Lumia 950 XL confirmed for at&t.

MiloTheOne

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Been looking for the past few days and finally found this. No worries to those who have at&t.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-15-17-39-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-15-17-39-20.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 56

AgentDiaz

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
I saw this too. I visited the Lumia facebook page just to make sure it was a legit post and hadn't been removed. Has anyone else confirmed that the social media team didn't stick their foot in their mouths?

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Lumia 950 XL confirmed for at&t.

Don't get why att is getting EVERYTHING they're no better than any other carrier as far as updates or support

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
i don't find this as confirmation that at&t will carry the XL, plus, most social media teams are just that, social media teams, not PR people.

Do i want AT&T to carry the XL directly? yes, will it kill me that they don't? nope.

Don't get why att is getting EVERYTHING they're no better than any other carrier as far as updates or support

actually, in the US, they have shown more windows phone support than the other big guys.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 950 XL confirmed for at&t.

While AT&T is pretty much as bad as Verizon on the software side (LOL, 830 Denim), they're better than T-Mobile, who repeatedly abandons software support on WP devices. Sprint doesn't even meaningfully acknowledge the WP devices it gets, it seems. While basically anyone on this site has more WP knowledge than the typical AT&T employee, with regards to the platform. AT&T employees at least don't try to sell you the wrong phone (a Verizon employee almost sold my sister a 928 when she went to get her ICON because the guy didn't know the difference). Remember that this isn't a one-way street of bad support, either.

WC just posted an article about how Verizon is ACTIVELY keeping the new Lumias from its network. It's been the aggressor in the Verizon-Microsoft feud, going back to when it wrecked the Kin devices (which sucked anyway), as it put them on the full-on smartphone data plans, making them irrationally expensive. Verizon employees will openly throw at you that they don't know about/sell Windows Phones, almost as a badge of honor or something. Granted, when I got my 920, the AT&T employee told me I knew more about it than he did, though that was partially because we had a college class together shortly before, and they were launch devices I had read about for weeks and months, while he probably got the generic training from AT&T that didn't go much beyond how to activate and power on the phone.

AT&T's easily the best carrier for the platform, even if AT&T employees kind of suck with it. I honestly don't care. If AT&T gets the XL, I'm golden. I just want that thing, but I can't throw down $700 (after tax) on it like it's nothing. I'd rather not end up with the ugly camera ring on the 950, but if this ends up a ruse or miscommunication, then I'll learn to live with it.

Where AT&T really separates itself, particularly from Verizon, it that promotes the hardware, to a degree.

Lawrence Crecy

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I'll be pissed if att doesn't carry the XL because if I can't use my upgrade to get the XL then Microsoft will lose me as a long time customer for screwing up big time!

They better hope that ATT carries the 950 XL otherwise they won't sell anything.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Actually it's not confirmed for AT&T read the message again it said
both the 950 and XL will be available in November

It doesn't say or anything similar to :
both the 950 and XL will be available in November on AT&T as well

You may read the the first quote to imply it will be available on AT&T given the context however there is no clear answer let alone a confirmation of sorts. They are reiterating what has been said in the past.

Besides you can still buy the 950 and XL unlocked then use it on AT&T, I know what I'd rather do given this option - knowing the shenanigans the US carriers have done in the past.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I'll be pissed if att doesn't carry the XL because if I can't use my upgrade to get the XL then Microsoft will lose me as a long time customer for screwing up big time!
Wait, you blame MS for YOU confining yourself to a carrier hamster wheel? LoL Keep that wheel spinning so you can get whatever treat they see fit to give you. Get off the wheel and you don't have to worry about those things.

lancorp

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Did we confirm the 950XL will be dual SIM in the US? I don't know of many (or any) phones in the US that are dual SIM. The store model looked to be dual SIM. It will be interesting if ATT turns off the 2nd SIM slot or not. Will MS sell an unlocked/no-carrier version?

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Did we confirm the 950XL will be dual SIM in the US? I don't know of many (or any) phones in the US that are dual SIM. The store model looked to be dual SIM. It will be interesting if ATT turns off the 2nd SIM slot or not. Will MS sell an unlocked/no-carrier version?
Ah Microsoft is already accepting pre-orders for unlocked Dual-SIM 950 XL's.

bpm1966

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Slightly off topic: Went to my local AT&T store to check out the 649XL display model. I have to say that I really like the 5.7 screen size, which I believe is the same as the 950XL screen. The salesperson didn't try to discourage me from a Windows phone. She was very helpful and told me that I can keep my old number when I switch from Verizon.

lancorp

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Slightly off topic: Went to my local AT&T store to check out the 649XL display model. I have to say that I really like the 5.7 screen size, which I believe is the same as the 950XL screen. The salesperson didn't try to discourage me from a Windows phone. She was very helpful and told me that I can keep my old number when I switch from Verizon.

Go to a MS Store if you can and look at the 950XL. I'll tell you, the display is one of the best I've seen (the latest Samsung line is probably the "best" right now). If the app selection wasn't so sucky, I'd be getting a 950XL for sure (and sell my iPhone 6). But, apps run the world, and until the Universal App thing takes off, I'm afraid only a fraction of smartphone users are willing to give up their favorite apps in favor of a phone that just looks better.

NEVERMIND -- I just read all 950/XL phones were pulled from the store. Bummer.

Last edited:

bpm1966

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
My contract with Verizon runs out in April 2016. I hope by that time something is worked out for financing the 950xl or an alternative comes along.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)