10-29-2015 02:03 AM
163 ... 567
tools
    To all you people that are trashing Microsoft because they aren't delivering the 950/XL on your timetable, stop whining!! You'll get your toy soon enough, you just have to practice a little patience--otherwise you'll be sent to the corner for some time out.

The 950 will ship when the OS and the hardware are ready. If they shipped it before it was ready, the same people would be complaining about how they shipped it too early..."We're just beta-testers for MS", etc. Besides, Microsoft may have announced it a couple of weeks ago, but we all knew months ago it was coming, and it's not like we haven't waited almost 2 years for a flagship. What's another few weeks?

Lastly, don't you think Microsoft is anxious to get it into your hands? With that in mind, it seems logical to think there must be a good reason that hasn't happened yet.
    Last edited by mcmc08; 10-28-2015 at 01:10 PM.
    10-28-2015 12:32 PM
    We're talking about phones not livers here. MS ecosystem is also being offered on competing platforms with far more superior apps at the moment. Listening to Nadela that won't stop either, so you'll be able to benefit from Azure from any platform.

If MS gets it together and actually gets the OS up to speed, gets the apps on board and up to quality and releases devices on time I'm sure most of us who jumped ship would be happy to go back.

My NL 920 bit the dust 2 weeks ago. I couldn't wait for another phone and would not have gotten the Lumia 950 anyway, because I wasn't convinced on the state of WM10 and the apps. It felt like NL920 launch with WP8 all over again.
    I bought the Galaxy S6 and to be honest I'm pretty happy with it. The screen is incredible, the camera is absolutely awesome (loads super quick and processing is great, it takes great pictures quickly without need for playing around with settings). Touchwiz has been scaled back a lot and Android is not what people over here make it out to be at all, pretty snappy, I haven't seen any lag yet.

I hope MS turns it around and would be happy to go back, but for now I can totally see why so many people are jumping ship. MS is not helping themselves here with fumble after fumble and constant resets.
    Yea, the best thing they can do is make nice with Google. There has already been leaked tech specs of Windows 10 running Android Play Apps, so I am thinking that must be their solution to solving the app store issue.

As for better windows experiences on iPhone, you are right and I am at a complete lost as to how that happens. It really does seem like slap in the face to MS Mobile supporters.
    10-28-2015 12:35 PM
    I remember everyone proclaiming Google's mobile death way back when Android phones were starting to fill the shelves due to the 'App-Gap', but Google persisted, people bought their phones wanting to get away from Apple, and viola. The developers followed.

Now, W10m is about to come out, universal apps, and Microsoft is making a big push to make it as easy as possible for developers to port their code over to WUA. Where Windows mobile used to be a closed system, and the 'Nintendo Wii' of the Big 3, I think Win10m and the new Microsoft is poised to expand in a major way. Now, I don't pretend to know the future, but it looks bright from where I'm sitting. I haven't paid any attention to MS's mobile offerings in the past, but I'm hopping on board now because things are starting to look interesting and iOS and Android are as closed-off and gated as they've ever been.

I'm glad this site isn't just an echo chamber of MS sycophants telling each other how great our chosen platform is, but it sure is overly negative around here. Maybe you all have PTSD from MS's past failings in mobile, or something.
    10-28-2015 12:47 PM
    What's another few weeks?
    What part of constant and instant gratification don't you understand?
    10-28-2015 12:48 PM
    What part of constant and instant gratification don't you understand?
    Nailed it!
    desaideas1 likes this.
    10-28-2015 01:06 PM
    The new phones will be okay.

The ones they come out with after these will have Panos Panay all over them and will be magnificent. End of story. They will be you guys' storied "Surphase Foans"

lol omg bbq

And I'll still be rocking my Lumia 820 cuz I'm pooooooooooo ***

PS the profanity filter is cute
    desaideas1 likes this.
    10-28-2015 01:44 PM
    The only thing sure here in Europe is that Amazon UK will deliver the phones starting with December 12, 2015, but they have neither the dual-sim XL nor the HD-500 dock. In France and Italy it is cheaper but with no delivery dates, in Germany you can buy the phone + dock in the same package but with no dual-sim for XL and in Spain the phones do not exist yet. I think I won't see black 950XL + dock this year here around, and I cannot buy hardware from Microsoft Store here in Romania simply because they have no store although they have here the second base for recruiting programmers after India which is at least 60 times larger...
    10-28-2015 03:17 PM
    A Microsoft representative in my (Northern European) country said the Lumia 950 (XL) will go on sale December 3.
    10-28-2015 03:50 PM
    I remember everyone proclaiming Google's mobile death way back when Android phones were starting to fill the shelves due to the 'App-Gap', but Google persisted, people bought their phones wanting to get away from Apple, and viola. The developers followed.

Now, W10m is about to come out, universal apps, and Microsoft is making a big push to make it as easy as possible for developers to port their code over to WUA. Where Windows mobile used to be a closed system, and the 'Nintendo Wii' of the Big 3, I think Win10m and the new Microsoft is poised to expand in a major way. Now, I don't pretend to know the future, but it looks bright from where I'm sitting. I haven't paid any attention to MS's mobile offerings in the past, but I'm hopping on board now because things are starting to look interesting and iOS and Android are as closed-off and gated as they've ever been.

I'm glad this site isn't just an echo chamber of MS sycophants telling each other how great our chosen platform is, but it sure is overly negative around here. Maybe you all have PTSD from MS's past failings in mobile, or something.
    We have heard this same story song and dance like 3 or 4 times now
    10-28-2015 09:02 PM
    Yea, the best thing they can do is make nice with Google. There has already been leaked tech specs of Windows 10 running Android Play Apps, so I am thinking that must be their solution to solving the app store issue.

As for better windows experiences on iPhone, you are right and I am at a complete lost as to how that happens. It really does seem like slap in the face to MS Mobile supporters.
    Agreed, not just iPhone, MS apps on Android are better as well. I get the whole argument that both those platforms have more users so they have to make sure they have solid apps there, what I don't understand is why can't you have solid and consistent app experiences across the board including WM? If you can't do it yourself for your own platform, how can you expect other devs to do that?
    bradm77 likes this.
    10-28-2015 10:02 PM
    To all you people that are trashing Microsoft because they aren't delivering the 950/XL on your timetable, stop whining!! You'll get your toy soon enough, you just have to practice a little patience--otherwise you'll be sent to the corner for some time out.

The 950 will ship when the OS and the hardware are ready. If they shipped it before it was ready, the same people would be complaining about how they shipped it too early..."We're just beta-testers for MS", etc. Besides, Microsoft may have announced it a couple of weeks ago, but we all knew months ago it was coming, and it's not like we haven't waited almost 2 years for a flagship. What's another few weeks?

Lastly, don't you think Microsoft is anxious to get it into your hands? With that in mind, it seems logical to think there must be a good reason that hasn't happened yet.
    There is no timetable in the US.... other countries are getting ship dates and the US has nothing? We never asked for band 2, surface pro 4 or book... and yet those all got hard release info. The only thing fans have been asking for is a phone with halfway decent specs and performance and an operating system we have loved since 8.1. windows 10m is Microsoft Fxng problem, universal apps are there problem. Just give me a device that is fast and functional. Also, if were whining about this its because were the last damn fans of the work that Microsoft does, its vision and why its better than Google and apple. If I asked you not to suck at life, it would be an insult to injury..... which is what fans are feeling and reflecting back to Microsoft. You want to not suck at life, be communicative and be trustworthy on delivery. simple things......

Anyways, I think you trying to brush aside our sentiment is more detrimental than the sentiment. As a consumer with $700 in my pocket to burn, I want to know when I can buy the damn device and use it. Just plain barbaric to think that's not a valid request and business 101 from community college that we expect Microsoft to meet.
    10-29-2015 01:28 AM
    Blame the US mobile operators for dragging there feet with Windows phone devices. Why should Microsoft bother wasting to much energy with a market that just isn't interested in its mobile devices.
    10-29-2015 01:53 AM
    It looks like all possible angles of this topic have been discussed, so this thread is now closed.

Thank you for your participation.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-29-2015 02:03 AM
163 ... 567