Dropping the ball on the 950XL (950)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
That's not what I was told. The rep specifically told me the preorder was for pick up and will be on hold. Now who right or wrong will be determined.

I don't doubt you but that's not what I was told.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Think about it. No one asked for a credit card as was necessary to pre-order the Surface 4, Surface Book or Band 2. I think that MS was purely gauging what the prerelease interest would be. I stand by my statement above; no credit card required, no preorder.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Think about it. No one asked for a credit card as was necessary to pre-order the Surface 4, Surface Book or Band 2. I think that MS was purely gauging what the prerelease interest would be. I stand by my statement above; no credit card required, no preorder.
Definitely they aren't legally obligated to sell you a phone in the order people signed up on it. But someone pointed out it may have been illegal to do something that met the legal definition of a pre-order if the phone wasn't FCC approved at the time. I told the rep at the store that with no money changing hands it was no contract but the rep assured me they were handling this as if there was and based on the number of people who had already pre-ordered from them that I would get one from their first shipment.

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site

The preorder was suppose to be for $25 that was then waived...

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Clinton_O

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting tired of this. After using windows phone since early 2011 and convincing many iphone and android users to convert I'm thinking to convert my self!
I need a new phone right now.
No date or pre-orders on lumia 950 XL
Windows 10 for phone probably won't be ready in time
Microsoft still investing more on other platforms and leave us WINDOWS PHONE USERS to be last
SO MICROSOFT - IF YOU HAVE DISRESPECT TO YOUR MOST LOYAL USERS - i might just go and buy other
platform.
I'm really sick of Microsoft management on everything related to THEIR OWN OS.
Seems like a bunch of kids either google it's self running this devision.
Microsoft SHAM ON YOU!
If windows phone will fail that's 1000000 % on you!

Same way I feel, my 920 has been dying on me since early this year and in june I finally had to switch to a temp iphone 5s to hold me over until these phones come out. Unfortunately this 5s was second hand and not in great shape so I desperately need a new phone and have been itching to get back to wp.

But the state of the OS, lack of apps and next to no info on the availability of the phones has my looking towards getting a 6s + this week since this 5s wont make it to the end of Nov or whenever they feel like finally releasing these new phones.

Its crazy I have been with wp since summer 2011 and stuck through all of these ups and downs but i have honestly had enough of all these nonsense constantly going on over there at microsoft with the mobile team. Its always the mobile team.

izik770

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Same way I feel, my 920 has been dying on me since early this year and in june I finally had to switch to a temp iphone 5s to hold me over until these phones come out. Unfortunately this 5s was second hand and not in great shape so I desperately need a new phone and have been itching to get back to wp.

But the state of the OS, lack of apps and next to no info on the availability of the phones has my looking towards getting a 6s + this week since this 5s wont make it to the end of Nov or whenever they feel like finally releasing these new phones.

Its crazy I have been with wp since summer 2011 and stuck through all of these ups and downs but i have honestly had enough of all these nonsense constantly going on over there at microsoft with the mobile team. Its always the mobile team.

I hear more and more WP users saying the same.
It's either Microsoft wishes to kill this platform, for god knows what reason, or hell I DON'T KNOW!!!
It's just super ridicules the way MS treating US.

Maybe this company doesn't deserve such loyal customers after all!

I also start looking for Iphone 6s plus. can't believe I'm doing it - but this is it.
Apple is winning not because they're better - because Microsoft is getting worse then ever!

After representing windows phone all over for so many people - I can't really believe that's the end of it for me!
:-(

venki m

May 8, 2015
Visit site
If Any of my friend ask a suggestion to buy new phone ill give him a choice....

Cheap - Android
Good - IPhone
Best - Microsoft.

I guess I need to reorder the position of the brand after reading this forum.. :(.....Microsoft is delaying so much to release Windows 10.. IOS 9 is released already... Releasing Lumia 950 are delayed.. Making better apps are delayed.... Not sure any of the Microsoft employees are reading this...

Clinton_O

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I hear more and more WP users saying the same.
It's either Microsoft wishes to kill this platform, for god knows what reason, or hell I DON'T KNOW!!!
It's just super ridicules the way MS treating US.

Maybe this company doesn't deserve such loyal customers after all!

I also start looking for Iphone 6s plus. can't believe I'm doing it - but this is it.
Apple is winning not because they're better - because Microsoft is getting worse then ever!

After representing windows phone all over for so many people - I can't really believe that's the end of it for me!
:-(
its a shame too because if the phone was out already or came out this week i would get it. Its easier to wait for something if you know when its happening. But after all these years of broken promises form Microsoft and restarts and "The next version will solve all the problems" I might just have to take a step back for a few months and see how things turn out.

I do hope everything turns out great and the phones review well and WM picks back up

DjeTe

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Several sites in Sweden has the new phones to preorder. Though they claim deleivery beginning of December. Guess that can change

Antonht

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Tele2 seems to be the only operator that have preorder in Sweden. (Telenor, 3, Telia and Halebop didnt have it)

Or i saw now that Telia had it after checking the link from microsoft store (But i didnt see any ad for it at Telia and it wasnt in the phone list)

bradm77

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I bought the IPhone 6S Plus a few weeks ago and haven't looked back. If MSFT had put their full power, money and resources behind WP in the first place (instead of putting their best apps out on Android on IOS before WP), then this mess wouldn't be what it is. I'm a long-time Microsoft fan, but if they have given up on WP (and they have), then why should they expect us to support it?

izik770

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
its a shame too because if the phone was out already or came out this week i would get it. Its easier to wait for something if you know when its happening. But after all these years of broken promises form Microsoft and restarts and "The next version will solve all the problems" I might just have to take a step back for a few months and see how things turn out.

I do hope everything turns out great and the phones review well and WM picks back up

With MS sloppy way of treating WP users i don't think we can expect anything anymore.
It's not that they don't have resources to develop WP good enough to compete with others.
It's not that they couldn't have it ready in time with windows 10 for PC
They just leave it to the end. leave us to the end.

Since they bought nokia - they pretty much destroyed WP market. No big name for windows anymore, and nothing from MS.
They stuck this market!!!

rld082982

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I've been with WP since early days of wp7 and I finally folded and bought a lg g flex 2, new off ebay for $250 a couple days ago. With the insane amount of negative press the past couple weeks, and with even more and more apps just leaving the platform, Daniel's recent articles, Belfiore leaving (and let's be realistic, he is leaving)... it just does not look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786