950XL Waiting Room

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: 950XL waiting room.

I know I just want to know the expected shipping date in Australia if its not before December the 25 I will have to get another Android phone to hold me over till they hit Thailand. :/

I would have to almost certainly believe that the ship date is before Christmas. If not, we're talking a 2016 release at which point MS might as well just pack it in and wait for next year's model.

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

I wonder if the 950/XL will be released before there is a 'Leak' about the Surface phone. That might not be good. I can see people waiting for the Surface phone.

I'm going to try for the XL or the 950 at least. I'm on a 920, and have waited patiently. I'd be a little upset if I got an XL and found out the Surface was coming with pen support within 12 months.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

I wonder if the 950/XL will be released before there is a 'Leak' about the Surface phone. That might not be good. I can see people waiting for the Surface phone.

I'm going to try for the XL or the 950 at least. I'm on a 920, and have waited patiently. I'd be a little upset if I got an XL and found out the Surface was coming with pen support within 12 months.

I think you can count on the next flagship coming with pen support and it will be in 2016.
Whether its the surface phone, thats another matter...

Michkol

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site

I think 950XL is gonna be my first WP phone...
Android user all the way but it's time for a change.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site

I think you can count on the next flagship coming with pen support and it will be in 2016.
Whether its the surface phone, thats another matter...
Since the 950s have the hardware for pen support, I think there is a good chance the software will be updated to support it. Like they did with 4K video recording with the 1520's. I certainly am glad they didn't delay the 950s even longer for software improvements.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site

I think 950ZL is gonna be my first WP phone...
Android user all the way but it's time for a change.
Good move, if apps aren't an issue. I feel WM is clearly the most enjoyable and aesthetically pleasing OS. If you could erase people's memories and hand them an Android, iPhone and Windows phone, I think WM would be the first pick by a healthy majority.

Michkol

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site

Well, those main apps I use are available for WP, but I'm confident that more apps are coming with these two baby's. ;)

Jair Silva

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site

I ended up grabbing a samsung Edge 6 plus with Android, could not wait anymore and might pay full price for the 950XL when they come out... Maybe...

Simply Awesome

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site

You seem to have 3 options, clove.co.uk, unlocked-mobiles.com or amazon.co.uk. Microsoft.co.uk store doesn't seem to be in stock. Personally I went with amazon.

Thanks for unlocked-mobiles.com; I already knew about the others.

However, I was looking for the dual sim version. I know Amazon.de and Amazon.fr have these on Pre-Order, but I am wary of international delivery issues...

I'll wait till closer to the end of the month, hopefully clover.co.uk or amazon.co.uk would come through.

Last edited:

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site

I ended up grabbing a samsung Edge 6 plus with Android, could not wait anymore and might pay full price for the 950XL when they come out... Maybe...

Couldn't wait a couple more weeks? Wow. My 925 is literally falling apart, but I'm sticking it out.

Just pick up a 640XL off ebay or craigs till the 950XL is released.. I sold my Note 4 and grabbed a practically new 640XL for $100, figure once I get my 950XL I'll sell the 640XL for $75-100..

MerlotC

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site

I'm waiting to see the 950 and 950xl in person before deciding on which one. I have a feeling the xl is going to be too big for what I want.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

I'm waiting to see the 950 and 950xl in person before deciding on which one. I have a feeling the xl is going to be too big for what I want.

Me too... I actually used the dimensions to draw a rectangle on some paper today. I stuck my 920 in the outline to see how it compared.

John M Beauchemin

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site

I haven't held a 950 yet, but I have used the 950XL and I think it was too big. It didn't even fit in my shirt front pocket.

vincentwansink

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

If they do get a price cut shortly after becoming available I hope MS will issue refunds to early adopters. I'm already making my budget nervous with the $649 price.

Microsoft store rep told me they offer 30 day price protection. This is in Canada. Not sure if it's the same in other countries.

vincentwansink

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

I did the same thing, and holding both in my hands it was actually a pretty tough choice. Although I've never had such a large phone (using 1020 right now) I really preferred the size of the XL, but I preferred the look of the 950. I actually really liked the ring around the camera. I ended up choosing the XL.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com

Holding the XL, it seems smaller than you would think. I even put it in my front jeans pocket and it fit just fine. Even seemed useable one-handed. On the flip side, the 640XL was a bit unwieldy when I tried it out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb