Windows Central - Land of the Palm Readers

3earnhardt3

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
While I ultimately agree with the OP, I don't think being critical in regards to hardware and software design is a bad thing. The WindowsCentral community is so much better than the fragmented mess that is AndroidCentral. Some people can get a bit emotional in expressing their opinions, but ultimately we all want the same thing, a kick-*** windows phone worthy of being in our pocket 18 hours a day for the next 1-3 years.

anon(631531)

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I came on this forum because i'm interested in the Windows OS. I've tried all the other platforms, and decided that it was time for a change. Some of my friends told me that Windows is just for "gamers", which i found to be not true. What i have found, is that this website reminds me of Crackberry, just before the fall. Way too much negativity here. This place needs to lighten up, big time. See, i'm going to be getting the Lumia 950XL, and i don't care if i have to pay more for it at AT&T, or less for it, at MSFT. That's it, I DON'T CARE what the "nay sayers" say. It's my choice what to buy, and how to pay for it. Now, that being said, if someone wants to buy it for me, i'll gladly give them my address. Just pm me for the details. If you have nothing constructive to say, shut your "pie hole". Semper Fi.:eck:

syspry

May 5, 2015
Visit site
If you're talking about deliberate trolling then yes I agree with you. But as has been stated above, disagreement does not automatically = trolling. when a forum adopts that stance it gets really ugly. I could mention a certain other popular mobile tech site that had to go to the extreme measures recently of having to bring in moderators from an outside source and launch a massive cleanup purge that resulted in bans of not just long time members but even staff who were encouraging it. People were being openly ridiculed for the mildest of honest intention criticisms and not only was a blind eye being turned to it but those who should've done something about it were actively participating. The result? The problem was effectively cut from the site and polite discussion returned. I found the term theefman used above "stepford wives" to be an excellent description of what happens when people start lynching people just for disagreement or criticism. There was a time a few years ago when this site was heading in that direction under previous administrations. If the EIC of Windows Central feels comfortable voicing valid concerns or criticisms in a polite and reasonable manner so should a member be able to without fearing being attacked by a mob who desire to squelch any and all dissenting viewpoints.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
We're only human, we will miss some things every now and then. Rest assured that opposing points of view are encouraged and members should feel free to voice them without any fear of internet bullying.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
We're only human, we will miss some things every now and then. Rest assured that opposing points of view are encouraged and members should feel free to voice them without any fear of internet bullying.
Okay. Can we ask people who say really REALLY REALLY dumb things for their address so we can deal with them in person? Not talking about people who say the merely outrageous or ridiculous. So basically, anyone who disagrees with me.

John M Beauchemin

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
*applause*

I am a faithful and longtime iOS user, being an early iPhone adopter and iPad as well, both on day 1 and still to this day. I have always used Windows OS's for my PCs but never considered myself a Microsoft fan or was interested in anything about the OS other than doing my work on it. With the new direction MS is promoting, the new hardware, the new software... I have to say, I am very interested now in MS products in the same way I used to be interested in Apple. Not just for utility, but for style and vision. And here I am on the verge of selling my iPhone5 and my iPad and investing in MS's entire ecosystem by buying a Lumia950 and a SurfacePro4, and what do I see when I come to the biggest Microsoft fan site on the internet for information?

All I see are trolls and malcontents. In every forum, in every thread. I've never, ever had to block people on a forum I visited before yet for some reason this forum is especially diarrhetic and within a few days of reading threads I started up a block list for people who obviously have nothing to contribute to any discussion other than venom.

I've never seen a fanbase so intent on destroying the very thing they were obsessing about before. Not even in game console forums, or automotive forums. It's... weird. You guys are weird.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Okay. Can we ask people who say really REALLY REALLY dumb things for their address so we can deal with them in person? Not talking about people who say the merely outrageous or ridiculous. So basically, anyone who disagrees with me.
Who you take behind the barn for a deserved whooping is your business and not the responsibility of Windows Central.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
never considered myself a Microsoft fan or was interested in anything about the OS other than doing my work on it. With the new direction MS is promoting, the new hardware, the new software... I have to say, I am very interested now in MS products in the same way I used to be interested in Apple.
I didn't like MS at all in the past despite using Windows and Office because I didn't like the "evilness" of how they did certain things. Now they have been out-eviled so soundly, they had to become "good" because it was the only space left. LoL. So I like them now, not so much about the products which have mostly been okay but because of the newfound morality. BUT, I'm a little worried about their recent attempt to get customers to blame other customers for their behavior; specifically claiming they had to cancel OneDrive space for 15GB users because some other users are tying up 75TB!

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I didn't like MS at all in the past despite using Windows and Office because I didn't like the "evilness" of how they did certain things. Now they have been out-eviled so soundly, they had to become "good" because it was the only space left. LoL. So I like them now, not so much about the products which have mostly been okay but because of the newfound morality. BUT, I'm a little worried about their recent attempt to get customers to blame other customers for their behavior; specifically claiming they had to cancel OneDrive space for 15GB users because some other users are tying up 75TB!

I am re-evaluating my take on Microsoft evilness in light of their attempt to blame so called abusers for price changes they would do anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte