to enter a corrected account name.

The problem is that certain apps (notably onedrive) seem to have latched on to this non-existent account name: myname@mydomain.coming as an unchangeable default.

When I try to share photos to onedrive it asks for the password for myname@mydomain.coming which doesn't exist.

When I tried to delete myname@mydomain.coming it asks me to log in to this account first. Which I can't do because it doesn't exist.

MS help can't help me and said it was a 'Lumia' problem. Trouble is I am in the UK and can't find a helpline to ring for Lumia products.

This issue (amongst several others) is driving me nuts and has caused me to hate microsoft so much that I have decided I will never ever buy one of their products again ever. I have been a microsoft user since the mid 90s so this is a big deal for me.

Can anyone suggest a way to fix this other than a factory reset?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786