10-12-2015 08:52 PM
68 123
tools
    I will take one in Pumpkin Cayman and another in Clan MacLeoud tartan flannel. No need for fire retardant chems...liquid cooling.
    10-08-2015 07:20 AM
    HoosierDaddy - You are bang on, the sides are not metal. Its metal coated Polycarbonate. Still the whole case is polycabonate but they are coated with metal color and the back is given a different finish. Qi charging inlcuded along with NFC.. Overall the case looks elegant and nice. People should not expect metal as metal requires spl antenna requirements like 930 and 925.
    Wonderful. Now I can stop trying to figure out where MS hid all the microscopic torq screws that held a rigid back on. LoL.
    10-08-2015 07:40 AM
    Nice, too bad there are no flashy colors like the 930.
    aXross likes this.
    10-08-2015 08:06 AM
    Nice, too bad there are no flashy colors like the 930.
    Red!!! Guess many more will come if they start selling good numbers.
    libra89 and aXross like this.
    10-08-2015 08:07 AM
    Unfortunately it looks like the link is for a distributor... you have to order the cases in large quantity to be then resold
    10-08-2015 10:17 AM
    Well, since they are an official partner with MS. I think MS stores will sell them as well. It would make sense.
    I can see that happening but if all Microsoft Stores (especially the converted Nokia Stores) will sell them? Thing is since Microsoft didn't provide any color shells this time, this is the only alternative Lumia users got. Not to mention, some people are not fond spending another set of money to pay for 3rd-party case just to get color they want.

So now Microsoft really have to push these on all Microsoft Stores worldwide. Having nice set of accessories already available for Lumia is good for the brand that especially not ubiquitous.
    10-08-2015 11:08 AM
    I can see that happening but if all Microsoft Stores (especially the converted Nokia Stores) will sell them? Thing is since Microsoft didn't provide any color shells this time, this is the only alternative Lumia users got. Not to mention, some people are not fond spending another set of money to pay for 3rd-party case just to get color they want.

So now Microsoft really have to push these on all Microsoft Stores worldwide. Having nice set of accessories already available for Lumia is good for the brand that especially not ubiquitous.
    A lot of companies will jump on this. Mozo was just working with MS closely. You will likely see lots of accessories on amazon and other places. You can go with the standard ones. The white ones look really good in person. Go to an MS store and look at the devices. People are saying they are so much better when you hold them yourself.
    aXross likes this.
    10-08-2015 12:38 PM
    These look great.
    10-08-2015 02:30 PM
    Red plus gold should be premium enough too I think, I am more hyped about the covers than by the whole MS presentation.
    I do like the Gold, but would prefer the red looked more like the brown one without the bumps and without any stitching.

1444488125473.jpg
    aXross likes this.
    10-10-2015 11:49 AM
    I do like the Gold, but would prefer the red looked more like the brown one without the bumps and without any stitching.
    Definitely agree with you. Mozo just released a new pic of the red case in another angle. It's still pretty nice.
    10-10-2015 12:29 PM
    Definitely agree with you. Mozo just released a new pic of the red case in another angle. It's still pretty nice.
    The gold definitely is a nice touch no doubt.

1444501217655.jpg
    Frank Kajtazi and aXross like this.
    10-10-2015 01:22 PM
    this gets more companies on board with windows 10 and lumia's, nothing wrong with that and we benefit with many more choices than what ms would have given us. these phones look sexy as hell and the following week you can make it something else.
    10-11-2015 12:34 AM
    For years, I've just used a simple 'Case Logic' camera case and put it on my belt. Fits my phone and earpiece and a spare thumbdrive. I never had to worry about a clip breaking or the phone falling out.

I know that when I upgrade to the 950XL, it won't fit, so I'll be looking for something new. Maybe Tuffuv will have something available like:
    10-12-2015 12:53 PM
    Now, let's get some non-leather ones in more colors.
    Pretty soon, everyone will have 3D printers and will just make their own.
    10-12-2015 01:00 PM
    Definitely going for the brown leather.
    10-12-2015 07:28 PM
    For years, I've just used a simple 'Case Logic' camera case and put it on my belt. Fits my phone and earpiece and a spare thumbdrive. I never had to worry about a clip breaking or the phone falling out.

I know that when I upgrade to the 950XL, it won't fit, so I'll be looking for something new. Maybe Tuffuv will have something available like:
    Bors FolioWallet [en] Here you go.
    10-12-2015 07:40 PM
    Pretty soon, everyone will have 3D printers and will just make their own.
    That requires 3-D design software skills I have none of.
    10-12-2015 07:46 PM
    A lot of companies will jump on this. Mozo was just working with MS closely. You will likely see lots of accessories on amazon and other places. You can go with the standard ones. The white ones look really good in person. Go to an MS store and look at the devices. People are saying they are so much better when you hold them yourself.
    Well the Sydney Microsoft Store isn't opened yet but I will!

Still this can be a problem (we'll have yet to see) to other countries that doesn't have Microsoft Store though (Converted Nokia ones). Thing is not everybody wants or know that these cases exist online, I came from emerging country where people doesn't do much online transaction as the developed countries do but still have big purchasing power when it comes to phones, which is why Android devices thrived on those countries much better than iPhone, also Windows Phone too thanks to Nokia's effort.

If these cases will be available together with the devices on the same store, it will help the selling point of these new Lumia's. People love personalizing phones, especially something like these shells. Lumia is pretty weak in terms of accessories availability and Microsoft needs to push this, maybe this is easier than app gap issue.
    10-12-2015 08:52 PM
68 123