950 XL Dual Sim in Europe

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
does anyone have any indicator on the availability of a dual sim XL version within Europe.
Can find one in Microsoft India store but the UK and GER and FR Store doesn't list one:(

Tonio78

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Looked at the French store and funny enough, the header doesn't specify it but the specification says double nano sim... 👀 So is this standard for France?

Via Tapatalk de mon splendide Lumia 930

Tonio78

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Either I didn't look on the right spot or they corrected it today but there's now two distinct 950XL: single and double sim...

Lumia_950XL.jpg

JEcadeQueiroz

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, Fnac.pt is selling both the 950 Dual Sim and the 950 XL Dual Sim (150? less than the original price). Is there a price variation from non-Dual Sim versions?

xToMMeRx

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Resellers in Denmark have been told by Microsoft that only the Lumia 950 (not XL) will be available in Denmark in a Dual Sim variant.

Looks like Poland and Portugal are getting the Lumia 950 XL Dual Sim though.

kwright62

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Only the 950 will be available.....
Do they not know that we can buy anything from anywhere? Ebay vendors will ship the phone you want to you anywhere.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Hmm. I don't have a Microsoft store in my country, so can i for example order a new Lumia phone from german store or any other MS store here in Europe? Will they ship and has anyone ever tried this?

Thanks guys :)

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Why wouldn't you be able to? Obviously you need to check a few basics like radio frequencies for mobile, though most of Europe use the same system. I used to buy my notes from Poland, hell of a lot cheaper! You would need to look at the warranty side as well, although again, shouldn't be an issue in Europe where I do believe the warranty under EU law should be 2 yrs.

Grab one and enjoy!!

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Why wouldn't you be able to? Obviously you need to check a few basics like radio frequencies for mobile, though most of Europe use the same system. I used to buy my notes from Poland, hell of a lot cheaper! You would need to look at the warranty side as well, although again, shouldn't be an issue in Europe where I do believe the warranty under EU law should be 2 yrs.

Grab one and enjoy!!

Thanks for the reply. Helps clear some things out. Ok i think frequencies are mostly the same across europe and warranty is 2 years like you said. So basicly i'll just check to see where i can find it cheaper, and maybe even fetch a free continuum with it :) So they do ship across europe right? Straight from the MS store...

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes - straight from the MS Store. But the prices there are most likely more expensive than for example amazon.fr .. just order it from amazon.fr

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Only the 950 will be available.....
Do they not know that we can buy anything from anywhere? Ebay vendors will ship the phone you want to you anywhere.
Yes. But beware you likely won't have warranty service in your country. That's how it is in the US. IMEIs are linked to a target market. I am buying my new 950XL from a US company but they are getting them from another country and there won't be a Microsoft Warranty in the US. That company includes their own equivalent warranty. Something to factor in if you buy from outside your country or even in your country depending on the retailer's source for the phones.

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft checked my Amazon.FR bought Lumia 535 and told me to get it replaced in the UK Nokia Care store. I believe the warranty is covering cross country at least EU

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft checked my Amazon.FR bought Lumia 535 and told me to get it replaced in the UK Nokia Care store. I believe the warranty is covering cross country at least EU
I got my new 1520.3 from another market. There was a website where customers could check to see if their IMEI was covered in the US. The web site said mine was. And it said that for everyone else who bought a foreign market 1520. But if anyone sent their phone in, they received a letter saying, that was an error (they never fixed the error to my knowledge) and the phones were returned unrepaired. The EU MIGHT be considered one market but you might want to double check what a rep says or at least get it in writing.

ericloewe

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Resellers in Denmark have been told by Microsoft that only the Lumia 950 (not XL) will be available in Denmark in a Dual Sim variant.

Looks like Poland and Portugal are getting the Lumia 950 XL Dual Sim though.

Everywhere I've asked, the answer has been that, as far as they know, only dual SIM variants will be available in Portugal.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
So is this site fnat.pt mentioned earlier legit? They have the cheapest lumia 950 xl in europe, 100€ below other prices. Has anyone ordered from them before?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077