950-950xl 3rd party covers, what do you think?

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Still valid. But I'm not pleased by the second date change email. Twice now the web site count down saying when they get there has rolled down to zero and then jumps back to 2 weeks with an email apologizing for the further delay. I mean, can't businesses track shipments to them? How can they not know before the day the shipment is supposed to arrive that it never even shipped? But maybe it doesn't make business sense to pay an employee to check shipments if they get thousands and .0001% are ever significantly late.

I'm guessing that Mozo (Like MS) completely underestimated the demand and can't fill orders. They are probably too small a company to react in a timely way.

Got it, thanks for checking. It seems my payment was rejected, weird as that has never happened....

I see the same thing, ordered it saying it would ship the next day to get the delayed for two weeks email. Going to invest in a cheap cover for now to keep the back piece nice if i ever sell the phone down the road.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Got it, thanks for checking. It seems my payment was rejected, weird as that has never happened....

I got rejected 4 times last week, twice with my Mastercard, once with my debit then my paypal..
Wrote customer support and they sent me a link for one of my rejected orders auto attached to paypal and it worked.. I'm guessing being overseas my credit and debit cards thought they were fictitious charges and stopped them, both card's fraud dept. contacted me verifying if I was the one attempting the charges(I bet your in in the US also DeathMoJo?)
i was also contacted by mobilefun stating; "delayed with our suppliers and we have been provided with an updated time of arrival to our warehouse of 11/30/2015"

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing being overseas my credit and debit cards thought they were fictitious charges and stopped them, both card's fraud dept. contacted me verifying if I was the one attempting the charges
Probably dumb question but did you check to see if there was a MobileFun website for the country you're in or use the link I posted? I think they are in a lot of places.

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
I got rejected 4 times last week, twice with my Mastercard, once with my debit then my paypal..
Wrote customer support and they sent me a link for one of my rejected orders auto attached to paypal and it worked.. I'm guessing being overseas my credit and debit cards thought they were fictitious charges and stopped them, both card's fraud dept. contacted me verifying if I was the one attempting the charges(I bet your in in the US also DeathMoJo?)
i was also contacted by mobilefun stating; "delayed with our suppliers and we have been provided with an updated time of arrival to our warehouse of 11/30/2015"

Yup in the US as well, Chase flagged both cards and i eventually had to use my bank account through paypal.

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Like many other folk I was debating between the 950 and the 950XL. It's nice to have choice, and after demoing it in stores, availability so far, I opted on the 950 XL (white). In anticipation of the phone, I ordered the Imak air slim crystal case (clear) for the 950 XL from ebay and the Dretal TPU semi-frosted (white) case from Amazon. I'm currently waiting on the Dretal case to come in but today I received the Imak (10 Days total from China!). I've attached a few snaps of the Imak case and packaging along with my Lumia 830, for proportion sake.

Both cases are pretty basic, the Imak looks to be the slimmer one ( assuming the Dretal is similar to the tudia on my L830) and the Dretal offers more protection. Both case will help show off the phone better and or possibly whatever design will be on the back. That said, I'll probably pick up a third, the Mozo cases look cool but I'm hoping for other, more colorful options otherwise, I'm really going to miss that orange!

No offense, but why would you cover your plastic phone, with another piece of plastic? If your oem back cover get's scratched up or broken, then buy another one? I mean you're spending money on the case already, just use that money towards a new oem back cover when/if you need one? Just a thought.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
No offense, but why would you cover your plastic phone, with another piece of plastic? If your oem back cover get's scratched up or broken, then buy another one? I mean you're spending money on the case already, just use that money towards a new oem back cover when/if you need one? Just a thought.

Hmm, maybe because they want to show the back of the phone. I like clearish cases, which happen to be plastic, because the back of the phone can show through with that cool MS logo...

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I sent Mozo an email about my brown leather 950XL back and they said that it will ship at the end of this week. Hopefully it will arrive around the same time as my white 950XL. Already have my 128 GB microSDXC UHS-1 card. Once I have everything in hand I'm off to AT&T to switch my 2 lines over from Verizon.

o4komodo

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
First in line for any company that can make a black or red carbon fiber back replacement.
Your best bet is to overlay your own case in carbon fibre. It's actually pretty easy.
If you're unwilling I can always do it for you---however the logos and what not won't be there anymore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss