950-950xl 3rd party covers, what do you think?

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Wonder why they are offering 3 of the 4?? I'm leaning towards the red leather, of course that's the one they're not offering..
If I remember correctly, the red was leaked by Mozo a few days after the others. It might just be retailers weren't aware at the time Mobilefun placed their order. Or maybe they didn't think they could sell the minimum order size. Either way, I'd email and ask them when/if they will have the red ones.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Just got an email from MobileFun (US) saying they will receive their Mozo shipment on Nov 16th. They had previously confirmed my pre-order will be from the first shipment, so I could have it as soon as the 19th or 20th. Hope I don't misplace it while waiting for the phone!

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Oooh. Do you think it would be tough enough to not show wear and tear from handling? I've never used it.

Yeah, people use it a lot on cars. A buddy of mine did his wheels and it held up very well. The cool thing about the stuff is once you've applied it, you can just peel it right off and it doesn't leave any marks or residue and you are back to square one. If it did rip or tear during normal use (or a drop), then you just peel it all off and re-apply. It's a rubberized spray coating, so it is pretty tough. They also make it in a bunch of colors.

cheesemoo

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, people use it a lot on cars. A buddy of mine did his wheels and it held up very well. The cool thing about the stuff is once you've applied it, you can just peel it right off and it doesn't leave any marks or residue and you are back to square one. If it did rip or tear during normal use (or a drop), then you just peel it all off and re-apply. It's a rubberized spray coating, so it is pretty tough. They also make it in a bunch of colors.

That could be fun. I have way too many color backs for my back up 635. I change colors almost everyday. lol

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I've never had a phone with wireless charging before. Would a third party case block the wireless charging?

any material will increase the distance between coils in the charger and the device; some materials may even partially block, but thats more likely with those that have some metal in them or are have some metallic form to them.
Future Qi chargers will be better and be backward compatible and work with metal also... thats known, but not right now.

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Surprising that there aren't any cases listed on MS's site yet. Other than the Mozo covers, who has an idea about a quality (i.e. impact resistant) case for the 950XL? most of what I've seen on Amazon seems like cheap (i.e. low-quality) crap. Thoughts?

Side note: incipio said that they would have a case sometime in the next month.

kappatau808

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
yea i use a case for work too. carry my phone around all the time so there is a real big risk of me dropping it. and i use screen protectors just because i dont like scratches

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
HoosierDaddy,

Is your pre-order with them still valid? I am waiting on an email back from their support because my order # is not valid with my email. when i look in my account it says i never placed an order but i clearly have an email in my inbox that shows i ordered it on November the 5th...
Still valid. But I'm not pleased by the second date change email. Twice now the web site count down saying when they get there has rolled down to zero and then jumps back to 2 weeks with an email apologizing for the further delay. I mean, can't businesses track shipments to them? How can they not know before the day the shipment is supposed to arrive that it never even shipped? But maybe it doesn't make business sense to pay an employee to check shipments if they get thousands and .0001% are ever significantly late.

I'm guessing that Mozo (Like MS) completely underestimated the demand and can't fill orders. They are probably too small a company to react in a timely way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo