Trying to Understand the Band Frequency!

VimalC

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
No this is not about Verizon :p

Hey People... I've been reading a lot about the LTE Bands and Frequency that comes with the 950 / 950 XL.

I'm trying to understand just one thing: Does the phone support all these band or are they going to come in different variants?

If one phone supports all these bands that means I can buy the phone from anywhere in the world as I can see it has the bands I require.

Thank you.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
In trying to find the specs page, I have noticed that only the global page has one, but the US page doesn't.

Global: Microsoft Lumia 950 XL Specifications - Microsoft - Global

US: Microsoft Lumia 950 XL - Smartphones - Microsoft - USA

The features page just tells "features" and not specs. Anyway, it's hard to guess, because I know in the past, there was an Americas version and an International version. When a specs page appears, I think then a true comparison can be had (unless someone knows something I don't).

tedj101

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
The unlocked international version sold by Microsoft will include I think it was 14 bands (two or three of which were special bands for the hearing impaired). I have the international version of the 640XL and it also supports 14 bands. This information is available on the MS web site...

<TED>

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
...Does the phone support all these band...

This is part of the plan going forward. Instead of pandering to country by country, carrier by carrier radio firmware, Factory Unlocked will use a scattergun approach to cover most of the world in terms of frequency.

FTW

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs