Will MIcrosoft EVER become their own "wireless carrier" like BOTH Apple and Google are rumored?

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Will MIcrosoft EVER become their own "wireless carrier" like BOTH Apple and Google are rumored?

OK ... we seem to ALL "hate, despise and loath" ALL carriers because of one or hundreds of things!

So, I would humbly submit ... if we "hate the carriers", what about Apple, Google and Microsoft ... especially, Microsoft no matter how they spin it !!!

WHO ... EACH have over $100 BILLION in the bank !!!

Satya Nadella's "Cloud FIRST, MOBILE FIRST" strategy would sure "go down in flames" ... IF, Verizon was NOT on board as the #1 US Carrier !!!

When will they finally say ... "I am mad as hell and I am NOT going to take it anymore" !!!

I think Apple WILL be FIRST ... and both Google and Microsoft will be "obliged" to follow !

I know MANY PEOPLE that would "BUY a 100% Apple solution" !!!

I would BUY a 100% "Microsoft solution" ... including as an MVNO !!!

Bring it ON ...

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Will MIcrosoft EVER become their own "wireless carrier" like BOTH Apple and Google are rumored?

I'm not really sure about this idea. It's not a bad idea but it makes me feel uneasy. If this was to happen, I'll worry about access.
I don't know where you live, but I only have one Microsoft store in my state. The other ones are small kiosks. If I wanted to try out the phone, I would have to make possibly a 2 hour journey just to do it. Also the coverage and pricing is a factor too, but for me, access is the biggest thing. I like being on a carrier where I can bring my unlocked phone and be able to use it on the network.

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Will MIcrosoft EVER become their own "wireless carrier" like BOTH Apple and Google are rumored?

This has nothing to do with you ... when the 4G LTE "FCC spectrum auctions" finished a near eternity ago - for the old 700 Mhz "TV spectrum" that can penetrate building - like a hot knife thru butter - Google "BID the MINIMUM" $7+ BILLION dollars to "forever force" Verizon to "allow" MVNO's ... sorry, I am NOT an expert and will humbly bow to the EXPERTS reading this thread :)

Today, I am a 12+ year Verizon customer and ALWAYS "Windows Phone" back to something like 5? Recently, for business reasons, I have an iPhone 6 Plus ... but, "my daily driver" = Verizon LUMIA ICON = the BEST PHONE I have EVER OWNED !!!

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

Apple is perhaps the most "secretive company in Tech" = the always DENY everything and then ... the next week ... announce something !!!

Apple MVNO coming soon? ? MacDailyNews - Welcome Home

It does NOT take a "rocket scientist" to remember that Steve Jobs has this on his "bucket list" !!!

LONG LIVE ... Steve Jobs as perhaps THE GREATEST "visionaries" ... EVER!!!

And, I am a PC "GUY" !

gljvd

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site

MS like Apple has the money to follow Google's lead.

I would rather all 3 companies just pool together and start pushing for gigabit internet (or even greater speeds) Google fiber is great but not avalible everywhere. MS could roll out their own fiber and expand hot spots and do kind of a Free Wheel set up (like cable vision) while also piggy back ridding on wireless carriers.

Actually if MS really wanted to jump in they could buy Cablevision here in NJ and start there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon