Lumia 950 XL render with specs (reupload)

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: Lumia 950 render with specs (reupload)

Thanks for making these!

I think for me it confirms what I have been thinking:

The EVleaks render is too rounded, when compared to the design WC created, that was a more boxy look which is perfect. The EV leaks one is too rounded and not a Lumia design.

When we see the straight on front shot, it doesnt look great, due to the back cover colour not being visible. Now this is not a traditional Lumia design, normally there is some colour noticeable when looking at it dead on front.

The bezel, even though its there, due to the onscreen buttoms being rendered in a way that blends it in to the screen rather than the EVleaks which blended into the bezel, looks much better. This gives you a better idea of the screen size and bezel size, vs just seeing this large chunk of black.

Thats all..

KThanxBye.
These are unrendered screen grabs :D
untitled.4.jpg untitled.6.jpg untitled.8.jpg untitled.8.jpg

Attachments

• untitled.9.jpg
    untitled.9.jpg
    986.8 KB · Views: 8

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com

Now that is a lovely phone. Good job. The hardware buttons could still use a little refining (bit lighter, more metallic, a tiny bit more spacing between them, and slightly different sizing) and the battery doesn't look like 3300 mAh but it's a fantastic render.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Nice designs. I hope the have the sense to sell loads of different coloured backs.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Looked at these and thought that the side bezels needed slimming down. Looked at the original EV renders and it appears that you gave got them very true. I'd like to see a render without the onscreen buttons, just to get an idea of the full size of the screen.

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

Looked at these and thought that the side bezels needed slimming down. Looked at the original EV renders and it appears that you gave got them very true. I'd like to see a render without the onscreen buttons, just to get an idea of the full size of the screen.

I could render the on screen buttons out later :) for you by the http://forums.windowscentral.com/mi...3954-ultimate-renders-lumia-950-xl-specs.html this a Poll as well

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

If you can be bothered, then go for it. Those shots look good, yellow and blue rock! Wonder how red looks?

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I think the 950 renders would look great too although I prefer the 950 XL.
Have you done any renders of your own designs? You're pretty good.
This was for college last year... umm I not really got into it haha wasted skills I know
Qixibit Snapshot 2160x1346 Tuesday Apr 21 13_02_23.png

A shotgun design
10830602_1554197158156685_5258341598167680145_o.jpg

Some smart watches, a lot of this is out-dated
untitled.24.png

a fancy table... I do this stuff when I am bored really
untitled.16.jpg

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
You're pretty good. I wish I had the skills and the hardware to do this kind of stuff. If I wasn't so...well broke then I'd love to get into this stuff. Call me a freak but I've always loved looking at renders of other people's ideas for smartphones that probably won't ever exist but it's nice anyways.

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
You're pretty good. I wish I had the skills and the hardware to do this kind of stuff. If I wasn't so...well broke then I'd love to get into this stuff. Call me a freak but I've always loved looking at renders of other people's ideas for smartphones that probably won't ever exist but it's nice anyways.

sketchup my friend, its where your dreams come true 3D for Everyone | SketchUp and then use blender for rendering, blender is harder to model on but has a nice rendering engine... this is free and will run on crap hardware, mined
the rendering will be slow

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Thanks for the cooperating, sir. I'm hoping to start saving up to replace my two year old Toshiba Satellite (oh yeah, it's not a nice Satellite either) and I've been mooning after a Surface Pro. I know it would be smarter to get a Pro 3 when the Pro 4 comes out but I also know when the Pro 4 comes out I'll never be able to pass it up for an older model. Technology does something to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12