ultimate renders of the lumia 950 XL and specs

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Better doesn't tell me why it's better; not all that is new is always better.

The Snapdragon 810 has a newer architecture, uses newer chip cores, is more efficient, and every benchmark says it's a substantial upgrade over the 805 (which is quite a bit more powerful than the 800) and that chip has a 2.7gHz clock speed. Don't believe the clock speeds have the final word, because there's a lot more to CPU's then raw power.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Metal is a heat conductor. Polycarbonate is better at dispersing the heat and at releasing it.

Sorry zachary, you've got this backwards. Being a better heat conductor is exactly what makes metals better at transporting heat from the inside of the device to the outside... and dispersing/releasing it. The ability to disperse heat is the most important property of any heat sink. If what you say were true, heat sinks would all be made of plastic. They aren't. They are most often made of copper, or if price is an issue, aluminium.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Sorry zachary, you've got this backwards. Being a better heat conductor is exactly what makes metals better at transporting heat from the inside of the device to the outside... and dispersing/releasing it. The ability to disperse heat is the most important property of any heat sink. If what you say were true, heat sinks would all be made of plastic. They aren't. They are most often made of copper, or if price is an issue, aluminium.
I guess I was wrong. Thanks for the information.

chuckdaly

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Count me in with the folks who poo pooed the leaked renders of the 950/XL. While I'm a fan of the use of the lumia Plastic, and don't mind the camera lens bulge, I just wish they had used a metal band like the 930, but more importantly, gotten rid of that, quintessentially iPhone, black smoked glass front fascia. Its time for smartphone designers to move beyond that paradigm.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Here's Motorolas new 5.7 inch screen phone. It has a bigger screen than iphone 6 plus but they shaved so much bezel that it's a smaller phone. And this is why people complain about the Bezel on the new 950XL phone.

1443110843211.jpg

DSC01522.jpg

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Here's Motorolas new 5.7 inch screen phone. It has a bigger screen than iphone 6 plus but they shaved so much bezel that it's a smaller phone. And this is why people complain about the Bezel on the new 950XL phone.

View attachment 112835

View attachment 112836

The iPhone looks so beautiful in contrast sitting next to those two devices imo 👀. The Motorola device looks like a cross between the Nexus 6 & the Moto G (latest model)

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I don't care for the recent iPhones. I think the 6 series are their worst. I liked the 4 series, and thought that they looked great, I still do. The 6 series remind me of the original ones, and I never liked the corners. I find them to long. Thankfully, the 950xl has a shorter corner sweep.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone looks so beautiful in contrast sitting next to those two devices imo ��. The Motorola device looks like a cross between the Nexus 6 & the Moto G (latest model)

Well the white lines look bad. They should have used a darker version of the rose gold.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I don't think it matters what color they are, I just don't like the iPhone 6+. The regular iPhone 6 is a decent looking, well-built device but the iPhone 6+ just feels disproportionate.

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I don't think it matters what color they are, I just don't like the iPhone 6+. The regular iPhone 6 is a decent looking, well-built device but the iPhone 6+ just feels disproportionate.

I hoping those leaks we got today not official. and just renders by the company. MS needs to understand we want colour!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire