Microsoft has no business selling the 950XL (950)

Status
Not open for further replies.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft has no business selling the 950XL (950). It is bad enough that third party apps are getting pulled, but if you are going to pull all your own apps (photsynth, MSN, Bing Vision), then just shut down your mobile department and stop trying to sell unknowing people devices for a department you are getting ready to obviously bail on. Dispicable.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
If I'm not mistaking those apps are gone long time ago, thought I still have photosynth (I don't use it). So you are whining too late now

Ps. I just searched photosynth in store, 14!! apps with this name. WP Store seems like Androids Play Store with all cr..p. Wonder where did 700K apps came from that MS was reporting

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Lol don't worry MS will pull the plug if w10 doesn't attract enough devs and/if the user-base doesn't grow :p

ksj1

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Wow. 3 apps is not "all" their apps by any stretch. Taking a look in the Store, there appear to be 528 Apps and 126 Games from Microsoft.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Wow. 3 apps is not "all" their apps by any stretch. Taking a look in the Store, there appear to be 528 Apps and 126 Games from Microsoft.

Especially when they stated that many of the features of the apps that were retired are being rolled into the base camera app.

o4komodo

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft has no business selling the 950XL (950). It is bad enough that third party apps are getting pulled, but if you are going to pull all your own apps (photsynth, MSN, Bing Vision), then just shut down your mobile department and stop trying to sell unknowing people devices for a department you are getting ready to obviously bail on. Dispicable.
Bing vision was turned into a lens for the camera app.
So really two apps... never used either one so can't say much about it.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Who said they were going to bail?

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Every successful business has to ask themselves which customers are hurting them, which lines of business are worth keeping, which products and services are worth keeping. In my business we have fired large customers in order to better service more valuable customers, and we have killed formerly core products that were not part of our vision for the future. Those aren't always easy decisions, but companies that fail to do this are destined to fail. Our customers sometimes complained and failed to understand why we did what we did, but so far it has worked out well for us.

I applaud MS for killing these apps as they existed.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site

I for one am looking forward to the 950.

BTW, those apps you mentioned are being replaced or apps that had little use and little function.

etc6849

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I think it will sway developers back; especially with their cleaver API implementation for Cortana. However, Google just announced a similar API for Google Now in June, so who knows...

I may not buy a WP, but I might buy an Xbox One if it supported universal apps and worked with Cortana, and let me control anything in my home. There are some neat possibilities there.
Lol don't worry MS will pull the plug if w10 doesn't attract enough devs and/if the user-base doesn't grow :p

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

if they got pulled there was a reason, either they worked poorly, got made into another app or people simply didn't use it. There are over 600 apps/games on the store by ms and you say 3 is all of them.??

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
WP Store seems like Androids Play Store with all cr..p.

All app stores have crap, and the Play Store is no different. It's pretty disingenuous to insinuate that everything on the Play Store is crap though, regardless of how many people hit the Like button on your post. There are apps and games on the Play Store that I would give my right nut to have on my Lumia's.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
all app stores have crap, and the play store is no different. It's pretty disingenuous to insinuate that everything on the play store is crap though, regardless of how many people hit the like button on your post. There are apps and games on the play store that i would give my right nut to have on my lumia's.

exactly

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
All app stores have crap, and the Play Store is no different. It's pretty disingenuous to insinuate that everything on the Play Store is crap though, regardless of how many people hit the Like button on your post. There are apps and games on the Play Store that I would give my right nut to have on my Lumia's.

There are lots of apps in the play store I would give various body parts for. I am hoping that once w10m starts rolling next year, most dev's will port over. Its such a simple process compared to developing a complete new app for the windows phone user base. I think there will be a surge of apps coming once w10 is released. BTW, is that the 950 xl in your photo? what phone is it next to?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thread Cleansed...

Since we can't play nicely, I'm also locking the ball away.

Hopefully it is a lovely day/evening/night outside where you live. Enjoy something or someone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos