Microsoft Complete for the Lumia 950XL?

koolyoyo6

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Is there any chance/is there any news about Microsoft Complete for the Lumia 950XL, if bought from the Microsoft Store directly? I'm thinking about buying one for myself, but I don't want to put that cash into the phone without some form of protection...

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Is there any chance/is there any news about Microsoft Complete for the Lumia 950XL, if bought from the Microsoft Store directly? I'm thinking about buying one for myself, but I don't want to put that cash into the phone without some form of protection...

Yes, it's definitely available, as with all phones. I inquired about this myself when I test drove the 950 XL.

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
What is Microsoft Complete?

It's actually just called "Complete", the short answer: "phone insurance."

For $99 you get the manufacturer's warranty extended from 1 to 2 years. You also get accidental drop, break, spills, etc protection with a $49 deductible, which you can redeem twice. I would never ever buy one of these, except my 640 XL screen died after less than 2 months.

I just hope that if it had a manufacturer's defect, they don't try to claim it was 'user error'.

z8er

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it's definitely available, as with all phones. I inquired about this myself when I test drove the 950 XL.

Are you sure? I just chatted with support, they said it's not currently offered and she didn't think they'd be offering it. She probably didn't know what she was talking about though, as per usual.

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Are you sure? I just chatted with support, they said it's not currently offered and she didn't think they'd be offering it. She probably didn't know what she was talking about though, as per usual.

I should clarify, this is for phones purchased in store with the plan purchased in store. Not sure about online, etc.

majortom1981

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft complete is available in store and online BUT they are different. IF you buy your phone online you have to mail in your phone. IF you buy your phone from a store they can switch it out. So its better off to buy it from a store then online.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft complete is available in store and online BUT they are different. IF you buy your phone online you have to mail in your phone. IF you buy your phone from a store they can switch it out. So its better off to buy it from a store then online.
Not buying it. Please post evidence. You have to take any phone you buy somewhere else into a MS store to add Complete to make sure people can't get it for a phone they already put thru a wash cycle. Or are you saying you have to send the phone in for inspection BEFORE getting Complete if you aren't near a store? Someone posted links to the terms for phones and there is nothing in them regarding where you bought the phone.

bro8kenneth

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I just bought my Lumia 950 at the store in San Francisco.
They offered me a Microsoft Complete, and I bought it.
You should have one too and it costs like $49 for mine.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, seems stupid you can't. I bought for my Surface online.
It makes sense to me. If they didn't require an inspection, anyone who broke theirs in the first 30 days could buy Complete online and then say the damaged happened afterwards. It sucks but there are people like that; some even bragging about similar fraud in these forums.

kwajr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
It's actually just called "Complete", the short answer: "phone insurance."

For $99 you get the manufacturer's warranty extended from 1 to 2 years. You also get accidental drop, break, spills, etc protection with a $49 deductible, which you can redeem twice. I would never ever buy one of these, except my 640 XL screen died after less than 2 months.

I just hope that if it had a manufacturer's defect, they don't try to claim it was 'user error'.
All that changed deductible increased and only one swap there was an article here.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
It makes sense to me. If they didn't require an inspection, anyone who broke theirs in the first 30 days could buy Complete online and then say the damaged happened afterwards. It sucks but there are people like that; some even bragging about similar fraud in these forums.

True, but Surface can be added up to 45 days after. Cost more and no one inspects it. Besides that, what about adding when you purchase online.

IIDXholic

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
99 dollars for 2 years with 1 replacement deductible at 99 dollars if its your fault. So if you mess up your phone, that's 200 dollars for a new one. If its found that its a hardware issue, you will get a free replacement, for 2 years. The same happened with my Surface Pro 3 with a fire hazard I had on the charge port. It was replaced for free, and still had 2 accidental claims I can use (already used one because my wife doesn't watch her stuff around kids).

scimitarshane

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
i just asked the MS store in the UK and they are not selling MS Complete for the 950XL. I'm also struggling with EE as they are only selling the 950XL for business use. None of this is making sense. Why would EE supply the 950XL but restrict who can buy it! And its to risky to buy outright from the MS Store without MS Complete. I sincerely hope MS gets it's act together or the opportunity will be lost

A_Pieman

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
John Lewis sell them online only (supplied direct from the supplier) and you can add two years accidental cover for ?99. I have always found them good to deal with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett