• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Check out the best deals!
10-12-2015 08:52 PM
68 123
tools
    Can some one make an aluminum back that would be awesome  I could compromise qi for a premium look 
    I don't care about Qi charging at all but if these covers come off like the 640, 520, etc, they can't have metal edges or backs since the backs have to be severely flexed when removed or installed. So I'm not understanding how any can even have metal sides unless its not metal but something elastic OR these new phones have backs that go on and off in a completely different way.
    10-07-2015 07:19 AM
    Aluminum back and SD 810, talk about hot.
    10-07-2015 07:32 AM
    Looks really nice! Smart move to leave the color options to partners and only release the phone in black or white. This will lower the cost of production and allow a large variety of different designs for the phone.
    920Walker likes this.
    10-07-2015 07:34 AM
    These covers have me so incredibly excited. I'm rocking a blue backplate on my 925 (custom painted) but I would definitely spring for some nice red polycarbonate. The question is how much do these covers stand up to Nokia's excellence in plastic?
    10-07-2015 11:33 AM
    This is a day one purchase for me
    10-07-2015 01:16 PM
    Oh well Microsoft didn't really offer any colors at all for Lumia like seriously!

At least, this 3rd-party shells are indeed looks great! The only question is are they available on most areas? These 3rd-party shells should be available in every shops where Lumia 950 and 950 XL will be available, maybe even a discount just to encourage buyers (it will be also good marketing of the company who make the shell).

Oh yeah. I found a something what they will looked like with those shells. My another wish is that it should've have metallic Microsoft logo on it. Third-party back covers for the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL appear online, leather variants included
    Thanks for this! Good indication of what to expect to pay. Wish it was about $10-20 cheaper so I can buy more than one without worry. Oh well... They still won me over.

flip covers?

I found this site to order: https://shop.frequencytelecom.com/se...ia+950&x=0&y=0

It appears their flip covers are magnetically closed and open vertically versus the usual horizontally.

I'm definitely interested in purchasing the white/silver and red/gold. Maybe the black/silver too... But most definitely the former two.
    Last edited by o4komodo; 10-07-2015 at 02:56 PM.
    aXross likes this.
    10-07-2015 02:10 PM
    Oh well Microsoft didn't really offer any colors at all for Lumia like seriously!

At least, this 3rd-party shells are indeed looks great! The only question is are they available on most areas? These 3rd-party shells should be available in every shops where Lumia 950 and 950 XL will be available, maybe even a discount just to encourage buyers (it will be also good marketing of the company who make the shell).

Oh yeah. I found a something what they will looked like with those shells. My another wish is that it should've have metallic Microsoft logo on it. Third-party back covers for the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL appear online, leather variants included
    Well, since they are an official partner with MS. I think MS stores will sell them as well. It would make sense.
    10-07-2015 03:01 PM
    It does have qi ;-)
    bulls96 and aXross like this.
    10-07-2015 05:00 PM
    That is sexy!
    10-07-2015 06:47 PM
    sexy indeed
    10-07-2015 07:13 PM
    I would consider the phone looking like this! Reminds me of my BlackBerry
    10-07-2015 07:19 PM
    I bet it smells good
    That new Lumia smell (tm).
    10-07-2015 07:21 PM
    I guess I've never understood the leather on mobile devices thing. I've always thought it looks a bit tacky.

I'm glad the option is there for other people, though. That's certainly the flexibility that replaceable back covers brings to the table.

for me, it looks nice and solid, and doesn't interfere with qi charging, glass is too fragile, plastic is too mainstream and metal blocks qi
    10-07-2015 09:19 PM
    I don't care about Qi charging at all but if these covers come off like the 640, 520, etc, they can't have metal edges or backs since the backs have to be severely flexed when removed or installed. So I'm not understanding how any can even have metal sides unless its not metal but something elastic OR these new phones have backs that go on and off in a completely different way.

good point, I'm going to bet they are hard af to change, but lets be honest it doesn't get much better than full glass front + metal frame + leather back, and keeping qi too, I cant believe how excited I am for these lumias, we were so pessimistic a few days ago :P
    10-07-2015 09:23 PM
    I guess I've never understood the leather on mobile devices thing. I've always thought it looks a bit tacky.

I'm glad the option is there for other people, though. That's certainly the flexibility that replaceable back covers brings to the table.
    Agreed. Tacky and cheap looking but there's definitely a market for making your phone look like a wallet or a purse. Go to any mall and you'll see dozens of kiosks with all of gaudy bling for iPhones and Galaxies.

It's pretty sad though that MS didn't seem to care enough to actually plan out some different color back plates for the 950/950XL. That used to be one of the things that attracted me to WP in the first place. Still love all the different colored shells for my 820. No pleather in sight.
    10-07-2015 11:27 PM
    It does have qi ;-)
    Good. I have invested heavily on qi chargers the past few years. THanks!
    10-07-2015 11:48 PM
    Even MS wouldn't have made the phone this sexy. thanks to these great looking case.
    10-08-2015 01:33 AM
    It would be nice if they had the "Windows Logo" on the back!
    EMINENT 1 likes this.
    10-08-2015 02:40 AM
    It's pretty sad though that MS didn't seem to care enough to actually plan out some different color back plates for the 950/950XL. That used to be one of the things that attracted me to WP in the first place. Still love all the different colored shells for my 820. No pleather in sight.
    It's not sad at all - they went out of their way to made deals with 3rd parties and OFFICIALLY endorse these backs, if MS starts making different coloured shells it creates unfair competition to these accessory makers and discourages them to make them (like Nokia did) - MS is simply doing the smart thing, taking a step back and let the accessory makers make all the lucrative cash from accessories to grow the accessory ecosystem. More partners is a more vibrant ecosystem which is more attractive to customers.
    libra89, editguy and 920Walker like this.
    10-08-2015 02:41 AM
    I love that brushed tan leather! I reckon it would age really well, due to handling, it would look like a leather wallet, darker in some places than others.
    920Walker likes this.
    10-08-2015 02:56 AM
    It's not sad at all - they went out of their way to made deals with 3rd parties and OFFICIALLY endorse these backs, if MS starts making different coloured shells it creates unfair competition to these accessory makers and discourages them to make them (like Nokia did) - MS is simply doing the smart thing, taking a step back and let the accessory makers make all the lucrative cash from accessories to grow the accessory ecosystem. More partners is a more vibrant ecosystem which is more attractive to customers.
    I really couldn't care less. It's cheap, lazy and lame for MS to not have a few different color back plates at launch especially for a supposed flagship LUMIA, a brand that used to mean colorful and stylish. If the 820, 920, 930, 1520 etc just came in black or white without any different colored back plates, flip covers or shells made by Nokia that would've royally sucked.The 3rd party stuff was for the most part junk.
    aXross likes this.
    10-08-2015 03:26 AM

because most of the time, its plastic that looks like leather.... which "for me" slams the beauty of a device with a -10 points instantly.
    10-08-2015 03:34 AM
    I really couldn't care less. It's cheap, lazy and lame for MS to not have a few different color back plates at launch especially for a supposed flagship LUMIA, a brand that used to mean colorful and stylish. If the 820, 920, 930, 1520 etc just came in black or white without any different colored back plates, flip covers or shells made by Nokia that would've royally sucked.The 3rd party stuff was for the most part junk.
    A partnership strategy that benefits the entire ecosystem is not cheap nor lazy. It's actually cheaper and more lazy for MS to swap the colour of the polycarbonate shell internally rather than spend time and effort to negotiate and endorse a 3rd party deal. I actually care a lot more whether Microsoft's new strategy can grow the ecosystem because Nokia's strategy didn't do it. Unofficial 3rd party items are junk, sure, but this is OFFICIAL stuff - MS puts their name on them, just like Apple's endorsed accessories are usually pretty good quality, and that alone is already something that makes me stand behind MS' strategy of making endorsed 3rd party accessories.
    editguy and 920Walker like this.
    10-08-2015 03:42 AM
    HoosierDaddy - You are bang on, the sides are not metal. Its metal coated Polycarbonate. Still the whole case is polycabonate but they are coated with metal color and the back is given a different finish. Qi charging inlcuded along with NFC.. Overall the case looks elegant and nice. People should not expect metal as metal requires spl antenna requirements like 930 and 925.
    Attached Thumbnails mozo1.jpg  
    editguy likes this.
    10-08-2015 05:17 AM
    Do we know when these will be up for preorder?
    10-08-2015 06:51 AM
68 123