Dear anyone complaining about no metal:

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
<rant>
With the new pictures from today's fresh leak, there was of course complaint comments about "oh noes, no metal." And of course I was a bit annoyed. Now I looked closer at the pictures themselves and they looked like the plastic shell covers the whole back and sides.

Wait...
Shell...
Removable battery= removable shell= more colors.

And then why has nobody (with probably some exceptions) realized that there's a possibility of a METAL shell?!

</rant>

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
It's possible, though I wonder if a metal shell will withstand the repeated flexing needed when removing to access the battery, switch covers, etc.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I really like this strong aluminium frame around my L930, it simply looks & feels quite better, of course I'm not talking about technical advantages and disadvantages of using metal just about feel & look. After all, the shape, look, and feel dramatically affect our overall experience and if it fits the hand better, feels better, and looks better, it is better.

I?m definitely among those who don?t like devices completely made of polycarbonate not to mention that I hate those onscreen navigation keys as well and because all of mentioned thing I'll most probably keep my L930 and wait for the long awaited surface branded device or something similar that falls in premium segment not only by specifications and performances but look & feel as well...

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I really like this strong aluminium frame around my L930, it simply looks & feels quite better, of course I'm not talking about technical advantages and disadvantages of using metal just about feel & look. After all, the shape, look, and feel dramatically affect our overall experience and if it fits the hand better, feels better, and looks better, it is better.

I’m definitely among those who don’t like devices completely made of polycarbonate not to mention that I hate those onscreen navigation keys as well and because all of mentioned thing I'll most probably keep my L930 and wait for the long awaited surface branded device or something similar that falls in premium segment not only by specifications and performances but look & feel as well...

What's stopping anyone from making an L930-style shell?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire