Lumia 950 XL confirmed for at&t.

MiloTheOne

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Store reps know very little, so I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

I'm not, I'm just hoping that the manager that she asked actually gave her accurate information. She did go to the back and I'm assuming she asked. Just have to wait till November 2nd-ish.

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
That really depends on what plan you have. I have an unlimited plan on at&t and I used over 30 GB of data for a few months when I traveled a lot. No way an unlocked phone would be cheaper for me in that scenario.
I too use AT&T and regardless of your plan, if you're not saving money with an off contact phone that you paid for in full then you're getting ripped off.

I have to admit I haven't checked at&t prices in a few months. How much does it cost to have one smartphone and a 30GB data plan on at&t?

MiloTheOne

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I have to admit I haven't checked at&t prices in a few months. How much does it cost to have one smartphone and a 30GB data plan on at&t?

Depends if it's one line or multiple. The more lines that are open the cheaper it is on everyone. I pay $70.00 on a 5 device plan with 30 gigs, I'm the only one that uses data. Lucky me 😅 My plan would be $50 a month but I have the Next plan.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

Depends if it's one line or multiple. The more lines that are open the cheaper it is on everyone. I pay $70.00 on a 5 device plan with 30 gigs, I'm the only one that uses data. Lucky me �� My plan would be $50 a month but I have the Next plan.

Actually, for a new customer. 30GB a month would be $265/mo for one line. $225/mo for the plan + $40/mo for a smartphone's "device access charge".

Milo, don't ever leave AT&T. You are getting a hell of a deal. A new AT&T customer can only get 300MB with one smartphone and one tablet for $70 a month.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
The pricing scheme is a bit odd.

It starts with a data plan: 30GB is $225, although they sometimes run "double your data" sales that lets you sign up for 15GB ($100) and get 30GB. You then add "device charges" that give you unlimited calling and text. The first one is $40. I think that the second is, too, but that they 3rd and beyond get cheaper. Finally, you get a "discount" for NOT being under a contract. That discount is $15/month if you have a data plan that's less than 10GB or $25/mo for 10GB and higher. So, for you right now, $225 + $40 - $25 = $240.

Moral: look for a sale or stay on a grandfathered unlimited plan if you can.

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
The pricing scheme is a bit odd.

It starts with a data plan: 30GB is $225, although they sometimes run "double your data" sales that lets you sign up for 15GB ($100) and get 30GB. You then add "device charges" that give you unlimited calling and text. The first one is $40. I think that the second is, too, but that they 3rd and beyond get cheaper. Finally, you get a "discount" for NOT being under a contract. That discount is $15/month if you have a data plan that's less than 10GB or $25/mo for 10GB and higher. So, for you right now, $225 + $40 - $25 = $240.

Moral: look for a sale or stay on a grandfathered unlimited plan if you can.

Thanks. That mirrors my own research. Those 30 GB data months made me pause. I think all these different plans work for different people. I've put relatives on at&t mobile share plans years ago. I even bumped up their data during one of at&t sales. They are people who don't use much data. It works for them. The problem I've found is if you are a really heavy at&t data user the bring your own phone plans just don't add up. With my company discount I pay $65 for a 450 min plan with unlimited data. Never use my minutes because of free mobile to mobile calling, nights, and weekends, roll over, etc.

Over the course of a year I have way more 4 GB months than 30 GB months. But when 15 or 30 GB months show up it negates all your savings. Plus I really don't have anyone to share my phone plan with. Not too excited about 2 or 3 other people having access to my phone records. Let's just say my girlfriend and parents are very nosy.

Lawrence Crecy

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I hate to break it to you, but if you are paying $200 with a contracted plan you are still paying $600+ for a phone. Compare current uncoupled plan pricing to yours and factor in the device, it appears you might be surprised. Get that flagship a month after release from Amazon for $0.01 on contract then you are in better shape.

Fyi I pay for a corporate ATT account with a lot of special discounts for being a customer 10+ years with 8+ lines. There's no plan out there that would make it cheaper to go unlocked rather than using my upgrade and paying on contract. With my 60GB corporate plan I already give ATT enough money so when I go into a store to get a phone it's as simple as a phone call to my rep and waving that crazy interest rate. I pay the price of the phone and nothing more unless I upgrade before I pay the phone off then it's just whatever $ I've paid so far and just give att the phone to put towards my new phone.

EJDJr

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Confirmed!

You sir are a tease....or an *****. First off its Nokia Power User (almost as factual as Real Edge Mag)...second they aren't listing any new info. Click any of their source links and they return to old posts containing the same UNOFFICIAL speculation. Lastly, again, the Lumia social account didn't confirm AT&T is getting Lumia 950XL, they confirmed only that the phones are coming. Please for the love of god stop grasping at and spreading rubbish and wait for something official, or at minimum from a reputable source.
....ok i'm done, going to go see what The Onion has to say about consuming meat causing cancer

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
You sir are a tease....or an *****. F. Lastly, again, the Lumia social account didn't confirm AT&T is getting Lumia 950XL,
I was at my local AT&T Store last week and sales person told me the MS Rep was there earlier in the week with a AT&T 950XL in hand putting on a presentation in preparation for next month's release... take it to the bank it's coming!!!

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if it was covered in the other pages but I hope AT&T doesn't mess this one up like they did the 1520. One change will at least be single sim.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if it was covered in the other pages but I hope AT&T doesn't mess this one up like they did the 1520. One change will at least be single sim.
FWIW a single SIM version and a double SIM version of the XL have both been approved by the FCC. Clearly, any US carrier that has a choice would prefer to sell the single SIM version. So count on the AT&T one being a single SIM.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
FWIW a single SIM version and a double SIM version of the XL have both been approved by the FCC. Clearly, any US carrier that has a choice would prefer to sell the single SIM version. So count on the AT&T one being a single SIM.

As long as it's not half the storage memory and a few other things ripped out I'll be happy this time. But I'm more worried about some of the things that have been stripped out of windows 10 to date.

A single sim is more proof a US carrier will be selling it.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
I've been saying since July that AT&T is only getting the Lumia 950 and I still stand by that.

I do not consider NPU a credible source nor chats with AT&T support who's job is to basically tell you whatever you want to hear. I'll dig more on this but I mean, AT&T does not have a landing page for the XL and they do the 950. If they were going to sell both, you think they'd want to announce that at some point.

psurob55

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Daniel is probably right.

That said, I was impatient waiting for these phones when they were announced. The fact it is now "release month" and there is no firm date, I am highly considering bailing and picking up a galaxy of some sort, the LGV10, or maybe even the BlackBerry Priv.

Microsoft has really hung it's fans out to dry on this. If there is no date by Friday, I think I'm going to give android another shot.

d33pth0u9ht

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Enjoy your new Galaxy "of some sort"! So... you are not picky about which Galaxy phone you get, but you are going to punish Microsoft for not making an announcement by the end of the week?

Seriously, we do not care what you are going to buy. Just do it. If a couple of weeks makes that much difference to you, then you need to make the move tonight! Why wait another moment?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234