Do we know any specs for the pen for the 950XL? Will it be the same as the Surface pro 3 pen? I only want to carry one pen for both devices
    07-27-2015 03:51 AM
    According to what windows central and Daniel Rubino have been posting, it will use the same pen. I wouldn't be surprised if they adjusted sizing a bit but they should be interchangeable from what I've read.
    Enjoy carrying just one pen :)
    Paul Foulkes likes this.
    07-27-2015 04:14 AM
    That's what I hope happens too. One pen, use my surface and phone all in one. Damn, I am glad they announced this phone before I bought the android phone I was looking at.
    Joshwin likes this.
    07-27-2015 05:25 AM
    Edit I was mostly wrong. Bluetooth is only for the top button to work, the Surface pen works without Bluetooth just for writing.

Original Post
    I wondered about this because the pen with the SP3/S3 is Bluetooth I think? And Bluetooth devices normally only pair with 1 other device at a time.

If that is true then I think it will be a hardware limitation and there won't be anything MS can do but I hope I'm wrong because I really want a single pen as well.
    07-28-2015 01:22 AM
    Edit I was mostly wrong. Bluetooth is only for the top button to work, the Surface pen works without Bluetooth just for writing.
    Is the SP3 pen battery just for the buttons? I don't see them shrinking the current battery filled pen much to make it fit with a phone...
    08-17-2015 11:10 AM
    Is the SP3 pen battery just for the buttons? I don't see them shrinking the current battery filled pen much to make it fit with a phone...
    Not just. The N-Trig digitizer used in SP3 needs a battery powered pen also for the basic functions. So, no chance of a pen silo in the phone, but if the phone has buttons only on one side, a folio case with a pen holder on the other side would work nicely.
    08-17-2015 02:46 PM
    It definitely needs a pen holding solution that isn't a "use this cheap 3M sticky pad with an ugly elastic loop." I'd be ok if it can be stored inside a case that also allows you to see the front of the screen (mesh, cutout hole...).
    08-17-2015 08:34 PM
    I hope the pen will actually be precise and useful on that screen :) I could draw wonders even on 5.7 inch :)
    08-17-2015 08:45 PM
    Bigger question, Pen for 950? It has a 5.2" screen which of the same size as the original galaxy note. Why not include the pen?!
    08-17-2015 08:56 PM
    Bigger question, Pen for 950? It has a 5.2" screen which of the same size as the original galaxy note. Why not include the pen?!
    When the original note was released it was a HUGE device xD 5 inches is no longer "huge" haha. My partner's Z Ultra 6.44 inch screen is huge xD It still fits in the pocket, too. But good luck sitting down with it xD Anyways, back on point... I think that's why...
    08-18-2015 05:06 AM
    I haven't heard much about the pen support recently, including the recent presentation slide leaks. Anybody heard if this is still going to happen?
    09-27-2015 02:50 PM
    I haven't heard much about the pen support recently, including the recent presentation slide leaks. Anybody heard if this is still going to happen?
    That would be awesome. I hope they don't wait to do it for the Surface Phone

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    09-28-2015 12:49 AM
    If there is pen support then I will be more inclined to buy it.
    09-28-2015 01:27 PM