ultimate renders of the lumia 950 XL and specs

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Camera bump, enough said

I like the Camera Bump...

It makes a Statement. It looks Awesome on the following devices: 925, 1020,1520, 830, 640 XL, and what was going to be the McLaren

(Although the 1020 camera bump was around the same size as what the McLaren bump appeared to be, the 1020 bump doesn't look as good because it wasn't as premium looking)

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I like a small camera bump like on the Lumia 830 because it helps break up the design for both your eyes and your fingers. It adds a small bit of ergonomics (except for the Lumia 1020, which seemed to detract from ergonomics with its camera bump).

Rick2340

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Would someone please remind me - and others too - what carrier/carriers this and the 950 are supposed to be available on in the US? Unfortunately, I believe neither are going to be available on Verizon. My 928 is 2+ years old and I am looking to replace it in the next few months. Thanks !

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Would someone please remind me - and others too - what carrier/carriers this and the 950 are supposed to be available on in the US? Unfortunately, I believe neither are going to be available on Verizon. My 928 is 2+ years old and I am looking to replace it in the next few months. Thanks !

I don't think we are a hundred percent sure yet. AT&T will most likely carry both, T-Mobile can possibly carry one, based on history. Aside from that, we'll have to find out.

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
This is supposedly the new flag ship the 950XL replacing the 1520 ? I still hope Microsoft gives 1520 users Windows10 !

Two things I like, two things I don't like about the 950XL.

I don't like how larger the rear camera is; it should be equivalent to the size of the 1520 rear camera. I do like the removable battery & the higher resolution. I don't like the fact that the 810 is only 2.0ghz compared to the 800 which is 2.2ghz.

If this is replacing the 1520 as the flag ship considering it is almost a 6 inch sized phone, how much ?

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
This is supposedly the new flag ship the 950XL replacing the 1520 ? I still hope Microsoft gives 1520 users Windows10 !

Two things I like, two things I don't like about the 950XL.

I don't like how larger the rear camera is; it should be equivalent to the size of the 1520 rear camera. I do like the removable battery & the higher resolution. I don't like the fact that the 810 is only 2.0ghz compared to the 800 which is 2.2ghz.

If this is replacing the 1520 as the flag ship considering it is almost a 6 inch sized phone, how much ?

Hm. The larger camera housing isn't really a problem, in my opinion. You're getting an extra LED flash, better OIS, and hopefully a larger camera sensor (all good things).
Also, your qualms with the 810 are silly. The 810 is far more powerful than the 800 in every way. There's been talk of overheating but polycarbonate is way better at dealing with heat than aluminum or glass an Qualcomm has worked hard to solve these issues (also Microsoft presumably).

SonOfDad

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
For me, flagship phones need to be 'special'. The iPhone, Galaxy S6 and some others look and feel so much more premium.

The SGS6 looks great but is still a bit meh when you actually hold it. But I agree with what you say this phone seems to have zero wow factor and it's something Microsoft really need.

It emphasizes the greatness of the camera.

That has to be one of the most stupid postings I've seen. Does your car have a big bubble on the top to emphasise how great the roof is?

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
The SGS6 looks great but is still a bit meh when you actually hold it. But I agree with what you say this phone seems to have zero wow factor and it's something Microsoft really need.

That has to be one of the most stupid postings I've seen. Does your car have a big bubble on the top to emphasise how great the roof is?

I'm not the only one who like the camera bump

I'm pretty sure some others would agree with me that, the camera bump it's eye catching, cool looking, and let's people know they're dealing with a great camera. I personally like the way it looks. The camera bump on my 1520 looks cool to me. If you don't like camera bumps then that's just fine.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

Yes.
Dodge Viper, two bumps on roof to wear helmets when you race.
BMW M3, bump on hood for engine.
Many muscle cars, bumps on hood for air intakes, larger engine.
Many sports cars, wider *** for larger rear tires for more traction.

I get asked all the time about my 1020 and its hump, and I tell people it's to pack serious camera hardware...if they ask more, I demonstrate.

Some light reading for you on the "Power Bulge" https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_bulge

Last edited:

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Hm. The larger camera housing isn't really a problem, in my opinion. You're getting an extra LED flash, better OIS, and hopefully a larger camera sensor (all good things).
Also, your qualms with the 810 are silly. The 810 is far more powerful than the 800 in every way. There's been talk of overheating but polycarbonate is way better at dealing with heat than aluminum or glass an Qualcomm has worked hard to solve these issues (also Microsoft presumably).

Better doesn't tell me why it's better; not all that is new is always better.

Yash Dabhi

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
the navigation key should like Lumia 1520...and other previous phone which has soft keys....!!!!this is the main point....because i don't like resent phones like 640/xl, 535 730,530,630,635...which has the navi keys inside or controlled by OS.....make these keys like 1520, 1320, icon,1020,930, 830....!!!

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
anxiously waiting to get one of these. I cannot get another updgrade on my account as My package from telus no longer exists and I have stuff for my wife and I that would cost twice as much now. I was going to get two phones and buy the 950s when the kinks worked out, but I am just buying two out right for us now and skip the androids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)