The 950 XL's smart cover and pen might have been cancelled.

anon(8141431)

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
According to a site named Blogjack, the circular smart cover and the pen for the Lumia 950 XL have been cancelled.
Look at point #3
???????????????? Lumia ????????? Windows 10 Mobile ?????? | BLOGJACK

This could be dismissed as just a rumor but, Blogjack correctly predicted a lot of things before other blogs.
Their leaks include ,
1) the design of the Lumia 950.(before the renders leaked) ?????BLOGJACK ?????Talkman???????? | BLOGJACK
2) the specs of the 950s before it was an "exclusive" from unleashthephones ???????????????????? 5.2 ?? 5.7 ?? 2k ?????? Lumia ?? | BLOGJACK

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I really don't care as I don't like those covers and prefer my phone to be naked, completely, I just don't understand all those people that first complains about size and weight and than add a big bulky case that makes their phone even fatter and in most case uglier as well :)

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
There are two types of "pens" = active and capacitive. Surface and all of our Sony 2-in-1 convertibles, Dell and Lenovo tablets "have an active pen option" which is why we chose them from hundreds of options.

The second option is "touch enabled screens" CAN use a wide "range of ultra small capacitive pens" - we have one @ 1.9 mm tip nib (might be smaller options on Amazon - these are over 6 months old.

We use one of these on our 1920 x 1080p Lumia ICON with great success!

So, even if CityMan does NOT have an active pen option, we can use a "pen"!

However, if it does, then Microsoft "will design apps to work with the pen" = the BEST scenario!

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I really don't care as I don't like those covers and prefer my phone to be naked, completely, I just don't understand all those people that first complains about size and weight and than add a big bulky case that makes their phone even fatter and in most case uglier as well :)

You just mentioned that you don't use a case on your phone, but maybe those complaining don't use a case on their phones either?

I haven't really seen anyone complain about the size or weight of the new phones, just that they don't look premium.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I haven't really seen anyone complain about the size or weight of the new phones, just that they don't look premium.
Yeah I know, I'm among them :) you see, I really like this strong aluminium frame around my L930, it simply looks & feels quite better, of course I'm not talking about technical advantages and disadvantages of using metal just about feel & look but from other hand, the shape, look, and feel dramatically affect our overall experience and if it fits the hand better, feels better, and looks better, it is better. I’m definitely among those who don’t like devices completely made of polycarbonate not to mention that I hate those onscreen navigation keys as well and because all of mentioned thing I'll most probably keep my L930 and wait for the long awaited surface branded device or something similar that falls in premium segment not only by specifications and performances but look & feel as well...

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I really like this strong aluminium frame around my L930, it simply looks & feels quite better, of course I'm not talking about technical advantages and disadvantages of using metal just about feel & look but from other hand, the shape, look, and feel dramatically affect our overall experience and if it fits the hand better, feels better, and looks better, it is better. I?m definitely among those who don?t like devices completely made of polycarbonate

IMO I would rather have a phone that's more pleasing and usable (handling) without throwing it in a case because of it being slippery and the newly launched Lumias do fulfill that notion. Don't get me wrong, the 930 is a beauty (and so is my current 830):winktongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills