01-16-2016 10:46 PM
1,799 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    So now I have 3 950XL phones on order. One pre-ordered at a B&M Microsoft store. One on microsoftstore.com. And a dual-SIM 950XL from B and H.
    Ooooh. Dopplegangers DO exist.

Unless your MS orders aren't both black or your B&H order isn't white. But I'd rather not know than shatter the illusion.
    11-17-2015 06:03 PM
    I verified that the 950/xl will work on Net10... can't complain about $50/month unlimited text/talk and 5gb unthrottled 4g lte speeds.... no I'm not a sales person for net10
    11-17-2015 06:05 PM
    My order shows shipped. I even got a tracking number :)
    Is it through UPS or FedEx, and did you select the fastest shipping option? Care to post a picture (with private info not shown of course)?
    11-17-2015 06:09 PM
    I'm not saying there are BIG risks or likely problems. My philosophy is jump at any risk with good payoff odds but avoid any with no or little payoff (for me) regardless of the magnitude of the risks.
    I do not know what differences there will be, but AT&T has made some huge changes to other phones. One that does not apply to windows phone, but does to Android, is having text read over Bluetooth and dictating replies. With AT&T they have removed that functionality, there may be ways to add it in, but it is difficult. AT&T also has routinely removed network functions. I do not know why one needs this, but some people do. In past phones, you could restrict phones from using 4G, but use 3G instead, not on AT&T. There have been a couple others that effected Windows Phone in the past, but I cannot think of them off the top of my head.
    11-17-2015 06:13 PM
    I verified that the 950/xl will work on Net10... can't complain about $50/month unlimited text/talk and 5gb unthrottled 4g lte speeds.... no I'm not a sales person for net10
    I can't tell from their site can you use the 5gb for the hotspot on the phone?
    11-17-2015 06:33 PM
    "We are much glad to do business with you and really appreciate you considering Net10 as your service provider. However, we are currently not supporting hotspot with our Bring Your Own Phone services."

That's a bummer...
    geekladyemjay likes this.
    11-17-2015 06:40 PM
    Ooooh. Dopplegangers DO exist.

Unless your MS orders aren't both black or your B&H order isn't white. But I'd rather not know than shatter the illusion.
    Hehe, my two MS orders are white, and the dual-SIM B&H order is black.
    11-17-2015 06:41 PM
    Hehe, my two MS orders are white, and the dual-SIM B&H order is black.
    Wow. Bizarro Dopplegangers DO exist.
    11-17-2015 07:14 PM
    So AT&T are shipping out 950s immediately. Come on, MS! Defy your own memo and get the xl in stores Friday!
    geekladyemjay, jayk82 and libra89 like this.
    11-17-2015 07:42 PM
    So AT&T are shipping out 950s immediately. Come on, MS! Defy your own memo and get the xl in stores Friday!
    That would be great but given how little and/or contradicting information you get from MS Store agents, I would be surprised MS could pull this off logistically
    11-17-2015 08:04 PM
    I'm with you music man.
    jayk82 likes this.
    11-17-2015 08:09 PM
    I'm trying at least one more Windows Phone--my 6th one. I'm not thrilled about the low key design and Microsoft's lack of enthusiasm for Windows Phone but I just pre-ordered the 950 XL. If Android wasn't a cesspool or if Apple knew what to program Window's software I would have jumped ship before this. I'm still hoping for Windows Phone but I'm afraid this may be my last Windows Phone. But I'll be very glad if I get pleasantly surprised about the future of WM over the next year or two. I was going to get the 950 but decided the free Display Port offer for the 950 XL tipped the balance.
    11-17-2015 08:24 PM
    Isnt the MicrosoftStore version also Dual SIM? I heard all 950 XLs are dual-sims.
    I ordered mine from Microsoft.

Nilesh
    11-17-2015 08:33 PM
    Just a quick wtf moment. Was at a local mall to look at the new gigantic iPad Pro (since I returned my pos fauly second surface pro 4 today, UGH)

Stopped by the microsoft store just in case they received the 950xl. A very well informed associate quickly proceeded to tell me that there is no official release date from MS.

Who the hell hires these people?
    11-17-2015 09:37 PM
    I kinda hope AT&T has a Black Friday deal for the 950XL.
    11-17-2015 10:37 PM
    Considering they are not going to be carrying the 950XL this seems a bit impossible.
    11-17-2015 10:45 PM
    Pre-ordered the white 950XL at Microsoft in NJ. Glad the dock is included.
    metalb00 likes this.
    11-17-2015 10:49 PM
    Thanksgiving...Fantastic, since Massachusetts doesn't allow stores to be open on thanksgiving. Microsoft needs a retail lesson or two from Apple.
    11-17-2015 10:59 PM
    I have waited for Microsoft's "Flagship" for way over a year. When my contract was up from the old Lumia 900 the 1520 was months old. Rumors suggested a Lumia 1525 was soon to be released and I waited. I'm still waiting.
    I watched the entire October 6th event. I had decided to buy either the Lumia 950 or the Lumia 950 XL outright at the Microsoft brick and mortar store the day they were out. I wanted to hold them and decide which I liked.
    My old 900 isn't charging and I need to buy one of these phones soon. Today I see that Microsoft has "sold out" of the 950XL and won't have them again until December 11th.
    I really wanted to keep supporting Microsoft but really? There is never a shortage of iphones on all carriers. How can Microsoft gain marketshare if they can't have more than enough phones available in their own stores for people who want to buy them? Do they think this "out of stock" game makes them look popular?
    I swear I'm starting to believe they intentionally discourage people from buying their phones.
    I won't wait until December 11th for a Windows phone. If I can't easily buy one in person by November 30th I'm done with Microsoft.
    11-17-2015 11:01 PM
    Thanksgiving...Fantastic, since Massachusetts doesn't allow stores to be open on thanksgiving. Microsoft needs a retail lesson or two from Apple.
    You mean like making the rest of the country wait another day so MA people won't have hurt feelings?
    11-17-2015 11:11 PM
    I have waited for Microsoft's "Flagship" for way over a year. When my contract was up from the old Lumia 900 the 1520 was months old. Rumors suggested a Lumia 1525 was soon to be released and I waited. I'm still waiting.
    I watched the entire October 6th event. I had decided to buy either the Lumia 950 or the Lumia 950 XL outright at the Microsoft brick and mortar store the day they were out. I wanted to hold them and decide which I liked.
    My old 900 isn't charging and I need to buy one of these phones soon. Today I see that Microsoft has "sold out" of the 950XL and won't have them again until December 11th.
    I really wanted to keep supporting Microsoft but really? There is never a shortage of iphones on all carriers. How can Microsoft gain marketshare if they can't have more than enough phones available in their own stores for people who want to buy them?
    But are you at least happy for all who got their orders in?
    11-17-2015 11:20 PM
    The Microsoft Store will start selling the phones in the store on the 25th, so...
    11-18-2015 12:05 AM
    Just a quick wtf moment. Was at a local mall to look at the new gigantic iPad Pro (since I returned my pos fauly second surface pro 4 today, UGH)

Stopped by the microsoft store just in case they received the 950xl. A very well informed associate quickly proceeded to tell me that there is no official release date from MS.

Who the hell hires these people?
    Truly they didn't receive word about the 950XL yet. They did well not to promise you a date as they only have confirmation for the 950. Please don't ask questions that you feel you know the answer to only to put down people when they don't say what you want them to.
    litster likes this.
    11-18-2015 12:26 AM
    I really wanted to keep supporting Microsoft but really? There is never a shortage of iphones on all carriers. How can Microsoft gain marketshare if they can't have more than enough phones available in their own stores for people who want to buy them? Do they think this "out of stock" game makes them look popular?
    I swear I'm starting to believe they intentionally discourage people from buying their phones.
    I won't wait until December 11th for a Windows phone. If I can't easily buy one in person by November 30th I'm done with Microsoft.
    Dude you sound mad after making a bunch of personal decision.

1. Waiting on a rumor phone.
    2. Not looking at the specs and referencing phone on the market of similar size. I actually cut up some cardboard to size and compared it to a Nexus.
    3. If your phone is as bad as you say, you should have done your homework (see point 2) and made sure to check up dates on release day. I actually check the MS store that morning and by coincidence during a break in the day.

I got rid of my ATIV S Neo. Moved carries and I'm being patient (not really) using an iPhone 4s, you know the one with a tiny screen, while I wait for my 950XL.

Wish you luck on finding what your looking for.
    metalb00 likes this.
    11-18-2015 12:40 AM
    You mean like making the rest of the country wait another day so MA people won't have hurt feelings?
    Like give people an actual date. They are not releasing toilet paper. Give us a date so we don't sit around on a forum, debating for 10 pages on when they might release the device.
    tuxedo323 likes this.
    11-18-2015 12:51 AM
1,799 ... 2122232425 ...