Lumia 950 XL, Nexus 6P, iPhone 6s Plus, Note 5

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
This is easy, the iPhone will be the best selling device ever produced by man! Apple said so. and no doubt the lemmings will jump through hoops, starbucks' and thrift stores to clamber up to get one.

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
For anyone who thinks this is going to be a sub 350 price you're living in a dream world. It'd be sub 350 under a 2 year subsidized plan. These phones have too many premium features to be considered that. The high res screen/ iris scanner aren't cheap things to put into a phone.

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering.........without being a smart-a$$........

For those that are basing its $value on the casing being metal or plastic, the implication is that it could be worth Apple Flagship dollars IF it was also Apple Flagship metal.
If so, then how much less is it REALLY worth for not being metal? Or put another way, how much less does it REALLY cost to manufacture the 950XL out of polycarbonate vs Aluminum? (for example)

I can only guess. I have no expertise. But it just can't be but a few bucks. A $600 Apple phone couldn't cost that much less to produce if they used a different material.

I think this is all based on perception and personal taste. (The huge value equation that is constantly brought up based on the shell material)

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering.........without being a smart-a$$........

For those that are basing its $value on the casing being metal or plastic, the implication is that it could be worth Apple Flagship dollars IF it was also Apple Flagship metal.
If so, then how much less is it REALLY worth for not being metal? Or put another way, how much less does it REALLY cost to manufacture the 950XL out of polycarbonate vs Aluminum? (for example)

I can only guess. I have no expertise. But it just can't be but a few bucks. A $600 Apple phone couldn't cost that much less to produce if they used a different material.

I think this is all based on perception and personal taste. (The huge value equation that is constantly brought up based on the shell material)

Don't forget the iPhone 6s Plus has less of everything specs' wise for premium top dollars! If they didn't have that 1 million app count what would they really have?

There hardware is less of everything.

-dual core
-2GB RAM
-12MP camera
- 5.5" 1080p display only
-2900 mAh battery non removable battery
-NO microSD storage
Etc etc etc etc etc I could go on all day!

I just don't get it? Premium price for app count is what I see. Obviously not hardware!

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
As my LG G2 now has a crack in the screen I am in desperate need of a new phone so 950XL is what I am waiting for as long as it hits the shelves soon. Only going to miss 2 apps one is Coc the other is the F1 app. but to be honest I can live without both. Do wish there were colour options available at release date though, still love the feel of my red 920.:love:

windows920

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
The specs aren't everything, it's the tight integration of hardware and software. The 6s & 6s plus destroys most current flagships on benchmarks.

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
The specs aren't everything, it's the tight integration of hardware and software. The 6s & 6s plus destroys most current flagships on benchmarks.

Unfortunately with Lumia 950XL and Nexus 6P not in any of those benchmarks makes them useless quote.

As I said earlier if the iPhone did not have that 1 million app count they would have nothing!

Put 1 million apps into Windows 10 Mobile Microsoft would be #1

Microsoft now has the hardware now apps apps apps are needed to become top dog!

windows920

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately with Lumia 950XL and Nexus 6P not in any of those benchmarks makes them useless quote.

As I said earlier if the iPhone did not have that 1 million app count they would have nothing!

Put 1 million apps into Windows 10 Mobile Microsoft would be #1

Microsoft now has the hardware now apps apps apps are needed to become top dog!

Considering the 950 XL and 6P have very similar specs to the Note 5, S6 and OnePlus2, I wouldn't expect much difference in the benchmark scores. The real threat will come when the Snapdragon 820 releases, but we have to wait till next year for that :(. Also it's not about the quantity of the apps but rather the quality. A lot of apps suck on the App Store, Play Store and the Windows Store. But comparing popular apps head to head it's usually the case that apps on iOS and Android are much more polished than on the Windows counterpart, hopefully the Bridge function will help somewhat. So if somehow magically tomorrow the Windows Store had 1 million apps they would still have an extremely hard time catching up to Android and iOS market.

syspry

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: Lumia 950 XL vs iPhone 6s Plus vs Note 5

Start giving them away with Xbox's or it is over. That is how they overcame Sony. That is their last chance here. Short of that, they will be done within two years.
That's extreme but we've reached the point now where there simply isn't any interest in WP devices so I have to agree with you. They might as well include the new Lumias as Xbox and Surface purchase bundles and call it a day instead of trying to sell phones.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Lumia 950 XL vs iPhone 6s Plus vs Note 5

That's extreme but we've reached the point now where there simply isn't any interest in WP devices so I have to agree with you. They might as well include the new Lumias as Xbox and Surface purchase bundles and call it a day instead of trying to sell phones.

Haha for every surface pro you buy with an i7 you get 50 free Lumia 950s and 50 free Lumia 950XLs. For the Xbox One purchases you get 25 free of each. Etc.

mayconvert

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Don't forget the iPhone 6s Plus has less of everything specs' wise for premium top dollars! If they didn't have that 1 million app count what would they really have?

There hardware is less of everything.

-dual core
-2GB RAM
-12MP camera
- 5.5" 1080p display only
-2900 mAh battery non removable battery
-NO microSD storage
Etc etc etc etc etc I could go on all day!

I just don't get it? Premium price for app count is what I see. Obviously not hardware!

You're right, you don't get it.
the A9 runs circles around every phone processor on the market, even at dual core.
2GB of ram is more than enough because apple controls the hardware AND the software and their memory management is 4x better than any other OS. 2GB of apple memory is equal to 4GB on android or wp.
The screen is calibrated to be as correct as possible, not just some cheap panel.
( a $4000 OLED 1080p looks better than a $600 4K TV. Quality makes a BIG difference)
The 2900mAh battery last longer than most 4000mAh batteries. Most people get 2 day battery life out of the 6+/6S+ ( I will say windows does WAY better than android for battery life even at the same mAh)
Micro SD (even the fastest) is SLOW. 30MB/s. Internal apple storage is reading and writing at crazy fast speeds.
etc etc etc.
the 12MP camera has some High end software that makes it better than anything short of a dedicated DSLR.
16-20MP does not = MOAR better.
google some benchmarks on the A9. its faster than a Surface Pro 3 in 99.9% of all benchmarks. The surface pro 3 BARELY beat the A8X chip in benchmarks and it had 2GB ram.(air 2 vs surface pro 3)

ericloewe

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Such a display of ignorance.

Any semblance of credibility you might have had was lost the second you expressed your fantasy that an iPhone is faster than a Surface Pro 3.

Richard Culverhouse

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
@mayconvert
You are delusional lol
And remember that all the benchmark / comparison testing so far has been done by the iCultist faithful. Well, any tests where the iPhones do well, anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte