11-18-2015 02:40 PM
96 123 ...
tools
    What do you think of the 3rd party back covers for the 950-950xl? I think they look amazing!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails img_20151008_154342_922.jpg  
    Frank Kajtazi and Cea like this.
    10-08-2015 06:58 PM
    I really do prefer the original intended design of the phones and would love a blue option with the proper Windows logo and Pureview Zeiss branding, not a third party's.

However, I think it's fantastic that they've already got a third party company lined up to start making all these different and pretty interesting cases a la Moto Maker (especially the metal banded ones - that'll help a lot of people who liked the 930/830 design).
    10-08-2015 08:26 PM
    I like them, and I prefer them without the Windows logo. I want them as clean as possible.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-08-2015 08:36 PM
    The larger silver ring + Leather gives it a real classy look. :)
    libra89 and maevinj like this.
    10-08-2015 09:30 PM
    https://www.luurinetti.fi/lumia-950-xl-suojakotelot

mozo-takakuori-lumia-950-black-black_orig.png

Rest of images are from 950 model but you can get idea.
    Covers are available in following colours black/black, black/silver, cognac/silver, red/gold, white/silver ja white/white.
    ArtificiallyYours and glenada like this.
    10-09-2015 01:24 PM
    Closer looks on their site Mozo Accessories | official Lumia mobile accessories partner. The wife has already claimed the red/pink and gold one. I'm still undecided.
    Frank Kajtazi likes this.
    10-10-2015 07:54 PM
    I like them, and I prefer them without the Windows logo. I want them as clean as possible.
    You prefer the Mozo logo?
    10-10-2015 08:04 PM
    I prefer them without any logo at all. Thing is even if they put the Windows logo on them, the Mozo one would probably be there as well.
    10-10-2015 08:38 PM
    Does that mean the silver bits are metal coated plastic? I can see that chipping and looking really cheap. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I like the black in genuine leather. That is premium.

The other problem as always is protection. Unfortunately I am probably going to have to opt for a fugly case. I like the leather but I can't justify pay in $50+ for something that doesn't even protect the screen.
    10-10-2015 08:46 PM
    The other problem as always is protection. Unfortunately I am probably going to have to opt for a fugly case. I like the leather but I can't justify pay in $50+ for something that doesn't even protect the screen.
    I've always hated cases. I didn't buy a phone I liked to stuff it into some silcone wrapper. But when the sides and back of the device are replaceable, what exactly are you expecting a cover to protect? Replace the whole back if it gets damaged/scratched. And enjoy the phone without unnecessary covers.
    Frank Kajtazi, Tyrion L and Hoekie like this.
    10-10-2015 09:36 PM
    I love the look and will buy one as soon as they become available.
    tangledW likes this.
    10-10-2015 09:37 PM
    Polycarb should help with the drop test. I would like it if it came with corner bumpers and something to give the screen some protection....I love that leather back in the pic, definitely going to be something I look at. I would also love some extra features, like integrated angle stand, lanyard loop.

Would you guys like a case that was all aluminum with a stand and transparent silicone QI area that lets you see the bright copper QI antenna?
    10-10-2015 11:17 PM
    Mozo statement about logo on their Instagram

Many people are asking about Microsoft logo. Unfortunately that is not possible. These covers are designed and manufactured by Mozo and they are not Microsoft products. These covers have been designed in close cooperation with Microsoft to ensure the perfect fit. We hope you like our designs regardless..
    10-11-2015 06:57 PM
    Does that mean the silver bits are metal coated plastic? I can see that chipping and looking really cheap. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I like the black in genuine leather. That is premium.

It's probably composite grain polycarbonate, which may add up the price tag a bit because of the method used.
    10-11-2015 07:16 PM
    I've always hated cases. I didn't buy a phone I liked to stuff it into some silcone wrapper. But when the sides and back of the device are replaceable, what exactly are you expecting a cover to protect? Replace the whole back if it gets damaged/scratched. And enjoy the phone without unnecessary covers.
    That's a good idea. What do you use to protect the screen, though?
    10-12-2015 08:03 AM
    I wish they release a metallic gold color. An aluminium with glass.
    10-12-2015 08:57 AM
    That's a good idea. What do you use to protect the screen, though?
    Personally, nothing. Well, my pocket, I guess. But no covers protect the screen themselves -- well, I suppose the recent popularity of "flip covers" do afford some protection there; people use various screen protector sheets for that. Nothing stopping anyone from using those without a cover, either.

If the phone is so fragile you have to surround it with rubber bumpers and bulletproof acrylic, why does anyone want it anyway? I've had my Lumia 1020 for almost 2 years. One scratch; probably got that two days after I got the phone. Not a single scratch since, and nobody'd see that one scratch without tilting it in reflective light specifically looking for it anyway, since it's very tiny.

The last time I ever used a screen protector was for an old original-version Windows Phone back in the stylus days, and then because they didn't have fancy things like Gorilla Glass, and you were actually scratching as plastic stylus across it to use it. But I do remember one day ripping the stupid thing off; I wanted to see the screen, not some plastic thing with the screen behind it. :)

If you have to have a cover to use a phone day to day, the phone is designed poorly.

If you have to cover the screen with a protection sheet of plastic, the phone is designed poorly.

I want a smartphone I can use, not a device I fear breaking or damaging every time I pick it up or look at it sideways. :)
    Tyrion L, nokia4life and InsGadget like this.
    10-12-2015 10:53 AM
    Personally, nothing. Well, my pocket, I guess. But no covers protect the screen themselves -- well, I suppose the recent popularity of "flip covers" do afford some protection there; people use various screen protector sheets for that. Nothing stopping anyone from using those without a cover, either.

If the phone is so fragile you have to surround it with rubber bumpers and bulletproof acrylic, why does anyone want it anyway? I've had my Lumia 1020 for almost 2 years. One scratch; probably got that two days after I got the phone. Not a single scratch since, and nobody'd see that one scratch without tilting it in reflective light specifically looking for it anyway, since it's very tiny.

The last time I ever used a screen protector was for an old original-version Windows Phone back in the stylus days, and then because they didn't have fancy things like Gorilla Glass, and you were actually scratching as plastic stylus across it to use it. But I do remember one day ripping the stupid thing off; I wanted to see the screen, not some plastic thing with the screen behind it. :)

If you have to have a cover to use a phone day to day, the phone is designed poorly.

If you have to cover the screen with a protection sheet of plastic, the phone is designed poorly.

I want a smartphone I can use, not a device I fear breaking or damaging every time I pick it up or look at it sideways. :)
    All very reasonable answers.
    I threw a Nokia C1 at the wall in the heat of the moment once... y'know what happened? LCD broke. Screen (plastic) was perfectly fine. The phone itself? Perfectly fine. No damages at all on the body. No broken mics, no broken speakers.
    I miss those old days.

And yeah, I agree with you, if you are handling your phone correctly and being aware of it then you shouldn't have to worry about it breaking or shattering.
    Have multiple things to carry? Put the phone in your pocket. Talking on the phone while carrying things? Hang up and put it away---or use a headset. Don't run with a phone in your hand...

BUT I do see the reasoning for people to get a silicone base or a tempered screen protector. It's insurance/piece of mind. Or maybe it's temporary for the work environment.

Like in my case... I used a silicone case for my L830 and a flip cover on my L1520 when I bring it to work because it's pretty dirty. I don't always use my phone at work but I have it sitting on my toolbox in case I get an emergency text/call. (I work at a garage).
    InsGadget likes this.
    10-14-2015 02:41 AM
    I actually don't like leather backs. I'd rather prefer them to offer regular polycarbonate backs with different colors and different frames. Just like the red/gold option, it looked great as a tiny pic, but with actual close up of the final design that red leather doesn't really spark my interest.
    10-14-2015 05:36 AM
    Preorders have started.
    50 euros per case before taxes and shipping.

Two cases costs 112 euros (taxes+shipping included). Yikes.
    10-16-2015 09:53 AM
    Preorders have started.
    50 euros per case before taxes and shipping.

Two cases costs 112 euros (taxes+shipping included). Yikes.
    My pre-order was # 5xx about 3 hours ago. But then I cancelled. Since they won't get here until after the phones anyway, might as well see what other options make themselves known by then.
    10-16-2015 11:01 AM
    Mozo statement about logo on their Instagram

Many people are asking about Microsoft logo. Unfortunately that is not possible. These covers are designed and manufactured by Mozo and they are not Microsoft products. These covers have been designed in close cooperation with Microsoft to ensure the perfect fit. We hope you like our designs regardless��..
    They could do what OtterBox does for Apple products, leave a big hole in the back so you see the logo. Four carefully cut squares of (real aluminum not plastic) duct tape might do the job as well.
    nokia4life likes this.
    10-16-2015 11:59 AM
    I pre-ordered the white 950 XL and just pre-ordered the black leather Mozo back cover. The leather cover cost $71.95 including shipping. Mozo says they will start shipping November 16. The black leather cover cover reminds me of a retro camera.
    10-16-2015 11:18 PM
    They could do what OtterBox does for Apple products, leave a big hole in the back so you see the logo. Four carefully cut squares of (real aluminum not plastic) duct tape might do the job as well.
    They couldn't leave a hole because there'd be nothing underneath. This is a replacement cover, not a case.
    10-17-2015 09:59 PM
    They couldn't leave a hole because there'd be nothing underneath. This is a replacement cover, not a case.
    Duh! Forget my stupid idea.
    10-18-2015 12:01 AM
96 123 ...