Been with
lumia 920
Lumia 1020
Lumia 1520

Been suggestion people
Lumia 520
Lumia 640
and Lumia 920

I love the phone but each time i see something cool is't "android, IOS"..

Three examples

New Restuarant here in Sweden where you order food with your Phone, IOS and Android only :(
Just bought a new keyboard from Logitech 910 Orion for 180$.. app? Yes only IOS and Android.
And ofc my Bank is only supporting IOS and Android.

My "Subscription" for my phone ends in november so i can get a new Phone. Do they have Microsoft? No, only Samsung, Sony and Apple.
Do i want to buy a lumia 950XL and a "Subscription" for a lot of money? No?!

My 1520 cost me ~250$ over 24 month while a brand new in store cost 600$ so thats why i want the phone with my "Subscription".

Looking at Sony Z5.. but i really want a Lumia 950xl =( but stuff keeps me to think away.

Why should i keep going for Lumia?

wplee

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
Exactly. The problem with the app gap is not just the missing top Apps like Clash of Clans, Game of War or Snapchat but more about the latest apps that are either local (local newspaper or bank) or are part of a new type of app (eg Periscope). I think nows a great time to jump ship for a year, check out Win10m on a metal based premium Intel device next year? As long as we still use MS Apps all is good anyway according to the CEO...

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Well you get it because you seem to always be drawn back to the Lumia. You can get an iPhone and have it populated with all the MS apps and programs you would have with the Lumia and then still be able to use the iPhone apps as well. But with project Astoria and the program forn Ios apps on the Lumia you could do much of the same I suspect.

jtzako

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
With windows 10 apps will be easier to build and/or port over. They should also work on both PC and Phones and maybe Xbox One also. That should improve our ecosystem substantially since we'd go from bottom of the pile of phones, to the most used OS in the world (almost all PCs use windows, not apple, linux etc).

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Its honestly only reason im leaving is because of alot of apps for work ,play im missing out on. And probably not having a flagship for me ( for over a year now ) for my birthday. So IOS here I come . I wonder what IOS fans complain about on there forums cause honestly all os have complainers. But ill probably only be complaining about no live tile...oh well.

Rooks308

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I find it ironic but once project Islandwood (i think that is the iOS version) is released people can import the Microsoft apps onto our Windows Phones and finally have fully featured Microsoft apps on our Microsoft phones.

Personally I really love tech so I play around with all the platforms. I have 3 Androids (well, one is an Amazon Fire Phone), 2 Windows Phones and almost every iPhone except 2G/3G models. I'm really loving my Lumia 640 and for the price it is tough, if not impossible to beat (unless you count that I only paid $9.77 for the Fire Phone after prime is accounted for :) )

At the end of the day even if your needed/wanted apps are on Windows Phone in my experience it will be vastly less featured and much less frequently updated than its iOS and Android counterparts. For example, banking apps are usually far more feature filled on iOS and Android, and for local banks they likely do not exist at all.

I understand how much you love Lumia phones, there is a lot to love, but if you end up buying a phone based on solely looks and not function you are only holding yourself back. Believe me it is not lost on my the irony of me saying this in the same post as Apple phones, but if you really set aside fanboism, both iPhones and Android phones are HIGHLY functional. Android has also come a LONG way in the last 2 years and continues to improve.

I'm really REALLY hoping project Astoria and Islandwood are a hit, because I think that would be awesome. More competition makes the other guys work harder and I love Windows Phone 8.1 and 10's interfaces. If all of my google/playstore apps worked on my Windows Phones i'd probably get rid of all but 1 of my Androids.

Rooks308

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Its honestly only reason im leaving is because of alot of apps for work ,play im missing out on. And probably not having a flagship for me ( for over a year now ) for my birthday. So IOS here I come . I wonder what IOS fans complain about on there forums cause honestly all os have complainers. But ill probably only be complaining about no live tile...oh well.

Usually it is lack of Micro SD expansion and whose render of next years phones looks best. :winktongue:

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
If you are a little tech savy, you can get the free APK of the Android apps that are not on WM and side load them onto your WM10 with current tools.

This way, you can have your cake and eat it too.

rmeigs

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Since I can now get the full MS suite on an iPhone and because there are apps I'd really like (like ApplePay), I'm seriously considering moving from my 1520 to the 6s+. I've been using WP since version 7 something and really like it, but there just aren't many advantages (none?) today to staying with it. But I'll not decide for a few more months to see how this fall shapes up.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
New Restuarant here in Sweden where you order food with your Phone, IOS and Android only :(
Just bought a new keyboard from Logitech 910 Orion for 180$.. app? Yes only IOS and Android.
And ofc my Bank is only supporting IOS and Android.

It's not only in Sweden, This is a big deal for people in the US too. For me, everyone has an app these days, local news, local radio, even local stores give deals ONLY on their apps. I can watch TV for hours, see tons of commercials, in that time I will see notes about "Check out our mobile apps" a lot of the time.

In that entire time I will see 0 Windows Phone apps when I see over 25 commercials with apps.

Your bank does not have an app ? Sorry to hear that, WE HAD AN APP, and they pulled it...

And the sad thing, is there is only 1 way to fix it, that is to get Marketshare (more people have the phones, more companies will see the VALUE in creating an app). The problem is, you cant sell the phones and grow the marketshare because you don't have the apps but, you cant get the apps because you don't have the marketshare.

There isn't really a quick fix for this problem and it still could be years before something happens (unless W10m comes out and sells better than a iPhone on release, yea, right lol)

rjansen3

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I too have been on Windows Phone for a long time (since HTC Trophy). Last phone I bought was a 1520, 2 years ago. The fact of the matter is that I'm sick and tired of waiting. I waited 2 years for a flagship. Cityman isn't cutting it in the looks/feature department. In the end, there aren't even any rumors of mobile payments (something I really want) and the number of apps that I just can't get is unreal. Banking apps? Nope. Official Phillips Hue app? Nah son. Furthermore, Here Drive has been freezing mid drive for over 3 months now. No fix. I am just tired. I will continue using everything else MS, but I am getting a 6S Plus next week. I'll come back IF and when Windows 10 Mobile takes off.

winboy

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I too have been on Windows Phone for a long time (since HTC Trophy). Last phone I bought was a 1520, 2 years ago. The fact of the matter is that I'm sick and tired of waiting. I waited 2 years for a flagship. Cityman isn't cutting it in the looks/feature department. In the end, there aren't even any rumors of mobile payments (something I really want) and the number of apps that I just can't get is unreal. Banking apps? Nope. Official Phillips Hue app? Nah son. Furthermore, Here Drive has been freezing mid drive for over 3 months now. No fix. I am just tired. I will continue using everything else MS, but I am getting a 6S Plus next week. I'll come back IF and when Windows 10 Mobile takes off.
Microsoft did announce that Win 10 mobile will get mobile pay. Wait until the new flagships are released next month. Don't rely on the renderings.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

slamming doors.jpg

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft did announce that Win 10 mobile will get mobile pay. Wait until the new flagships are released next month. Don't rely on the renderings.
Like he and many have said...we have been waiting....for me since wp8 launched. So ms wants us to wait even longer? I'll just come back when win mobile actually becomes competitive .

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Like he and many have said...we have been waiting....for me since wp8 launched. So ms wants us to wait even longer? I'll just come back when win mobile actually becomes competitive .

I'm from a time before the microwave oven. When I saw my kids get annoyed at waiting 3 minutes for a sandwich to heat in the microwave, I knew then they have no concept of what patience means. So off to the fast food joint for fast food in a bag. I tell everyone, do you. Fast food has its place. Just like fine wine.

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm from a time before the microwave oven. When I saw my kids get annoyed at waiting 3 minutes for a sandwich to heat in the microwave, I knew then they have no concept of what patience means. So off to the fast food joint for fast food in a bag. I tell everyone, do you. Fast food has its place. Just like fine wine.

And that is a fact and good point.. Life this day and time is too much in the fast lane..

rjansen3

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Fast lane? Everyone else has had this stuff for 2 plus years! Even friggin Apple has mobile payments! I am done waiting. I'll be back when MS gives me a reason to come back. But right now their message seems to be use anything BESIDES Windows Phone, because we just don't care.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb