950XL features leaked

rickylago2

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: 940XL features leaked

My house is awash in wireless chargers, and I have one in my car mount. I got them all for sale for pretty cheap. What looks better a plate or a cord hanging off a wall? When it's time to charge up you don't have to play hunt for the cord, orient the plug, then plug in. Is it necessary? No. But we do a lot of things that aren't necessary, but are still convenient and better than the "old way". When Ikea releases its furniture with built in QI you can bet I'll be buying several pieces.

Not to say I don't like wireless charging, as I use it primarily to charge up as well, but there is still the "hunting for the right spot" action. It's not as simple as plopping your phone on top of the block. Mine needs to be in the right position and if I knock my nightstand the wrong way, my phone isn't fully charged in the morning.

Last edited:

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

I'm hoping for LCD IPS display. I think my 920 has a superb display. Is the AMOLED in the rumours for the 5.2 inch device?

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site

I just waiting for Lumia 1020 successor...

I'm afraid there will be no more successor for 1020. MS is not going to spend efforts revamping the camera department like what Nokia did. MS has already lots on their plate with Windows 10 upcoming changes. The 41MP monster will be in loving memory.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

I hope they put the same effort as with the surface pro 3, I mean like working with intel directly to develop a cpu that's superior to the standard(in this case that hottie sd810) and they include interesting NEW things like iris scanner and 3d touch, and for gods sake a xenon flash pls, at least in the XL version

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

I wonder how much its going to cost?? Oh id love that to be my upgrade phone. I'm currently on Nokia Lumia 520

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

A few pics to wet the appetite!!

Attachments

• C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_Microsoft-Lumia-940-XL-design.jpg
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_Microsoft-Lumia-940-XL-design.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 50
  • wp_ss_20150605_0006.png
    wp_ss_20150605_0006.png
    352.7 KB · Views: 20

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

A few pics to wet the appetite!!
Lol. Super amoled and LCD at the same time xD.

Specs are highly unlikely but the pictures are neat. But I must admit, I really liked the build on both the 1520 and 930, even though they had very different design languages.

My note 4 is disappointing on every front except maybe screen quality... Especially for the price. I'll pick up this phone as long as it doesn't cost more than my note 4 unlocked (given it keeps the specs on the first page).

Sent from my Note 4 using Tapatalk

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

I hope they put the same effort as with the surface pro 3, I mean like working with intel directly to develop a cpu that's superior to the standard(in this case that hottie sd810) and they include interesting NEW things like iris scanner and 3d touch, and for gods sake a xenon flash pls, at least in the XL version

I don't think MS will do that any time soon. I suspect that the new design will be very "Nokia Lumia", I am not expecting much of a deviation from that style. The Surface line is a different beast.

I can't see them bothering to go for any bespoke processors either. I'd love them to go for the 815 and 820 though.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

No way the back of the phone can be so flat without a camera hump for PureView. Anyways, all mocks up usually looking much better than the real thing.

Sure look at the Apple iPhone 6. Its got tonnes of stuff in it and its,wafer thin. Its the look of phones in the future. I'm loving it though. Cannot wait for it!!

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

Sure look at the Apple iPhone 6. Its got tonnes of stuff in it and its,wafer thin. Its the look of phones in the future. I'm loving it though. Cannot wait for it!!
It is super thin but it sucks.. the build quality is bad, weight distribution is not equal, super slippery,small battery..

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Just been reading some more articles regarding both 940 devices, and was struck by the fact that they suggest the smaller device will not feature Continuum. Doesn't bode quite so well for the 5.2inch device, which is starting to sound less like a flagship the more I read. I don't think I could stomach the leap to 5.7inch screen.

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

Just been reading some more articles regarding both 940 devices, and was struck by the fact that they suggest the smaller device will not feature Continuum. Doesn't bode quite so well for the 5.2inch device, which is starting to sound less like a flagship the more I read. I don't think I could stomach the leap to 5.7inch screen.
Oh me yes. I am dying for a 5.7 inch device from Microsoft. I can't go any smaller than that. The 1520 was awesome, but I couldn't sit down without taking the phone out of my pocket. Meanwhile my note 4 fits perfectly. Only a small difference in screen size. I hope they also watch the bezels. The 6+ from apple is larger than the note 4, yet has a smaller screen. The only dimension in which it is better is thinness but in all honesty, that doesn't mean anything to me... I prefer a chunky phone with good battery life than a thin phone with less battery life, and not to mention that you can bend it with ease...

Sent from my Note 4 using Tapatalk

gizzzmo

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

I'm afraid there will be no more successor for 1020. MS is not going to spend efforts revamping the camera department like what Nokia did. MS has already lots on their plate with Windows 10 upcoming changes. The 41MP monster will be in loving memory.

Don't you just love when people make bold statements like that, as if they were Satya Nadella himself? Hilarious.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Xiaomi Mi5 said to launch in November with Snapdragon 820. Noticed that appears on the web.... I sincerely hope that MS waits for that processor. Rocking the 815 and 820 snapdragon hardware would certainly help to instill the concept of flagship devices. Be nice to see other hardware vendors following MS, rather than us having the older processors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa