950XL features leaked

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: 940XL features leaked

I have to say that I find myself a bit surprised at all the negative reaction to the specs.

Folks, the only way Windows Phone is going to survive and eventually thrive is if we stand behind it and support it. If we remain committed fans. If we continue to root for the underdog and not be led away by another device with better specs (especially when, overwhelmingly, most of you don't really even need the improvement). It's okay to constructively point out flaws and shortcomings, and make suggestions. But this "It's just not good enough for my inflated ego" attitude that has become so prevalent is off-putting. That's the kind of attitude I'd expect from hipster iSheep, not people that are open-minded and technically savvy enough to explore other options.

Um.
We're discussing consumer products, from Multi Billion Dollar corporations, that strive to get our hard earned money and attention.
The hell I won't be comparing Lumia devices with others.
This isn't a religion or a political idealogy; we don't know owe Microsoft anything other than the MSRP on the side of the box.

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site

Until I see the real thing, I'm taking all these rumors a pinch of salt. I'm more concern about if apps availability is going to pick up its speed after W10 for phone is released. Don't need powerful hardware where there is nothing to install on the phone.

Ding ding ding.

All the hardware in the world, inside a Lumia, won't do much good, if Microsoft can't deliver a functional music player, or you're unable to post a photo for your social network to Instagram or stream an event to Periscope, or able to participate in a multi person chat, or video conference on the phone without Skype crashing.

Gregory Newman

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site

If Verizon sells this smart phone i will upgrade from my Nokia Lumia 928 that I now OWN after finishing a 2 year contract. but then again why go through that again since the Nokia Lumia 928 can be upgraded to Windows 10 and seem like a brand new smart phone. HMM that is something to ponder about.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I agree, also removable batteries take away from the design being premium. The gaping tab at the bottom of the 830 ( and the fact that the back apparently flies off when dropped) just detracts from the design and screams "HEY IM A CHEAP BUDGET PHONE!!", while the front/sides of the device is busy screaming "HEY IM NOT CHEAP, LOOK AT MY METAL & MY BEAUTIFUL FRONT GLASS!!"

I wont care if its removable or not as long as it last 1?days on regular use and 12hrs on heavy usage. Neither is it a big deal if it pops off or not. It should be solidly built to escapes unscathed after being dropped.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Omg that all sounds tech crazy!! I would of loved if it was made by Nokia as they are indestructible. But yes I'm loving the spec sheet so far!!

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

Metallic unibody frame would mean no removable battery

I happened to criticize non removable battery, but now I realized, that a uni-body device with non removable battery is the most stable design of all. How many times do we change the battery, unless the battery is damaged, where company will replace it under warranty. Nokia 7610 was my first smartphone, Lumia 900 was my first Windows phone, later followed by Lumia 920 and now 930, there isn't a single occasion, where I have to change the battery

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

I?m pretty sure i will not stream my Pictures, Videos and Songs which cover 90% of my storage. Micro SD it is then. I just hope the Card-Storage integrates well in Windows 10 Mobile.

Hell no!!, its a high end premium flagship device, which need premium material, not some cheap rubber or plastic

nubbikins

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site

Warning: Dissertation incoming.....

If these leaks are true, it has some pretty good specs and Continuum/Windows Hello/USB-C are awesome. In my opinion, I still wouldn't count this as a flagship. In order to be one, it will have to have premium branding and set itself apart from the Lumia line which sadly enough has a reputation (at least in the US) of just being another cheap phone. Sad but true. The only way they will break that cycle is to create a Surface Phone or something along those lines, just as Apple did with iPhone and Samsung did with the Galaxy/Note lines.

They need to break out of this numbering scheme as well. Average consumers don't understand it, just as if you were to tell them it's "an Octa-core 810 processor with clock speeds of up to 2.6 GHz". They will simply look at you with a WTF look on their face.

I may be wrong one day, but for now, I just don't see these features being enough to really get consumers to switch from what they already have. I can only say this for the US market though. Here, people are always looking for the next greatest thing and it has to have a premium look and feel to it. Most people don't even know what the specs mean, but they look at the style of it and think "This must be the best phone ever!".

When people see my 1520, they say that it is a cool phone but they also always tell me "There is just nothing exciting enough about Windows Phone to make me switch." and "Isn't it lacking a bunch of apps?" Hopefully Windows 10, Continuum and Windows Hello will be able to start turning this around.

In order to get people to switch, they really need to come out with something ground-breaking, not "just another windows phone." Plus, unless developers start picking up with Windows 10, then we will still be stuck in the whole chicken and the egg loop.

Tempest790

Oct 3, 2004
Visit site

Are they married to the 32GB limit?

"No one will ever need more than 32GB on a phone. Ever!"

Apple sells 128gb versions of the iPhone. I don't want the XL but the regular 940. If it doesn't have an SD option, forget it. Maybe 2016. Or 2017.

The new Lumia 990+ XL with 32GB of storage in the year 2021. :-/

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

I know a few iPhone people that have problems managing the 128 GB storage. Mostly from selfies though, lol.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

Slim design with Metallic unibody frame ( Mo matter what Lumia Build Quality is good !!! )
5.7 inch, 2560 x 1440 resolution display ( This just became the Phone I need, over a 640 XL or 1320 )
Octa-Core Snapdragon 810 with Adreno 430 GPU ( This would make me happy to Upgrade from Lumia 1020, as it's time to retire the 1020)
3 GB RAM Very Happy !!)
32 GB internal storage ( More then enough space, would be super awesome with MiniSD card)
MicroSD card slot(GSM arena- no sd card) ( hope there is a spot for MiniSD card !!!!)
5 MP FFC ( Good but not really important to me)
20 MP PureView camera ( More then enough Camera)
Short Pulse variable-tone LED Flash
Continuum for Phones support ( Yes !!!!! Awesome)
Iris Scanner ( Not important, just added bonus)
Native Pen support ( Yes !! Yes !! Yes!! I want to buy it now......Someone at Microsoft Please take my Money NOW!!!!!!! )
USB Type-C & Dual-Role support ( This is a nice Upgrade !!!!!)

Now just need 2 things to happen for me to jump as quick as I can onto this.......A Microsoft Smart Watch, and a listing of what radio frequency's , with luck I can use it on WIND !!!!

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

Slim design with Metallic unibody frame ( Mo matter what Lumia Build Quality is good !!! )
5.7 inch, 2560 x 1440 resolution display ( This just became the Phone I need, over a 640 XL or 1320 )
Octa-Core Snapdragon 810 with Adreno 430 GPU ( This would make me happy to Upgrade from Lumia 1020, as it's time to retire the 1020)
3 GB RAM Very Happy !!)
32 GB internal storage ( More then enough space, would be super awesome with MiniSD card)
MicroSD card slot(GSM arena- no sd card) ( hope there is a spot for MiniSD card !!!!)
5 MP FFC ( Good but not really important to me)
20 MP PureView camera ( More then enough Camera)
Short Pulse variable-tone LED Flash
Continuum for Phones support ( Yes !!!!! Awesome)
Iris Scanner ( Not important, just added bonus)
Native Pen support ( Yes !! Yes !! Yes!! I want to buy it now......Someone at Microsoft Please take my Money NOW!!!!!!! )
USB Type-C & Dual-Role support ( This is a nice Upgrade !!!!!)

Now just need 2 things to happen for me to jump as quick as I can onto this.......A Microsoft Smart Watch, and a listing of what radio frequency's , with luck I can use it on WIND !!!!

You literally just listed the exact same specs/features that are already rumored to come lol

Mr.KLeen

May 23, 2011
Visit site

More rumors from pocket-lint

"Microsoft's executive vice president Stephen Elop announced a new Lumia would be arriving this year and since then, renders have been doing the rounds. The latest renders are of the rumoured Lumia 940, also known as Talkman, and the Lumia 940 XL, also known as Cityman.

The handsets have not been officially announced yet, but rumours suggest the Lumia 940 will come with a 5.2-inch Super AMOLED screen with a 1920 x 1080 resolution, while the Microsoft Lumia 940 XL is expected to feature a larger 5.7-inch screen with higher 2560 x 1440 resolution.

ADVERTISEMENT

There should be a 32GB model of the Lumia 940 with 64-bit hexa-core Snapdragon 808 processor or 64GB and 128GB versions with 64-bit octa-core Snapdragon 815 processors and both will have 3GB of RAM and Intel RealSense. The rear camera is tipped be a 25-megapixel PureView with Zeiss lens, triple-tone LED, 4K video and OIS while the front-facing camera should be 5-megapixels, while the battery is expected to be 3250mAh.

The Lumia 940 XL is expected to have the same specs as the 940 but with 4GB of RAM and a larger 3950mAh battery, along with digital pen support. Both handsets are expected to launch as the flagship phones when Windows 10 is released.

Rowland Jonathan1

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site

More rumors from pocket-lint

"Microsoft's executive vice president Stephen Elop announced a new Lumia would be arriving this year and since then, renders have been doing the rounds. The latest renders are of the rumoured Lumia 940, also known as Talkman, and the Lumia 940 XL, also known as Cityman.

The handsets have not been officially announced yet, but rumours suggest the Lumia 940 will come with a 5.2-inch Super AMOLED screen with a 1920 x 1080 resolution, while the Microsoft Lumia 940 XL is expected to feature a larger 5.7-inch screen with higher 2560 x 1440 resolution.

ADVERTISEMENT

There should be a 32GB model of the Lumia 940 with 64-bit hexa-core Snapdragon 808 processor or 64GB and 128GB versions with 64-bit octa-core Snapdragon 815 processors and both will have 3GB of RAM and Intel RealSense. The rear camera is tipped be a 25-megapixel PureView with Zeiss lens, triple-tone LED, 4K video and OIS while the front-facing camera should be 5-megapixels, while the battery is expected to be 3250mAh.

The Lumia 940 XL is expected to have the same specs as the 940 but with 4GB of RAM and a larger 3950mAh battery, along with digital pen support. Both handsets are expected to launch as the flagship phones when Windows 10 is released.

How I wish this would be true!!!

OMG55

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

Those are nice specs, but I've heard the body of the unit isn't metallic, if anything, it just the trim that's metallic, although I hope it's as you've listed. Don't say anything, but I'm supposed to get a sneak peak at the prototype : )

OMG55

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

I can confirm that from a very reliable source whose put his hands on it, which I'm supposed to get to see real soon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786