950XL features leaked

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: 940XL features leaked

Pen support is exactly what I want, but I hope it has the pen inside the device like the Note series. Or maybe a nice thin incipio type case with a pen built into that? I just don't think I'd carry a loose pen in my pocket...

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site

Ding ding ding.

All the hardware in the world, inside a Lumia, won't do much good, if Microsoft can't deliver a functional music player, or you're unable to post a photo for your social network to Instagram or stream an event to Periscope, or able to participate in a multi person chat, or video conference on the phone without Skype crashing.

I do agree very much with the music player part. Till date, we still can't listen to music by folders! How I wish I can do that just like on Android. Creating playlists on the phone is such a chore man!

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Waiting forthe 940. 5inch screen is perfect for me. No smaller no larger which is why I have a 930 and 830.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

It already exists, it is called the Microsoft Band.

No a Microsoft Smart Watch does not yet exist. The Band is a Fitness Wearable with clock function. For all it can do, it can not do the most important feature of a Smart Watch......A Watch Face.

This is what a Smart Watch looks like........The Halo Smart Watch
halo-smartwatch-600x399.jpg

enough2000

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

I'll buy anything if it comes with Windows Continuum :)
I also think Microsoft should really cooperate with Mediatek to reach even lower price points with their entry level phones.

enough2000

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

Remember Microsoft Spot Smartwatches?
Check out youtube.com/watch?v=ZlMDw6C7-qo

No a Microsoft Smart Watch does not yet exist. The Band is a Fitness Wearable with clock function. For all it can do, it can not do the most important feature of a Smart Watch......A Watch Face.

This is what a Smart Watch looks like........The Halo Smart Watch
View attachment 105800

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

The phones over in UK are quite cheap. The 4 and 5 series are almost disposable pricing. I say, let other companies hit the real low price stuff. Leave anything under ?50 to the other makers. They need to leave some room, as MS phones are likely to dominate the mid and higher tiers. Gotta keep other companies on side.

TuanLVT

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site

so i guess the Lumia 940 has same specs like Lumia 940XL but the screen size is smaller and battery is smaller aswell... i prefer normal sized phone

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

Remember Microsoft Spot Smartwatches?
Check out youtube.com/watch?v=ZlMDw6C7-qo

I remember the Spot Watch and the Timex Data Link ( Powered by Microsoft), would accept information from a PC as the screen flashed, through an eye on the Watch.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Why Lumias don't have (Super) Amoled display?

The rumor at the top says the smaller one does. While there are pros and cons AMOLED makes for an inferior display panel. Super AMOLED would allow for a thinner phone but these things are getting so thin people keep bending their phones as it is. So I hope the XL doesn't have AMOLED. With the XL being higher end it shouldn't.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

The rumor at the top says the smaller one does. While there are pros and cons AMOLED makes for an inferior display panel. Super AMOLED would allow for a thinner phone but these things are getting so thin people keep bending their phones as it is. So I hope the XL doesn't have AMOLED. With the XL being higher end it shouldn't.

I also hope they don't repeat the 1520's vulnerability from its thinnness, where it bends easily causing ghost taps

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Also AMOLED has several flaws while LCD only has two
-less impressive blacks
-less vibrant colors (sometimes washed out)

But both of these can be fixed with just some tweaks, meanwhile AMOLED has the real flaws, like the possibility of screen burn, ghosting, more power hungry, not as good in daylight, less accurate colors, and is it just me or do AMOLED displays strain my eyes a little?

AMOLED displays have the serious issues, while LCD display issues are mere cosmetic problems..

I'm all for an IPS LCD screen, or maybe even an amazing new screen tech altogether

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Also AMOLED has several flaws while LCD only has two
-less impressive blacks
-less vibrant colors (sometimes washed out)

But both of these can be fixed with just some tweaks, meanwhile AMOLED has the real flaws, like the possibility of screen burn, ghosting, more power hungry, not as good in daylight, less accurate colors, and is it just me or do AMOLED displays strain my eyes a little?

AMOLED displays have the serious issues, while LCD display issues are mere cosmetic problems..

I'm all for an IPS LCD screen, or maybe even an amazing new screen tech altogether

I really liked WP8 and AMOLED. Was easier on my eyes, and the stark contrast between the black backgrounds and tiles had a very impressive illusion.
Like you I definitely would opt for LCD on W10Mo. Microsoft has replaced many of the empty black backgrounds with gray ones, dramatically increasing power consumption and introducing more "grainy" areas on the screen.

IPS is tack sharp at high PPI and is better at color accuracy, which to me is very important when apps are filled with more graphical elements (which seems to be the trend).

Not to mention the fact that a good AMOLED is harder to source... Just look at nexus 6 "pink screen"

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I also hope they don't repeat the 1520's vulnerability from its thinnness, where it bends easily causing ghost taps
Yeah, would rather prefer a thicker build with a non optical bonded display. Lumia 1520 can get screen damage quite easily compared to a 920/930.

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site

Its not better than the old way, its slower and less efficient. Think about the environment, just for some convenience.

My house is awash in wireless chargers, and I have one in my car mount. I got them all for sale for pretty cheap. What looks better a plate or a cord hanging off a wall? When it's time to charge up you don't have to play hunt for the cord, orient the plug, then plug in. Is it necessary? No. But we do a lot of things that aren't necessary, but are still convenient and better than the "old way". When Ikea releases its furniture with built in QI you can bet I'll be buying several pieces.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)