01-16-2016 09:46 PM
1,799 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    I bought the Nokia Qi charger in anticipation of the 950XL. It's orange, and always cold and lonely.
    11-06-2015 08:32 AM
    http://www.amazon.com/TUDIA-Full-Mat...pUvbUpU3282414.

It looks like it is pretty good quality. I would rather that it had openings for the buttons, but other than that, it looks like it is very nice quality, and it is the first TPU case I have ever bought that I did not have to leave out for days to let the smell go away. I am hoping the ring around the camera protrudes enough so that when you set it down, it protects the camera protrusion. They sell different colors as well. Amazon has a lot of different cases already, and I am sure we will see a lot more. That is why I find it funny when people complain about the plastic of the 950's. No matter what phone people buy, they almost all have a cover on them, so all we really need are some very nice looking covers. All you ever see is the front of a phone, and the front of the 950 will look like pure glass, which I like the look of.
    Bartdog and jmajid like this.
    11-06-2015 09:45 AM
    Oh, and I have 3 wireless chargers (2 from my 920 and a new Nokia stand up one that was on sale and I could not resist), also cold as I have been using a 640 running Windows 10 insider builds, so I will be able to give it a quick charge anywhere around the house if needed, which I will probably need up front when I get it and will be playing with it all the time! I thought of buying a glass screen protector as well, but am debating if it really needs it with Gorilla Glass 4, and will wait for reviews of the different ones that are available.
    11-06-2015 09:50 AM
    So now that there are confirmed ship dates for the 950/XL in several other countries WP10 is clearly not holding up this phone. Obviously there are no manufacturing issues either. No word on USA release dates, preorders, or anything else for that matter since Oct 6th. Can we finally acknowledge that M$ just doesn't care about the US release of these devices?
    11-06-2015 11:31 AM
    I still can't believe people still use M$. You should put the blame more on the carries in the US than Microsoft.
    11-06-2015 11:49 AM
    I can't believe people still type M$.
    Bartdog likes this.
    11-06-2015 12:12 PM
    I still can't believe people still use M$. You should put the blame more on the carries in the US than Microsoft.
    True... It's At&t's problem. B&H already started preorders for International Dual-Sim Variant. So it's not that products not coming to US, it's just At&t being ****ty.
    rxc13 likes this.
    11-06-2015 12:13 PM
    Honestly pre-orders mean nada, B&H says expected ship date of Dec. 15th.. That's just a shot in the dark, they don't know anymore then we do when it will be released.. just they're guesstimate, I would bet we'll have them on or within the next 2 weeks..
    11-06-2015 12:23 PM
    You should put the blame more on the carries in the US than Microsoft.
    I don't understand. I don't use a phone that came from a carrier and can't imagine a circumstance when I ever would. I'm buying my 950XL from Microsoft or B&H or anyone but a carrier. So how are the carriers responsible for the delays? Microsoft builds them. Microsoft sells them directly. How can Microsoft not be responsible for when I can buy one?
    11-06-2015 12:46 PM
    I don't understand. I don't use a phone that came from a carrier and can't imagine a circumstance when I ever would. I'm buying my 950XL from Microsoft or B&H or anyone but a carrier. So how are the carriers responsible for the delays? Microsoft builds them. Microsoft sells them directly. How can Microsoft not be responsible for when I can buy one?
    Well, maybe because they are negotiating with a carrier about having an exclusive for a limited time? I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.

<TED>
    11-06-2015 12:59 PM
    Honestly pre-orders mean nada, B&H says expected ship date of Dec. 15th.. That's just a shot in the dark, they don't know anymore then we do when it will be released.. just they're guesstimate, I would bet we'll have them on or within the next 2 weeks..
    I agree. A week before thanksgiving sounds about right.
    11-06-2015 01:06 PM
    According to your other posts, the phones you get from B&H aren't the US version. The carriers(AT&T) are holding up the process. The 950 just cleared the FCC. Why did it take 2 weeks longer to clear than the 950XL? Microsoft is already taking pre-orders for the 950XL because they are selling them unlocked versus the 950 which is said to be an AT&T exclusive. I'm willing to bet AT&T is making Microsoft wait on releasing the 950XL to coincide with when they are ready/willing to launch the 950
    Mark Kaplan and rxc13 like this.
    11-06-2015 01:32 PM
    Do you think Microsoft will offer the Display dock or a wireless charger with pre orders?
    11-06-2015 03:11 PM
    Do you think Microsoft will offer the Display dock or a wireless charger with pre orders?
    That would be nice, but I doubt it since nothing has been said thus far. There's still time, of course.
    11-06-2015 04:35 PM
    Microsoft is already taking pre-orders for the 950XL because they are selling them unlocked versus the 950 which is said to be an AT&T exclusive. I'm willing to bet AT&T is making Microsoft wait on releasing the 950XL to coincide with when they are ready/willing to launch the 950
    I'm not sure MS would hold up releasing 2 flagship phones Worldwide just to pacify one US carrier which is #2 in the US?? I mean you walk into a AT&T store and its hard to even find where the Windows phones are, I might believe they'd hold up US releases but Worldwide?? Windows Phones have they're largest market share in other countries such as France and Italy, wouldn't be smart to **** off countries where they actually have a decent market share for the sake of AT&T who seems to care very little about windows phones.. Just my thoughts on the subject..
    I really think the OS is the hold up... They want to dot all the i's and cross all the T's, they can't afford to release a buggy Windows Phone 10 OS disaster, it would shine badly on Windows 10 as a whole and right now Windows 10 is they're #1 concern..
    11-06-2015 05:25 PM
    To pass the time while waiting, I decided to visit a couple of AT&T stores and see what all they have available and what they know about the new phones.

I thought the 950XL was an expensive phone at $650. What I did not realize is that a comparable iPhone 6S+ or Galaxy or Blackberry Priv flagship device is between $750-$950. So now I feel even better about it.

The reps know next to nothing of course, but one guy at the first store, a company-owned one, was able to look it up "yeah, we'll have that one but it doesn't say when." At that store they had the 640XL and 640 gophone on display.

At the second store, an "authorized reseller," they knew even less, and only had one Windows device on display, a 635. The guy had not heard anything about a 950, but got real excited when I explained Continuum.
    libra89 and Bartdog like this.
    11-06-2015 10:07 PM
    I'm not sure MS would hold up releasing 2 flagship phones Worldwide just to pacify one US carrier which is #2 in the US?? I mean you walk into a AT&T store and its hard to even find where the Windows phones are, I might believe they'd hold up US releases but Worldwide?? Windows Phones have they're largest market share in other countries such as France and Italy, wouldn't be smart to **** off countries where they actually have a decent market share for the sake of AT&T who seems to care very little about windows phones.. Just my thoughts on the subject..
    I really think the OS is the hold up... They want to dot all the i's and cross all the T's, they can't afford to release a buggy Windows Phone 10 OS disaster, it would shine badly on Windows 10 as a whole and right now Windows 10 is they're #1 concern..
    You took that out of context with the rest of the conversation. The point I was making was in reference to why other countries have a release date and the US doesn't. Somebody made the comment that Microsoft (M$) doesn't care about the US market and is only concerned about the global.
    11-06-2015 10:14 PM
    640 xl , 950 xl it seems window phone will not see the light , they are behind , behind android and ios
    11-07-2015 12:10 AM
    Maybe they don't want to give out a release date because they are going to be releasing it earlier than the other countries. They know they will be finished Windows 10 mobile by the release dates other countries have been getting but don't know enough to give an early release date to North America.
    geekladyemjay likes this.
    11-07-2015 12:56 AM
    They are doing it, lets wait ..Good things are coming :).....
    We've been hearing this since 2009 :(
    And wait for what? The phones will probably be ok but the ecosystem is quite behind other players. I don't generally play games on my phone (maybe a few puzzles) and don't need the banking apps or snapchat, and even so I feel the difference between the appmarkets on my Android and WPhone. For a teenager it is even worse.
    11-07-2015 03:51 AM
    You took that out of context with the rest of the conversation. The point I was making was in reference to why other countries have a release date and the US doesn't. Somebody made the comment that Microsoft (M$) doesn't care about the US market and is only concerned about the global.
    Sorry, my bad.. Thats what happens when I go right to unread messages, lose the train of references from which post was submitted..
    maevinj likes this.
    11-07-2015 06:39 AM
    I have had screen protector for weeks and the case was delivered a week ago.
    11-07-2015 09:58 AM
    So now that there are confirmed ship dates for the 950/XL in several other countries WP10 is clearly not holding up this phone. Obviously there are no manufacturing issues either. No word on USA release dates, preorders, or anything else for that matter since Oct 6th. Can we finally acknowledge that M$ just doesn't care about the US release of these devices?
    W10M is reportedly done. Microsoft has lined up a press event November 12 to talk about the Windows 10 Mobile release (including OTA updates for existing phones) as well as Xbox updates and the release of the fall refresh of Windows 10. I would expect preorders to go live then with shipping to follow. November 20 has been the rumored release date for the AT&T 950.

You see? It's all going according to plan.
    11-07-2015 10:14 AM
    in Sweden you get Microsoft Display Dock with the phone for "free"
    11-07-2015 12:06 PM
    I love my L1020 so I've been waiting and waiting. Does anyone have a good rumor of when AT&T will offer the L950? I've read it's 11/20 but it looks like a rumor.
    11-07-2015 12:43 PM
1,799 ... 910111213 ...