Where are the 950/950xl leaked images?

Mike Santagata

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Every time a new smart phone, or any device nears announcement, leaks begin to surface more and more frequently. Including rumored specs, and images. However, notice everyone's been quiet so far about the 940/xl. Has anyone seen any credible purported images of said devices?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Where are the 940/940xl leaked images?

Microsoft has gotten very good with keeping hardware secret (Band, Surface 3/Pro 3), so I wouldn't be surprised if they're also making sure no one can leak these devices either.

Plus, while none of us has seen it, apparently Daniel Rubino has seen a lot of them.

Mike Santagata

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Yeah I guess that's true. Im certainly not doubting its existence, I know Daniel has confirmed them. I just would like to know more. It sounded like Daniel said they were rounded like the 640. I just hope they dont look as ugly ad the 640. It would he nice if they were metal unibody, but Daniel said they're polycarbonate.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

I thought they were going to be polycarbonate with a metal chassis like the 830

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Apple used to be pretty watertight too so leaks aren't necessarily GOING to happen.

but yea, those photos are probably in the same dungeon as would-be leakers I would guess. Gooantanamo Bay.

Mike Santagata

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

I would like to see a metal chassis. Like my Lumia 925 was. But after using this m8 for windows, I like the all metal.

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site

It doesn't make sense for a modern dat flagship not to have a 8mo front camera. Even midend devices have high quality front shooter. 5mp is nothing. And knowing current Lumia front shooters like the icon really suck, so it would be great if for once Microsoft would actually release a device with all high-end specs instead of just some. I hope the final announcement proves us wrong and they have a higher quality front camera, as well as possibly 4gigs of ram if for no other reason then to be comparable to the competition. Consumers care about numbers, even if those numbers like 3 vs. 4 gigs of ram on a windows phone aren't important.

to_be_announced

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site

@maevinj

See this on your link:
will launch sometime in October or November with a metal design

I've read so much on these new phones and about half say the phone will be poly and the other half say they'll be metal. Honestly think no one outside of Microsoft has any idea what they'll be like. I sure hope they don't look like the pic in your link. Those top and bottom bezel's are horribly big.

Beijendorf

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

It doesn't make sense for a modern dat flagship not to have a 8mo front camera. Even midend devices have high quality front shooter. 5mp is nothing. [...] I hope the final announcement proves us wrong and they have a higher quality front camera [...]

The quality of a camera is not just how many pixels it captures. The sensor size, sensor type, subpixel size and lenses are a lot more important, as well as the processing software behind it all. For a front camera with no ability to incorporate a decent flash, you want fewer but larger pixels, to capture light better (think HTC 'Ultrapixel'). With 'selfie' cameras, the subject is rarely more than 50 cm away, so having 15-20 megapixels to capture detail becomes pointless.

Let's wait for more information on the cameras before we label them as not being high quality, or we risk looking like dumb consumers stuck in the pixel race.

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site

The quality of a camera is not just how many pixels it captures. The sensor size, sensor type, subpixel size and lenses are a lot more important, as well as the processing software behind it all. For a front camera with no ability to incorporate a decent flash, you want fewer but larger pixels, to capture light better (think HTC 'Ultrapixel'). With 'selfie' cameras, the subject is rarely more than 50 cm away, so having 15-20 megapixels to capture detail becomes pointless.

Let's wait for more information on the cameras before we label them as not being high quality, or we risk looking like dumb consumers stuck in the pixel race.

We know this, and as a photographer/graphics designer for a living, I definitely know this lol. That's why the back camera I so important to me. But Microsoft has never gotten the front facing camera right on a highend or flagship device before. Front facing camera are what sell. No one is asking for a 15mp+ camera were asking for a great sensor and a 8mp shooter. That isn't a ridiculous request. That seems pretty basic in today's world. If they want to reach young people (which are the people who really get the phones popular), then they need quality selfie cameras.

kklemn

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
WOW! looking at those renders... screen bezels on the sides are very thin! and the bottom part and the top part are very short... comparing to the L930, is it possible that it will be roughly the same size (screen difference is only .7 inch)?

If that is the case i'm sooo buying that!!!

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

I agree that if its a quality 5mp camera, its fine. I have seen fairly large prints from a Minolta 5d which is a 5mp SLR camera that would put photos from any canon rebel to shame which even the lower model XT is 8mp. We took photos using the t3i which is something like 16mp and the photos from the lowly 5d were way better. SPEC'S are NOT everything. I keep preaching this, because it's true. User experience and the end product is.

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site

I agree that if its a quality 5mp camera, its fine. I have seen fairly large prints from a Minolta 5d which is a 5mp SLR camera that would put photos from any canon rebel to shame which even the lower model XT is 8mp. We took photos using the t3i which is something like 16mp and the photos from the lowly 5d were way better. SPEC'S are NOT everything. I keep preaching this, because it's true. User experience and the end product is.

That is the whole point though, specs mean everything I'd the user experience is boosted by better specs. Since Microsoft has never done a good job with front facing cameras, better specs will immediately help the camera.

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site

Also I have a t5i, the camera takes fantastic photos. The sensor is incredible. Everything matters from user to software to hardware. I can take photos that put 2500$ dslr's to shame why? Because i know how to. But that is completely different for basic smartphone selfie cameras, you need quality specs for it to work well, from sensor to software.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99