Lumia 950XL AT&T?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Can anyone tell me if the 950XL is for sure coming to AT&T? I keep reading articles online that keep saying the 950/950XL will be available on AT&T but their website as of now only lists the 950 as coming soon. I just chatted with an AT&T agent online and he wasn't absolutely sure but said he imagined that they would carry both.

David Phillips4

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
I have the same question.... Ive a 1520 now that needs a new battery and keeps shutting down and I'm patiently waiting the 950XL... I don't want to spend $650 for the phone though . I'm on Next plan and would like it

MiloTheOne

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if the 950XL is for sure coming to AT&T? I keep reading articles online that keep saying the 950/950XL will be available on AT&T but their website as of now only lists the 950 as coming soon. I just chatted with an AT&T agent online and he wasn't absolutely sure but said he imagined that they would carry both.

There is a mix of yes and no all over the Web. If MSFT "handed" the phone to at&t them I don't think they would exclude the XL. That wouldn't make sense at all. I tried to pre-order the XL last night and the reps words were "the 950 XL for at&t isn't available yet", this was at a Microsoft store. I was upset because on the phone earlier that day a rep told me to come in person to reserve the phone. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
My 1520 gave out on me so I picked up a 640LX for just under $200 to hold me over until the 950XL came out. Even tho it's a mid level phone I'm enjoying it so much that I won't be in a hurry to get the 950XL. Now I'm thinking about waiting until the kinks are ironed out of the phone and windows 10.

MiloTheOne

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
My 1520 gave out on me so I picked up a 640LX for just under $200 to hold me over until the 950XL came out. Even tho it's a mid level phone I'm enjoying it so much that I won't be in a hurry to get the 950XL. Now I'm thinking about waiting until the kinks are ironed out of the phone and windows 10.

I'm leaving Android, there's just too many inconsistencies with the false apps, updates and with the so-called high end hardware. Everyone that I said that too starts with the app situation in the Windows Store, I tell them that their software that lets me convert apk and iOS format to Windows Phone format. Regardless I don't use my phone for games, I use it for business.

MiloTheOne

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site

I found this a few minutes ago.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-15-17-39-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-15-17-39-20.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 16

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I found this a few minutes ago.
I'm interested in seeing what the full price will be and how the AT&T version differs from the unlocked one at Microsoft stores. Since AT&T will now issue carrier unlock codes for any of their phones for free even before they are removed from their boxes, they might be options for non-AT&T customers who'll put up with the differences and hassles of waiting for AT&T to push updates, etc..

I'm sticking with the generic unlocked version but if I decide to buy a 950XL as a gift and its $100 cheaper from AT&T, I MIGHT think about it.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the same question.... Ive a 1520 now that needs a new battery and keeps shutting down and I'm patiently waiting the 950XL... I don't want to spend $650 for the phone though . I'm on Next plan and would like it
Since a 1520 is still worth more than peanuts, you might want to stop at a nearby repair shop and have them slap in a new battery. It will be much easier to sell and for a lot more money. A LOT of potential buyers would be leery of a claim it just needs a new battery and others would pass because they have no idea what it would cost or don't want the hassle of having it done. And if you aren't selling it, how good of a backup phone will it be with a battery that will just keep getting worse?

pete2452

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I have been able to upgrade my phone for almost two years. I waited and waited for the next Windows Phone all this time. Finally, Microsoft releases the Lumia 950, only to find out that my carrier will not offer it thanks to Microsoft. I even would get the Lumia 550, but all I read is only for countries like India. I will not change carriers just to get a windows phone, no matter how much I want it. I have had my current plan for years with my current company and I will not terminate it just to get a phone with a different company. I have 5 lines, unlimited talk, text and web. Since we split the cost, each one of us pays less than $65 a month, including taxes and all that. So what is the point of waiting another year for another super phone from Microsoft if my carrier will not offer it. I am so disappointed at Microsoft right now that maybe the deserve not to succeed in the mobile phone business anymore. I will just have to get an iPhone, something I never wanted to do. But looking at the bright side, iPhones have all the apps you can think of, very cool and stylish case covers and all that, they are compatible with all car manufacturers, oh and my service provider offers them.

MiloTheOne

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I have been able to upgrade my phone for almost two years. I waited and waited for the next Windows Phone all this time. Finally, Microsoft releases the Lumia 950, only to find out that my carrier will not offer it thanks to Microsoft. I even would get the Lumia 550, but all I read is only for countries like India. I will not change carriers just to get a windows phone, no matter how much I want it. I have had my current plan for years with my current company and I will not terminate it just to get a phone with a different company. I have 5 lines, unlimited talk, text and web. Since we split the cost, each one of us pays less than $65 a month, including taxes and all that. So what is the point of waiting another year for another super phone from Microsoft if my carrier will not offer it. I am so disappointed at Microsoft right now that maybe the deserve not to succeed in the mobile phone business anymore. I will just have to get an iPhone, something I never wanted to do. But looking at the bright side, iPhones have all the apps you can think of, very cool and stylish case covers and all that, they are compatible with all car manufacturers, oh and my service provider offers them.

Dude I have at&t 5 lines with 30 gigs and everyone pays $50 a month with the exception of me because I have the next plan. I pay $70 a month. With wifi being everywhere we go no-where near 30 gigs(depending on your Internet provider, comcast gives wifi anywhere there's a hot spot).

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I have 5 lines, unlimited talk, text and web. Since we split the cost, each one of us pays less than $65 a month, including taxes and all that.
Okay. I have 6 lines unlimited talk, text and data and its $24.xx for each line including all taxes and fees. Not sure why you are so committed to holding on to that deal. I can maybe understand staying if there isn't service from other carriers but that's no bargain.

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
David,
You and I are in the same Boat. My 1520 Battery is draining like Crazy. I am on the NEXT plan through ATT and need my upgrade like yesterday . I am so disappointed with Nokia , Microsoft and AT&T.. I really like this Phablet ( 1520) but never had a battery go out like this so soon and not have another device up to par.

I think I'm going to complain to AT&T and Microsoft. I have been a loyal Customer with no issue . I hardly use my Unlimited Grandfathered in Data . I have been very devoted to Windows Mobile since the switch and way before

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I was up our Mall today and stopped in the AT&T store and was lucky enough to talk to the only sales person there who actually uses a Windows Phone, I did ask why none of his fellow sales workers didn't use or try one and he was perplexed by this also and only thing he could think of is they're just use to and comfortable with iPhones and Androids... Crazy, I'm sure that's the case in most AT&T stores which doesn't help WP sales,,,
He did tell me the MS Rep was just there last week and he told him they are definitely carrying the 950XL and it should be released during the first week of November.. Although he said the Rep wasn't sure if the 950 will be released that same week, but he did have a 950XL with him and gave them a demo of the phone and let them play with it and the AT&T sales guy was totally impressed absolutely loved it and is incredibly anxious to get one soon as they get them to replace his 640XL... All good news as far as I'm concerned, also nice to hear MS is sending Reps out to the stores pre-release, hopefully to get all they're ducks in a row for a smooth release..

MiloTheOne

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I was up our Mall today and stopped in the AT&T store and was lucky enough to talk to the only sales person there who actually uses a Windows Phone, I did ask why none of his fellow sales workers didn't use or try one and he was perplexed by this also and only thing he could think of is they're just use to and comfortable with iPhones and Androids... Crazy, I'm sure that's the case in most AT&T stores which doesn't help WP sales,,,
He did tell me the MS Rep was just there last week and he told him they are definitely carrying the 950XL and it should be released during the first week of November.. Although he said the Rep wasn't sure if the 950 will be released that same week, but he did have a 950XL with him and gave them a demo of the phone and let them play with it and the AT&T sales guy was totally impressed absolutely loved it and is incredibly anxious to get one soon as they get them to replace his 640XL... All good news as far as I'm concerned, also nice to hear MS is sending Reps out to the stores pre-release, hopefully to get all they're ducks in a row for a smooth release..

I have gotten simular responses from ATT reps, I can't wait to get a new shine phone. At least with windows phone, from what I've seen and read, stay as responsive as when you unpack them.

OrchidFlame

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
Well, here it is the last week of November and still no 950xl, only the 950. I'm really crossing fingers this is coming to att. I Have a 1520 currently, started back with an HTC HD7(wp7), went to 920, then 1020 (which, please make another camera into a smart phone pleas MS!), then this 1520. I'm a diehard WP person. I just wanna upgrade !!

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Well, here it is the last week of November and still no 950xl, only the 950. I'm really crossing fingers this is coming to att. I Have a 1520 currently, started back with an HTC HD7(wp7), went to 920, then 1020 (which, please make another camera into a smart phone pleas MS!), then this 1520. I'm a diehard WP person. I just wanna upgrade !!
There are quite a few WC members using XLs on AT&T. Carrier phones should be in the "if there aren't ANY other alternatives" category.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb