Will Verizon get the new Windows 10 950 & 950XL phones?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Will Verizon get the new Windows 10 950 & 950XL phones?

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
No, how many different times has this question been asked...then answered. Verison is NOT getting the new phones. They do not WANT the phones. They are blocking people who buy unlocked and try to activate on their service. I guess apple plowed them pretty good if you get my drift.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Verison is NOT getting the new phones. They do not WANT the phones.
Nonsense. They just thought they could get them on the same horrible (for MS and customers) terms as the previous Windows Phones. They make money on the phones they sell. So unless you think that the 950s would just cannibalize their iPhone sales, Verizon definitely wants the phones. On the flip side, there definitely are people who will be leaving Verizon over this which costs them a steady stream of service income. Verizon just couldn't get the terms they wanted. Negotiations are sometimes like a game of chicken. Neither flinched this time.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I was reported here, that verison is NOT even accepting a 950/xl as an unlocked device to their network if someone has one and wants to connect using their verison plan. The phone supposedly has the radios needed. Verison is choosing not to give its customers service even if the phone is purchased unlocked, used etc. Therefore its verison being a bunch of You know whats.

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
The RM-1116 (950XL dual-sim) is not certified by the FCC for operations on CDMA or LTE Band 13 per documentation posted today on the fcc.gov site, so I'd say it was a fair bet that Verizon won't be carrying that one.

Last edited:

FXi2

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
If you can't tell from the # of phones that VZ has on the shelf... they don't really "want" this market. It's time to go where you are wanted and businesses actually work for your money. VZ isn't building out anymore they are done with LTE. XLLTE will continue but for the most part they are collecting the check and snickering if you aren't happy. Time to GO!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss