A little teaser of the lumia 950xl in leather

aXross

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Oh well Microsoft didn't really offer any colors at all for Lumia like seriously!

At least, this 3rd-party shells are indeed looks great! The only question is are they available on most areas? These 3rd-party shells should be available in every shops where Lumia 950 and 950 XL will be available, maybe even a discount just to encourage buyers (it will be also good marketing of the company who make the shell).

Oh yeah. I found a something what they will looked like with those shells. My another wish is that it should've have metallic Microsoft logo on it. http://www.phonearena.com/news/Thir...pear-online-leather-variants-included_id74473

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Can some one make an aluminum back that would be awesome  I could compromise qi for a premium look 
I don't care about Qi charging at all but if these covers come off like the 640, 520, etc, they can't have metal edges or backs since the backs have to be severely flexed when removed or installed. So I'm not understanding how any can even have metal sides unless its not metal but something elastic OR these new phones have backs that go on and off in a completely different way.

KimRM

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Looks really nice! Smart move to leave the color options to partners and only release the phone in black or white. This will lower the cost of production and allow a large variety of different designs for the phone.

authorandrew

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
These covers have me so incredibly excited. I'm rocking a blue backplate on my 925 (custom painted) but I would definitely spring for some nice red polycarbonate. The question is how much do these covers stand up to Nokia's excellence in plastic?

o4komodo

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Oh well Microsoft didn't really offer any colors at all for Lumia like seriously!

At least, this 3rd-party shells are indeed looks great! The only question is are they available on most areas? These 3rd-party shells should be available in every shops where Lumia 950 and 950 XL will be available, maybe even a discount just to encourage buyers (it will be also good marketing of the company who make the shell).

Oh yeah. I found a something what they will looked like with those shells. My another wish is that it should've have metallic Microsoft logo on it. Third-party back covers for the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL appear online, leather variants included

Thanks for this! Good indication of what to expect to pay. Wish it was about $10-20 cheaper so I can buy more than one without worry. Oh well... They still won me over.

flip covers?
mozo-brand-750x141.jpg

I found this site to order: https://shop.frequencytelecom.com/search.php?xSearch=Mozo+Microsoft+Lumia+950&x=0&y=0

It appears their flip covers are magnetically closed and open vertically versus the usual horizontally.

I'm definitely interested in purchasing the white/silver and red/gold. Maybe the black/silver too... But most definitely the former two.

Last edited:

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

Oh yeah. I found a something what they will looked like with those shells. My another wish is that it should've have metallic Microsoft logo on it. Third-party back covers for the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL appear online, leather variants included

Well, since they are an official partner with MS. I think MS stores will sell them as well. It would make sense.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I guess I've never understood the leather on mobile devices thing. I've always thought it looks a bit tacky.

I'm glad the option is there for other people, though. That's certainly the flexibility that replaceable back covers brings to the table.

for me, it looks nice and solid, and doesn't interfere with qi charging, glass is too fragile, plastic is too mainstream and metal blocks qi

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't care about Qi charging at all but if these covers come off like the 640, 520, etc, they can't have metal edges or backs since the backs have to be severely flexed when removed or installed. So I'm not understanding how any can even have metal sides unless its not metal but something elastic OR these new phones have backs that go on and off in a completely different way.

good point, I'm going to bet they are hard af to change, but lets be honest it doesn't get much better than full glass front + metal frame + leather back, and keeping qi too, I cant believe how excited I am for these lumias, we were so pessimistic a few days ago :p

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I guess I've never understood the leather on mobile devices thing. I've always thought it looks a bit tacky.

I'm glad the option is there for other people, though. That's certainly the flexibility that replaceable back covers brings to the table.

Agreed. Tacky and cheap looking but there's definitely a market for making your phone look like a wallet or a purse. Go to any mall and you'll see dozens of kiosks with all of gaudy bling for iPhones and Galaxies.

It's pretty sad though that MS didn't seem to care enough to actually plan out some different color back plates for the 950/950XL. That used to be one of the things that attracted me to WP in the first place. Still love all the different colored shells for my 820. No pleather in sight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss