Will there be proper Glass or Plastic Screen Protectors for the new 950 XL?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Will there be proper Glass or Plastic Screen Protectors for the new 950/xl

So i have a lumia 930 and to this day i cannot find a screen protector that properly fits my screen.

Tumultus

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Will there be proper Glass or Plastic Screen Protectors for the new 950/xl

I can't believe you tried them all? Clearly, there must be one that suits your needs?

Either way, screen protectors are made by 3rd party companies, so, sure, you'll find plenty - good ones and bad ones alike.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Do you even need a screen protector for the 950 series? Both have gorilla glass, so that should deter most scratches.

Glass screen protectors protect from more than scratches. They actually protect from drops. So when you drop your phone, the glass protector will shatter and leave your screen untouched. Already tested on gf's iPhones numerous times.

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site

Don't worry the Chinese companies will make the glass protectors and we will be able to get them through amazon for 5-10 each. If lucky XtremeGuard will make them and we can get them during one of their 90% off sales at 3-5 a piece.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Skinomi screen protectors worked perfect on my 930.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I've never used a protector and wouldn't start now after seeing the videos of a tester trying to scratch GG4 even to the point of wacking it hard with a chef's knife. [/url]

I usually used a glass type protector but man after that video Gorilla Glass has really improved from GG3 to GG4, I really don't think a drop could crack GG-4, its like plexi-glass.. How the heck does it not scratch at all when digging a knife into it???

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site

This is my first time buying unlocked phone outright so I too want to make sure nothing ever happens! I already ordered cases yes two of them for my new 950 XL from AMAZON with screen protectors! They two 3rd party products almost the same that I suggest you all take a look!

- Fone-Case
- ONX3

I picked up ONX3 Green and a Clear case's both with Tempered glass.

I also ordered brown leather replaceable back cover for 950 XL from Mozo Accessories to go with me clear case. Customized phone is so awesome!

Should be strong and protected and very awesome custom looking phone.

John M Beauchemin

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I can't remember if I already posted this on here or not, but I was in a motorcycle accident 2 years ago and my iPhone5 was expelled from my front pocket at 40mph and skidded across the pavement. A good Samaritan grabbed it for me and gave it to the paramedics. I'm still using the phone to this day, not a scratch on it... though the battery is completely done and the phone randomly shuts off.

I remember those old clamshell flip phones external displays used to get pretty scuffed up, but that was before they started using materials like Gorilla Glass. I've never seen a smartphone with a scratched or scuffed screen. Smashed? Yeah. But not scratched.

Long story short, I think screen protectors ruin the intended touch experience and look of the device, so I don't use them. On that same note, screen protector technology has come quite a long way over the years and they're much better and clearer now than they used to be. The one the AT&T store put on my fathers iPhone6S is hardly noticeable, and is crystal clear.

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I always get the matte/anti-glare cheap plastic film screen protectors. I really don't know how much 'protection' they provide, and for the cost, I'm willing to take the gamble. I use them mostly because I find glossy screens intolerable to look at and I find if your finger has even the slightest bit of moisture (including day to day sweat and body oil) that it doesn't smoothly glide on the touchscreen. I find the matte screens are much easier to work with. I have noticed when I've replaced some screen protectors that they do have minor scratches (nearly invisible). Personally I think it's worth the $1 to keep my device looking like the day it came off the factory line.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99