Rumored no 950XL on AT&T!

tedj101

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Yes, have to wait and see if the US Microsoft stores sell one with AT&T bands but its a safe bet there will be a model with all bands even if MS doesn't sell it in their store (to avoid offending some carrier). Personally, I think MS is smarter these days and combined with wanting fewer models and variations, I suspect all 950XLs will have all bands.

I just checked on the MS site since I am really really interested in the 950XL. (Yeah, I would have pre-ordered it if they would have let me!) I checked the LTE bands on the ones sold by MS at their store and they included the following: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 20, 28, TD LTE 38, 40, 41 (partial). That covers all bands used by AT&T and T-Mobile as well as all bands used by major carriers in Europe (including Eastern Europe) and the Middle East. This is a huge issue for me and MS passed it with flying colors...

<TED>

tedj101

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
They just corrected the article to say its NOT an exclusive. And WC posted info from MS that says its available unlocked at Microsoft stores. Microsoft Lumia 950 XL | Windows Central

That's not entirely true. I went to the MS site and, while they have full specs and pricing, they won't take pre-orders yet. (If they would have let me, I would have pre-ordered one.) I signed up for an e-mail notification when they are taking pre-orders.

anon(631531)

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I was in my local MSFT store about two weeks ago. The mgr told me that they would be selling both models of the Lumia 950, and if my carrier was a GSM carrier, I could use the phone as soon as I bought it.:winktongue:

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I was in my local MSFT store about two weeks ago. The mgr told me that they would be selling both models of the Lumia 950, and if my carrier was a GSM carrier, I could use the phone as soon as I bought it.:winktongue:

So two weeks before it was announced local managers were yacking about the phone and making promises? I've never even heard of stores confirming phones exist before they are officially announced let alone making promises regarding them.

anon(631531)

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
So two weeks before it was announced local managers were yacking about the phone and making promises? I've never even heard of stores confirming phones exist before they are officially announced let alone making promises regarding them.

Well, this guy knew all about the phone, and even told me to hold off on buying the 640, because the 950 was on the way. Maybe it's different here in SW Fla.:winktongue:

P.S. I don't make up stories.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site

considering most specs were leaked beforehand, it's easy to yack away :)

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

Yep. Of course, he now manages the MS store in Siberia.

Marcin Dabrowsky

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm paying 100 a month for 2 phones on T-Mobile. Unlimited everything lte no cap no throttling. No longer available but a great deal for those that get good signal.

Also they let you get phones from them with 0% financing and ability to pay off when u want.

Tmo is the most European like model in the US.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

pjm1891

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if they choose to not carry the 950XL because of the included Qi wireless charing, instead of having it stripped from the phone like the 1520. Apparently the Galaxy S6 has both Qi and PMA.
I read somewhere can't remeber where that the 950 will have both PMA and Qi and the XL Qi only.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss