How is the sound quality through speakers? Anyone tested with headphones yet? I assume this will have good sound as Microsoft was bragging about the sound on stage.
    10-13-2015 12:59 AM
    How is the sound quality through speakers? Anyone tested with headphones yet? I assume this will have good sound as Microsoft was bragging about the sound on stage.
    The phone isn't released, therefore can't say, without getting the hands on it. But I hope it is as good or better than Lumia 1520
    xandros9 likes this.
    10-13-2015 07:00 AM
    The phone isn't released, therefore can't say, without getting the hands on it. But I hope it is as good or better than Lumia 1520
    Maybe someone can plug in a headphone at the MS store?
    10-13-2015 06:57 PM
    From memory I think he only mentioned that it supported HDMI out from the dock. In which case you'd get good sound due to your theater system or HiFi system at home and not the phone itself.

I'm guessing it be the latest mobile DAC they'd think is a good compromise between cost, quality, and implementation. So realistically it'll be a marginal improvement, in my opinion, over the 1520. As for speaker quality I wouldn't hazard a guess since I always use my earphones when I want to listen to music.
    10-13-2015 07:10 PM
    From memory I think he only mentioned that it supported HDMI out from the dock. In which case you'd get good sound due to your theater system or HiFi system at home and not the phone itself.

I'm guessing it be the latest mobile DAC they'd think is a good compromise between cost, quality, and implementation. So realistically it'll be a marginal improvement, in my opinion, over the 1520. As for speaker quality I wouldn't hazard a guess since I always use my earphones when I want to listen to music.
    Hehe earphones will work too.
    10-13-2015 07:23 PM
    That said, how is sound quality of the 1520 using good set of headphones??
    I actually use my smartphone to listen to music quite often (mp3s, Pandora, Spotify) with my Audio-Technica ATH-M50 & Bose QC15...
    10-23-2015 08:50 AM
    I think the sound quality is actually very good for the 1520. I'm sure you would very satisfied with your headphones on them Captpt.

As for your question on good headphones, there's honestly a myriad of variables to consider. If you're just using your phone though, stick with low impedance and 3.5mm phone jacks and you'll be sweet.
    11-30-2015 05:39 AM