ultimate renders of the lumia 950 XL and specs

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I would expect that the removable back panel includes the sides of the device as well (similar to the 635 and other devices) instead of being a flat panel like your renders.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I have a question:
We're all hoping Microsoft sells different colored backs besides the expected black/white backs that'll come with the phones. If this is how the back is removed, how in the world would that work? You'd have a black/white "frame" with a colored back. I wonder how'd that look.

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Renders are fine. It's too bad that the 950XL is so wide. It's as wide as the Note 4 (wider, in fact) from last year. The Note 5 looks positively svelte in comparison. Even the Moto X Pure is narrow by comparison (though thicker front to back).

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
If this is how the back is removed, how in the world would that work?

These are fan renders, nobody knows how the backs will come off.

If there was an aluminum band going around the phone like the 830/930, then it would be a certainty that the backs would detach just like these renders illustrate, but there's not. I would guess that the whole polycarbonate body will separate from an inner chassis of the 950/XL

Pivotgeeks

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
while back in the comment section people where ******** about not being metal, surprised to read people liking it here
anyway awesome Renders, i will take colorful polycarbonate over metal anyday..

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
while back in the comment section people where ******** about not being metal, surprised to read people liking it here
anyway awesome Renders, i will take colorful polycarbonate over metal anyday..

Lets be honest, Lumia and metal don't go together, Lumia is know for colourful well build plastic casing

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I have a question:
We're all hoping Microsoft sells different colored backs besides the expected black/white backs that'll come with the phones. If this is how the back is removed, how in the world would that work? You'd have a black/white "frame" with a colored back. I wonder how'd that look.

It might be like Lumia 635 but i don't think that is possible at this size, and white/black looks sexy as ****

phone.17.jpg

phone.16.jpg

Last edited:

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
These are fan renders, nobody knows how the backs will come off.

If there was an aluminum band going around the phone like the 830/930, then it would be a certainty that the backs would detach just like these renders illustrate, but there's not. I would guess that the whole polycarbonate body will separate from an inner chassis of the 950/XL
I know it's a fan render, sir. You completely mistook my meaning. I was questioning the FAN's decision to have the back come off like that. Please, next time don't assume. I'm not quite a numpty.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99