Lumia 950 XL confirmed for at&t.

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Enjoy your new Galaxy "of some sort"! So... you are not picky about which Galaxy phone you get, but you are going to punish Microsoft for not making an announcement by the end of the week?

Seriously, we do not care what you are going to buy. Just do it. If a couple of weeks makes that much difference to you, then you need to make the move tonight! Why wait another moment?

In his defense, it really does feel like there are literally a dozen different galaxy phones. S6, edge, edge plus, Note 5, A7, A8, J5, V Plus, E7, J1, S6 Active, etc.

I mean, f-ing lol @ Samsung.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
If you're *that* impatient, fill your time like I do: load up the latest Windows 10 build on your daily driver Lumia phone.

You will quickly remember why the new phones aren't released yet. (Though to be fair, it's a lot better than it used to be).

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Which makes me wonder how, if the rumored are true, Win 10 Mobile will be released on 11/12.... I think the current build on my phone would take more than a week to fix 😕

d33pth0u9ht

May 20, 2014
Visit site
This is a good point. Builds are "finished" and then put into the internal ring for a period of time before being made available to us. The improvements between the builds have been significant with 10581 being quite good (I did not say perfect!). Internally, I would expect that they are way ahead of what we have seen to this point.

Also, a release of Win10 Mobile on 11/12 only means that is what they are going to ship the phones with. I would expect a day 1 update whenever the phones are made available.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
This is a good point. Builds are "finished" and then put into the internal ring for a period of time before being made available to us. The improvements between the builds have been significant with 10581 being quite good (I did not say perfect!). Internally, I would expect that they are way ahead of what we have seen to this point.

Also, a release of Win10 Mobile on 11/12 only means that is what they are going to ship the phones with. I would expect a day 1 update whenever the phones are made available.

Someone here said AT&T normally releases new devices on Fridays so if what you say is true then the 950XL could be available on the Friday the 13th.. hmmm friday the 13th?? sounds like a bad omen lol

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Someone here said AT&T normally releases new devices on Fridays so if what you say is true then the 950XL could be available on the Friday the 13th.. hmmm friday the 13th?? sounds like a bad omen lol

or as people have been saying - friday 20th....

AndyD33

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I would go with the 20th. My local store told me the MS rep said pre-black Friday.

And releasing a phone on Black Friday just sounds like a really bad idea in general.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
And releasing a phone on Black Friday just sounds like a really bad idea in general.

Agreed, not a good day to release a new device... I like many of my friends stay as far as possible away from malls, stores ect.... Its just too crazy to try and get near them..

d33pth0u9ht

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Hehe... if I had to guess further, the release on the 12th would be followed by flashing a lot of phones prior to packaging them and shipping them out. A 2-3 week process at minimum... so that would put us at the end of the month or beginning Dec.

I personally cant wait, I held one in the MS store before they were taken down and it is a really nice phone.

Jon_Rubinstein

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Trust me....Phones have been ready and packaged for 20 days!! (wink wink). They were waiting for TH2 so that as soon as you turn on the phone, it will update. There is no need to re-open the packages to re-flash anything.....it is 2015 you know...

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Trust me....Phones have been ready and packaged for 20 days!! (wink wink). They were waiting for TH2 so that as soon as you turn on the phone, it will update. There is no need to re-open the packages to re-flash anything.....it is 2015 you know...
But will it be 2015 when they ship? ..............ducking.

livejazz

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody confirmed, yet, whether or not at&t will be selling the XL? I would love to use my Next plan by design and do away with the last 5 payments on my 1520 for a new 950 XL. Just so not interested in a 5.2" screen after using a 6" screen for two years!

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Has anybody confirmed, yet, whether or not at&t will be selling the XL? I would love to use my Next plan by design and do away with the last 5 payments on my 1520 for a new 950 XL. Just so not interested in a 5.2" screen after using a 6" screen for two years!

I was in your shoes Livejazz: 1520 for 2 years , on NEXT , Didn't want to use 5.2 Screen ,Mad that AT&T didn't carry 950 XL for 1520 owners such as you and I.

Because my 1520 Battery was draining and missing important calls, I dove in and got the 950( reluctantly) on my NEXT plan.The 950 is such a great device that it makes up for the screen size and my device runs Great!! ( no issues) Its been almost 2 weeks and I am used to the screen . My Galaxy Note Edge (5.6) feels like a tank Ha ha .

If your 1520 runs well with no issues .. Keep it a lil longer and wait it out. I still suffer from the size Ghost Effect of a big screen in my hands , but 950 with the Iris Scan , Etc lessens my urge . Plus I do have the Note Edge( but I prefer Windows)

I think it was a very very bad move for Microsoft to leave the faithful and committed AT&T 1520 Phablet user with only the 5.2 950 at launch while over seas carriers are offering it. As soon as something new comes along ( 950 XL , on AT&T or Surface ) I will more than likely grab it. Though the 1520 was big.. I loved it and thought that I deserved an option to choose .

Join the AT&T Community Forum for a quicker response to your original question. I just wanted to share my experience to help you out dear friend

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre