Lumia 950 XL, Nexus 6P, iPhone 6s Plus, Note 5

millercrew5

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 950 XL vs iPhone 6s Plus vs Note 5

I haven't seen an app that I cannot live without! It all comes down to what OS that you prefer. I can't lie I do enjoy android and Google but I want to give windows another try. I hope they do have a lower price on the new phones kinda like the Nexus line. Guess we will see come October🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Char8

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site

If the price is right I will get it. I love my 640XL even though I use it as my second phone.I would like to upgrade to the 950XL, but truth is, if it's priced in the $650+ range I will pass. I'm not saying they should give it away either, but somewhere in the $450 - $550 range would be the sweet spot. Sadly I do not think this will happen, but we'll see.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

They sold me on removable storage and battery. If this is supposed to be a device aimed at sheer media consumption, and productivity, a replaceable battery is a must. Storage shouldn't even be argued over. Until phone makers can shove in 128 gigs at a low price, an SD card should be provided for such a device.

JW888

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

What do you mean no competition?
950 XL has bigger and removable wireless charging battery then both of them. "3300 mAh"

950 XL has more Mega Pixel camera then both of them. "20MP" + "5MP"

950 XL has more RAM than iPhone 6s plus. "3GB"

950 XL has 128GB microSDXC storage support! Both iPhone 6s plus and Note 5 have no support!

950 XL has Windows 10 Mobile vs what? iOS9 or Android 6?

950 XL has category 10 LTE support

The only thing I see the others have over the 950 XL is the Snapdragon 810 v2.1 eats more power than the other two. Besides that the Lumia 950 XL is a flagship smartphone!

Do we have category 6 LTE in US?

Do MS has mobile payment like Android & Apple?

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

I have been playing around with the Note 5 a lot. It's pretty awesome. I want a built in pen, not just the ability to use a pen. How could they not have gotten that done with the XL after not having a flagship phone for 2 years?

mayconvert

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site

no one is going to pay $375 outright for a phone with no apps worth having.
This phone needs to be given away with every xbox or surface purchase. and full retail needs to be $129 (950) and $169(XL) (its a cheap plastic phone, not metal like flagship ios/android phones)
(cheaper than a $199 insurance claim)
The need to put them in gum ball machines at this point, or just show up in every single mailbox in north america like a Tide coupon, if they hope to be a 3rd OS 2 years from now.
Until you get people to USE the phones, the apps will NEVER come. if the apps never come, no one will ever use the phones. (aside from the 1% marketshare they have now)

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

no one is going to pay $375 outright for a phone with no apps worth having.
This phone needs to be given away with every xbox or surface purchase. and full retail needs to be $129 (950) and $169(XL) (its a cheap plastic phone, not metal like flagship ios/android phones)
(cheaper than a $199 insurance claim)
The need to put them in gum ball machines at this point, or just show up in every single mailbox in north america like a Tide coupon, if they hope to be a 3rd OS 2 years from now.
Until you get people to USE the phones, the apps will NEVER come. if the apps never come, no one will ever use the phones. (aside from the 1% marketshare they have now)

I'm sorry but it needs to be less than that. The phones should be available in stores for $1 contract free.

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

Seriously have to wonder why any of you posters are hanging out in a windows forums when all you do is trash the platform and offer no constructive comments. Windows central Mods have really dropped the ball get it together guys.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Post after post i see nothing but a bright minds of today, you're all philosophers and the smartest world has ever seen. You can even tell the way how big corporations should sell and advertise their products, and even recommend the price. Boy you're smart.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

Seriously have to wonder why any of you posters are hanging out in a windows forums when all you do is trash the platform and offer no constructive comments. Windows central Mods have really dropped the ball get it together guys.
Oh dude forget about it.....even they feel the same way....

Char8

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site

Apparently, at least, the 950XL will be price same as iPhone 6S. Documents leaked about Europe pricing and it shows the same pricing as the iPhone 6S.
The 950 will come in at 659 Euro and the 950XL at 749 Euro. The article also mentions that each phone will come with up to 200 Euro worth of accessories in the form of an external Bluetooth speaker with NFC, a miracast dongle, a Continuum dock, and NFC tags.
Also, it will only come in black and white colors, but this was rumored already.

Can't post links yet so just fill in the dots where you see underscores, also links in Spanish so use Google translate.

Link about pricing in Spain: www_poderpda_com/plataformas/windows-phone/filtran-precios-del-lumia-950-y-lumia-950-xl-en-espana/
Link about accessories: www_poderpda_com/plataformas/windows-phone/microsoft-lumia-950xl-precio-iphone-6s/

leehab

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site

You have very good points . Mobile is going to be every thing . MSFT is making the same mistake Yahoo made several years ago and now is left behind . Every body is looking for an ecosystem and that is why Apple moved up so fast . MSFT buying Nokia was the right move provided they worked on it hard and established the 2nd best ecosystem just to keep Windows alive .

As it stands now Windows followers are dropping because of lack of ecosystem . Samsung started suffering because of the same . Consumers go where simplicity and excellence is and that is Apple . Mac sales are constantly going up where Windows PC are going down.

MSFT should not have abandoned phones and took a loss of $6 Billions but that is MSFT and that is why after 20 years stock is $41 and not going anywhere . Sad story

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site

I'm sorry but it needs to be less than that. The phones should be available in stores for $1 contract free.
You're still wrong. Microsoft should send $100 to every man, woman, and child in the U.S. with a note apologizing for any grief that the recipient has had to endure due to Microsoft letting down some Windows Central commenters. Sure, it's $33 billion, but they've got it and they're not using it to do the things that we want so they have no right to keep it.

Char8

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site

Could the leaked prices hold? I mean the phone is not metal and glass like other phones, so why so expensive? I see the Windows Hello enabled camera, but does that justify it? Could this be a case of, even if it's not up to par to other flagships let's price it as if it were?

Also, if the price is the true price, iPhone comparable, then I guess we will not see a Surface phone.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Post after post i see nothing but a bright minds of today, you're all philosophers and the smartest world has ever seen. You can even tell the way how big corporations should sell and advertise their products, and even recommend the price. Boy you're smart.

Although I didn't mark it as such, my post was meant to be taken with a truckload of salt. Obviously because I forget to put something like /s afterwards though it gets taken seriously.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

I will be getting a 950 xl and the wife will be getting the 950. I am however picking up an android phone so I have the apps I need. I hope the dev's jump onboard with project Astoria so we can get all the good android apps.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

I will be getting a 950 xl and the wife will be getting the 950. I am however picking up an android phone so I have the apps I need. I hope the dev's jump onboard with project Astoria so we can get all the good android apps.

Aye I'm hoping that too. I'm considering the 950 but aren't certain yet. May wait for the rumoured Surface Phone. If it ends up with an Intel processor in the surface phone that would be brilliant. Haven't decided yet though what I'm going to do.

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Who's gonna be king of the Phablet's this Christmas?

Lumia 950 XL, iPhone 6s Plus, Note 5, Nexus 6P are the top runner's?

The Lumia 950 XL and Nexus 6P are virtually the same hardware but different OS (Win10 Mobile vs Android 6) where the iPhone 6s Plus and Note 5 are different SOC but using the same 14nm FinFET technology used to make the A9 & 7420.

This going to be my first Phablet "950 XL" and going to be awesome right Microsoft!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers