PC World Reviews the Lumia 950 XL... Doesn't even mention Continuum!

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Hands on: Yes, Windows Phone fans, the Lumia 950XL is your long-awaited flagship | PCWorld

I couldn't verify which Windows 10 Mobile build the phone was running, but the demo 950XL I tried felt snappy

Lol. Daniel just checked the settings menu in his review and the phone tells you exactly what build it is running.

There?s a USB-C charging port in the lower edge of the phone.

That's it. That's as close as he comes to telling you, by the way you can drive a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and external drive through that port! Well done. "It charges your phone." And people wonder why Windows Phone is in third place. With press like this who needs enemies.

A week or so ago, I advised a coworker who was curious about Windows phones to look elsewhere, to Android. He bought the latest Note 5. I?m sure he doesn?t regret his purchase. I will say, though, that he may have jumped the gun.

What exactly did this guy learn in a week that he didn't already know?

no word on which carriers are going to sell these phones

WTF?! This is a joke right? This has to be an elaborate prank.

To me Apple is the Donald Trump of the phone market. Donald Trump is number one in the Republican polls and he's spending no money on ads. The press just gives him copious amounts of coverage to get his message out. Everybody else has to spend tens of millions just to avoid being stuck at the kiddy table at the debates.

I can't believe what I just read.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Over all I thought it was a fairly positive review and thoughts. Even though they missed a few points but and tells the truth that Apple and Android are they big guns right now (we know this).

If a lot more reviewers said a lot of this, I think most of us would be happy with all the WP basing that goes on by iOS or Android fanboys

FXi2

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Continuum is a crazy technological feat but not many have a strong use for it unless this is your only computing device.

wayn1ak

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It's an ok review. At least he highlights a lot of good things with a hint of pessimism as to whether any of this matters since we don't know if WP will exist by next year.

Remember when Molly Wood reviewed the Lumia 1020? That was probably the worst review I had ever read/watched for WP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon