Hello I have a lumia 650 and since the last month I got a weird problem. I have 4G network enabled and I was able so far to use it.
    Last month something changed and I can no longer go above H+ connection with my 650.
    I tried soft reset and restarts nothing changed, I enabled 2G, 3G and then 4G again but still H+ is the best I get.

Any idea? I don't think it is a problem from the carrier, my gf have the same carrier and she still get 4G like no problem on her phone.

Another thing is that I noticed that lately the home button no longer instantly respond to get me at home screen, anybody else is experiencing the same? This was the big deal I loved about this phone compared to my android one, the insta-kill of the open app to get you at the home screen.

Thanks
    Vincent Ryan likes this.
    12-15-2017 06:02 AM
    Try a new sim card. If that doesn't work, with the new sim card still in the phone, try a total reset. If that doesn't work, it's likely the handset and time to move on.
    02-20-2018 12:03 PM
    Oh and make sure you check all your APN settings are correct.
    02-20-2018 12:07 PM
    Oh and make sure you check all your APN settings are correct.
    Hello thanks for the answer, it was a carrier problem after all, I changed from prepaid to a monthly plan and for some reason I had to call them to enable 4G...

Also my poor 650 is dead now :( I wish MS had new lumias out to replace it.
    02-21-2018 01:46 AM
    I know this old but what did you replace the 650 with ? I'm going back to a 650 to try out again in 2019. Was a good phone when I owned one.
    07-09-2019 01:42 PM
    I know this old but what did you replace the 650 with ? I'm going back to a 650 to try out again in 2019. Was a good phone when I owned one.
    I don't think it is going to cut it in 2019 also most of the apps are dead now that support from MS is ending.

I replaced it with a Xiaomi Redmi 6 and use the launcher 10 to replicate the experience of metro UI.

It is better for sure but it is not the fluent, lag free experience of windows mobile.
    07-10-2019 01:46 AM
    I'm currently using a Pixel 3a with Microsoft launcher installed. It's not bad. I've tried some of the other launchers like 10 but it wasn't a great experience.

So I guess the Lumia 650 was a bad idea then? I don't use my phone for work or business so I should be able to get by.

I really missed that screen on the 650 and how fluid a SD 212 processor is on windows compared to Android.

Is mytube still functional do you know ?
    07-12-2019 10:40 PM
    I'm currently using a Pixel 3a with Microsoft launcher installed. It's not bad. I've tried some of the other launchers like 10 but it wasn't a great experience.

So I guess the Lumia 650 was a bad idea then? I don't use my phone for work or business so I should be able to get by.

I really missed that screen on the 650 and how fluid a SD 212 processor is on windows compared to Android.

Is mytube still functional do you know ?
    Mytube still works and is frequently updated with new improvements. Got a new update yesterday.
    07-13-2019 04:15 AM
    Thanks. Good to know. Google and their barrage of advertising is annoying to say the least.
    07-13-2019 12:18 PM
    I just got my 650 today and I am having problems connecting to 4G also on T-Mobile.
    I have been with them since 2000 and bought the 650 when it originally came out in 2016, it worked fine then.

Now a couple of years later and this thing is not even a good feature phone.

T-Mobile said something about my APN setting but why should I have to fool with something I never had to before ?

I'm not going to quit until I get this thing working again like it is supposed to.
    07-15-2019 01:13 PM
    Your provider usually sent the settings automatically to your device through cellular or a SMS that configure it.
    In my case Vodafone need to be contacted to enable 4G on their side for some reason, my APN was correct as I checked it back then.

T-mobile need to provide this configuration or tell you how to add it manually.
    07-16-2019 02:00 AM
    I found out it was TMobile. They upgraded their service a year or so ago and that made some older models not compatible anymore.

After 19 years with them I had had enough and moved over to at&t this past Monday. Now both my new Nokia 3310 and the Lumia 650 work great.
    07-17-2019 05:09 PM
    lol that sounded like a downgrade not upgrade, wtf they did? Aren't older people with feature phones there that use tmobile?
    07-18-2019 01:48 AM
    I think there was only 1 flip phone on display at TMobile. I believe it was an Alcatel.

I have several phones that I juggle around with. I sometimes like to use my Nokia 3310 for the battery longevity and the nostalgic factor it has when I had the original.

Just got my pixel unlocked from T-Mobile today and it works great on AT&T.

Sometimes I wonder if they just want people using newer devices on their Network.

Here in the states the major duopoly is Samsung and Apple. Though T-Mobile does offer the one +7 and pro version I am just not interested in either.

Very fast phones but my Pixel 3a serves me well and I'm content with it.
    07-18-2019 01:50 PM