950 XL < 1520 Battery Life - Confirmed

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Yeah. I get 3 or 4 days with my 1520 and even then just charge because I don't like being down in the 20-30 percent range..

Holy crap!!! I haven't gotten that much time since my old flip phone.. Seriously..
Getting through a full day with my 640XL with 30-40% is huge treat AND the best I've ever done since going to a smartphone.. That's with bluetooth & Location enabled 24/7, display on Med and Gmail set to sync hourly.. With my old Galaxies & Note if i used those settings connecting to the charger would be needed by 6pm, I had to constantly toggle bluetooth & location off if I wasn't using it. 640XL blows them out of the water when it comes to battery consumption!!
PS; I know I "could" use auto-brightness ect.. but just not my preference :)

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Holy crap!!! I haven't gotten that much time since my old flip phone.. Seriously..
Getting through a full day with my 640XL with 30-40% is huge treat AND the best I've ever done since going to a smartphone.. That's with bluetooth & Location enabled 24/7, display on Med and Gmail set to sync hourly.. With my old Galaxies & Note if i used those settings connecting to the charger would be needed by 6pm, I had to constantly toggle bluetooth & location off if I wasn't using it. 640XL blows them out of the water when it comes to battery consumption!!

DeviceShot130908719030526717.jpg

FXi2

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Agreed - it's an issue but minor given the performance and features of the phone itself. And it may well improve as they improve the Win 10 OS and tweak things. This is why it's so helpful to get updates from MS. And the 950 has rather stellar endurance if you just take a slightly smaller screen.

Michael Dontigney

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

Yep... one of the best things about my 1520 is how long the battery lasts... Sure you can carry an extra battery with the 950XL but I don't *have* to with the 1520... I am a wedding photographer/videographer and I think it's a riot when I'm on a job and half way through the day I go into a room to see all the iPhones and Androids plugged in because they are dead already... LOL.. I always make it a point to show them my phone with over 80% battery life left.

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I believe the extra battery using on the 950 is due to Windows Hello. If you don't use it I believe it should have battery life comparable to the 1520.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos