10-29-2015 03:03 AM
163 12345 ...
tools
    Ordered my 950 yesterday. The retailer claiming that it will arrive on nov 16:th. (This is in Europe I should point out)
    10-26-2015 05:26 AM
    Yes. Several sites in Sweden has the new phones to preorder. Though they claim deleivery beginning of December. Guess that can change
    10-26-2015 07:23 AM
    Could you please tell me where you ordered it?
    10-26-2015 08:01 AM
    I preordered my 950XL at Tele2 Sweden (Tele2 - Vlkommen till den prisvrda operatren) with an estimated delivery around Dec 7th.
    10-26-2015 08:14 AM
    Tele2 seems to be the only operator that have preorder in Sweden. (Telenor, 3, Telia and Halebop didnt have it)

Or i saw now that Telia had it after checking the link from microsoft store (But i didnt see any ad for it at Telia and it wasnt in the phone list)
    10-26-2015 08:21 AM
    I bought the IPhone 6S Plus a few weeks ago and haven't looked back. If MSFT had put their full power, money and resources behind WP in the first place (instead of putting their best apps out on Android on IOS before WP), then this mess wouldn't be what it is. I'm a long-time Microsoft fan, but if they have given up on WP (and they have), then why should they expect us to support it?
    10-26-2015 08:37 AM
    its a shame too because if the phone was out already or came out this week i would get it. Its easier to wait for something if you know when its happening. But after all these years of broken promises form Microsoft and restarts and "The next version will solve all the problems" I might just have to take a step back for a few months and see how things turn out.

I do hope everything turns out great and the phones review well and WM picks back up
    With MS sloppy way of treating WP users i don't think we can expect anything anymore.
    It's not that they don't have resources to develop WP good enough to compete with others.
    It's not that they couldn't have it ready in time with windows 10 for PC
    They just leave it to the end. leave us to the end.

Since they bought nokia - they pretty much destroyed WP market. No big name for windows anymore, and nothing from MS.
    They stuck this market!!!
    10-26-2015 08:54 AM
    I've been with WP since early days of wp7 and I finally folded and bought a lg g flex 2, new off ebay for $250 a couple days ago. With the insane amount of negative press the past couple weeks, and with even more and more apps just leaving the platform, Daniel's recent articles, Belfiore leaving (and let's be realistic, he is leaving)... it just does not look good.
    izik770 likes this.
    10-26-2015 09:05 AM
    dustin.se it's a Swedish retailer (not an operator)
    10-26-2015 09:28 AM
    I ordered through coolblue and they also stated 6 december 2015
    10-26-2015 09:48 AM
    not only that they have arrived too late with the presentation but the actual release delayed until December? :))) It will be quite something to see the actual interest in those phones after so long the others have released their flagships.
    10-26-2015 09:58 AM
    Tele2 seems to be the only operator that have preorder in Sweden. (Telenor, 3, Telia and Halebop didnt have it)

Or i saw now that Telia had it after checking the link from microsoft store (But i didnt see any ad for it at Telia and it wasnt in the phone list)
    Telenor will also be getting the 950. They aren't sure about the xl though.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    Antonht likes this.
    10-26-2015 10:12 AM
    You need to be blind not to see the reality here. It's clear that MS does not have too much interest in the mobile division. Mediocre presentation of the phones, compared to the other devices they have showed, very late release as it seems with a total lack of precision. You guys who are waiting for these two phones better keep your fingers crossed to get them before Christmas if lucky and with a finished OS, not a still beta buggy build on them. Everybody else manages to actually start the pre-orders and sales shortly after the big announcement: Apple, Google, Samsung. MS seems to be avoiding this for unknown reasons to us; we can only speculate what could be the problem, but as someone here said, the fact that Belfiore decided to "leave for a long time, to spend with his family" is something that smells kinda' fishy.
    I don;t want to spread any bad words but really, from my point of view, MS announced the two phones only to not fall into a despicable state. As for actually starting to sell them, I won't bet on anything sooner than Christmas. Let's face it guys, a company who is excited about their products will start to sell them as soon as they can, they push with any approvals they need to be able to get them out to the waiting users. In this case MS does not care, again.
    bradm77 likes this.
    10-26-2015 10:25 AM
    How do you know they have FCC approval already?
    10-26-2015 11:25 AM
    FCC approval is usually months in advance, often it is one of the first places of leaked new device info.
    10-26-2015 12:20 PM
    I definitely feel the rage like many of you. I need a new phone now and have been waiting for the 950 XL for months. I only want a flagship phone. And yet, no news that AT&T (USA) will even offer the XL variant. Am I stuck with the 950 unless I spend a ghastly $700 on an unlocked one!?! I really don't want to be forced to buy the iPhone 6S... I really dislike the Apple ecosystem and the "cult of Apple" (although since many of my friends have Apple, that's what I would get if I HAD to switch). Android scares me with its bugs, resets, and sluggishness. It's clear mobile hardware is not a priority for MS. Why did they even buy Nokia? Just to let it die? Just to make Nokia the king of low end phones?
    desaideas1 likes this.
    10-26-2015 01:42 PM
    I definitely feel the rage like many of you. I need a new phone now and have been waiting for the 950 XL for months. I only want a flagship phone. And yet, no news that AT&T (USA) will even offer the XL variant. Am I stuck with the 950 unless I spend a ghastly $700 on an unlocked one!?! I really don't want to be forced to buy the iPhone 6S... I really dislike the Apple ecosystem and the "cult of Apple" (although since many of my friends have Apple, that's what I would get if I HAD to switch). Android scares me with its bugs, resets, and sluggishness. It's clear mobile hardware is not a priority for MS. Why did they even buy Nokia? Just to let it die? Just to make Nokia the king of low end phones?
    I have been an Apple HATER since the late 80s. Always idolized Gates, couldn't stand the smarmy and the smug of Jobs. Owned Tandy desktops, Windows 3.1, 3.11, 95, 98, Me, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8 and now 10! Had a Lumia 928, 1020, 1520, HTC One M8 for Windows, then an Icon then back to a 1520 (had a BUNCH of Android Phones before my WP awakening).

I bought a 6S Plus a few weeks ago. Don't let the DPI numbers fool you, it is the most beautiful display I have ever seen on any phone I have ever owned, hands down! The Camera isn't pureview, but it's still pretty good (best camera Apple has ever done I am told). It's fast, fast, fast as hell and I CAN DOWNLOAD PRETTY MUCH ANY APP I WANT FROM THE APP STORE!!!!

Are rows and rows and screens and screens of icons BORING? YES
    Is the system locked down way beyond the bounds of reasonableness? YES
    Am I terrified of dropping it because its not indestructible like a Nokia? YES

Do I have any regrets about buying my first ever Apple device, considering the state and future of Windows Phone? NOPE

Read the handwriting on the wall, WP is dead and the company that created it doesn't even care!!! We've got 8000 different variations of Androids, IPhones and that's pretty what's a viable investment unless you want to live in a dead ecosystem.
    Clinton_O and desaideas1 like this.
    10-26-2015 02:21 PM
    Hey, I think I found a pic of the lady who is actually in charge of Windows Phone marketing and promotion!!!!!

major-league-whitton.jpg
    mariusmuntean and izik770 like this.
    10-26-2015 02:28 PM
    I have been an Apple HATER since the late 80s. Always idolized Gates, couldn't stand the smarmy and the smug of Jobs. Owned Tandy desktops, Windows 3.1, 3.11, 95, 98, Me, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8 and now 10! Had a Lumia 928, 1020, 1520, HTC One M8 for Windows, then an Icon then back to a 1520 (had a BUNCH of Android Phones before my WP awakening).

I bought a 6S Plus a few weeks ago. Don't let the DPI numbers fool you, it is the most beautiful display I have ever seen on any phone I have ever owned, hands down! The Camera isn't pureview, but it's still pretty good (best camera Apple has ever done I am told). It's fast, fast, fast as hell and I CAN DOWNLOAD PRETTY MUCH ANY APP I WANT FROM THE APP STORE!!!!

Are rows and rows and screens and screens of icons BORING? YES
    Is the system locked down way beyond the bounds of reasonableness? YES
    Am I terrified of dropping it because its not indestructible like a Nokia? YES

Do I have any regrets about buying my first ever Apple device, considering the state and future of Windows Phone? NOPE

Read the handwriting on the wall, WP is dead and the company that created it doesn't even care!!! We've got 8000 different variations of Androids, IPhones and that's pretty what's a viable investment unless you want to live in a dead ecosystem.
    This is how I feel. Except I will never purchase an Apple product. I'd rather be blood eagled.
    Sprint51, horseybob and desaideas1 like this.
    10-26-2015 02:31 PM
    This is how I feel. Except I will never purchase an Apple product. I'd rather be blood eagled.
    I felt the same way, but IT....... JUST........... WORKS.

And APPS!!
    mariusmuntean and 920Walker like this.
    10-26-2015 02:32 PM
    What good are preorders if the OS for them isn't ready yet? Microsoft doesn't want to define a solid release date till the phone OS is at least where they can see that it will be ready in time.
    10-26-2015 02:34 PM
    I felt the same way, but IT....... JUST........... WORKS.

And APPS!!
    So does Android... I haven't had any issues with it
    10-26-2015 02:37 PM
    So does Android... I haven't had any issues with it
    My most recent Android experience was a 45 day flirtation with an LG G3. Wasn't as bad as my old Galaxy S3, but I was still doing multiple reboots per week to keep it running fast and smooth. This 6S+ just keeps on trucking, day in and out.
    10-26-2015 02:40 PM
    It's simple. They legally can't accept pre-orders or any kind of order for the devices until they have received final FCC approval.
    I can attest to this, I ran a small business in another industry. The marketing thing is taken pretty seriously. I got fined because my website went live two weeks before I got my official rubber stamp from the government.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-26-2015 03:38 PM
    really? I have a 6, and I find it and the ipad air to be really slow with the latest iOS update. Not to mention the U2 album that keeps popping up no matter how many times i delete it.
    10-26-2015 03:41 PM
163 12345 ...