950-950xl 3rd party covers, what do you think?

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Preorders have started.
50 euros per case before taxes and shipping.

Two cases costs 112 euros (taxes+shipping included). Yikes.
My pre-order was # 5xx about 3 hours ago. But then I cancelled. Since they won't get here until after the phones anyway, might as well see what other options make themselves known by then.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Mozo statement about logo on their Instagram

Many people are asking about Microsoft logo. Unfortunately that is not possible. These covers are designed and manufactured by Mozo and they are not Microsoft products. These covers have been designed in close cooperation with Microsoft to ensure the perfect fit. We hope you like our designs regardless��..
They could do what OtterBox does for Apple products, leave a big hole in the back so you see the logo. Four carefully cut squares of (real aluminum not plastic) duct tape might do the job as well.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered the white 950 XL and just pre-ordered the black leather Mozo back cover. The leather cover cost $71.95 including shipping. Mozo says they will start shipping November 16. The black leather cover cover reminds me of a retro camera.

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
I am not sure if Amazon UK is correct in shipping time but since they deliver to the US I ordered my Mozo 950 XL black cover from them. Came out to 39.9 pounds which was only $61 USD instead of $71 USD if I ordered from Mozo directly. Worth checking out if you are in the US looking to import this cover.

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I actually don't like leather backs. I'd rather prefer them to offer regular polycarbonate backs with different colors and different frames. Just like the red/gold option, it looked great as a tiny pic, but with actual close up of the final design that red leather doesn't really spark my interest.

Same here. Leather shouldn't be on a phone. It's a device, not a car seat. And, while red had me at least consider it, even in leather, the color combo of red/gold is simply off putting and horrid. Extremely tacky looking. It's a shame they don't have red/silver.

I'm going to pass on this and stick with the black and logo. The branding and looks mean more to me than the feel. Unless they start offering something better like carbon fiber, i'm out.

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
A premium phone I leather makes sense to me. When you are paying $700 USD for a device, a little premium options can't hurt. It's why I like the HTC phones as well with the aluminum finish.

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else stalking Mozo waiting for their 950XL covers to come back into stock? By the time I really considered getting one, they were already mostly sold out.

I'm just curious whether there's anyone else like me who is anxiously waiting to pick up one of these back covers.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else stalking Mozo waiting for their 950XL covers to come back into stock? By the time I really considered getting one, they were already mostly sold out.

I'm just curious whether there's anyone else like me who is anxiously waiting to pick up one of these back covers.
Not stalking Mozo. I pre-ordered from Mozo (#5xx) the first day. But I cancelled that order. Later I found a place in the US and pre-ordered from them due to a slightly lower price for the case but mostly due to a huge difference in tax and shipping. A bonus was they expected their shipment from Mozo within a week. Although I guess that's not really a bonus if the phones arrive even later.

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Not stalking Mozo. I pre-ordered from Mozo (#5xx) the first day. But I cancelled that order. Later I found a place in the US and pre-ordered from them due to a slightly lower price for the case but mostly due to a huge difference in tax and shipping. A bonus was they expected their shipment from Mozo within a week. Although I guess that's not really a bonus if the phones arrive even later.

ooh, what vendor in the US?

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
ooh, what vendor in the US?
Until they actually come thru, I don't want someone blaming me for delays so won't mention the name until I have it in my hands BUT if you Google (not my first search choice) Mozo Lumia 950XL and click on "shop", you should see it. And if you want more than one, compare shipping between individual orders and multiple. You can order one for $1.99 (USPS) shipping, but two bumps the shipping to $8 with UPS because I guess two won't fit in an envelope.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Wish they had a black w/gold trim, I'm curious if the leather back is thicker then the others?? Keeping it slim as possible is always my preference.. As for screen protectors with my Note 4 I tried the Zagg glass protector which did a great job BUT I wonder if Gorilla glass 4 will even need a protector??

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious if the leather back is thicker then the others?? Keeping it slim as possible is always my preference.
All the Mozo 950XL back covers are leather. So I doubt the cognac ones with the stitching are any thicker than how much the thread sticks out. I wouldn't be very surprised if the threads are even fake and are just stamped into the leather like the bumps are in the black and white covers. If the stitching was "real" I would expect a different price. But who knows? Maybe they eat any difference (dumb) or something else offsets the cost of stitching.

pjm1891

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Found some more Mozo products for the 950line at a Swedish retailers homepage, stuff that isn't even on Mozo's own store yet! For example these leather flip covers! All items are listed as coming soon. (BTW this is a serious dealer so these are not Chinese knock-offs)

b4fedcad-63fa-27cd-03b0-6a03c6b2286c.jpg
04fe589a-21f0-2b1e-bc19-1c16753dc7fd.jpg
e8ba0b6e-a43c-5004-7977-2debf8368f51.jpg

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
It would appear that these Mozo cases are available for pre-order again after having been "sold out" for a couple weeks. Delivery starts mid-November. I still really want that brown one. Looks badass.

mozo-lumia950-xl-backcover-brown-leather_1.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans